Feeding of from the last of the Red Clover when there is beautiful Wild Aster in bloom that he would be beautiful setting on in a photo....but he probably knows where the sweet stuff is!! ; }
I wasn't able to get a flat face on view ...so a slice view will do !!
It is a beautiful butterfly ..I love the white on the wing edges!!
I would love to have gotten closer, but he wasn't into
having his photo taken I think!!
Taking flight with a flash of bright orange as the upper part of the
wings flap down !!
Look closely ...there is the shot I wanted, "close up that is",but
this photo is cropped twice, lol....
Across an inaccessible wetland area,of course
that's where it would be!!!
The Monarch is so bright orange I could see
fluttering,and landing , so I tried a shot
just to see if was him...."it was" !
The Sulphur butterflies are the ones I usually see on the Clover
and the Monarch I have seen many times on the
Wild Aster....so what do I see .."ya the reverse"!!!
I may get to see the Monarch on the Aster's before the snow flies..."well"
by the time we have the first frost anyway ..then they will start to migrate !!.
In the mean time I'll let the Sulphur have his day !!
The female Monarch lays here eggs only on the under leaf of the Milkweed
plant , and the larvae feed only on this plant!!
So if you have Milkweed near by don't destroy it !
You will be destroying the Monarch existance!
I saw Hummingbirds twice this week...on Tuesday morning and again yesterday
with a not so great photo ,but a record shot anyway. They must be passing through on there journey
and stop for refueling : }
This one was moving faster than any I have seen from plant to plant, and at one point I don't think he even saw me as he flew almost into my face .."".I ducked "" lol!!
It is almost the weekend so hold on!

love your purple asters. if i was a butterfly, i'd be there too!
ReplyDeleteOur asters are over and done with, gone to seed. There is the odd butterfly around though.
ReplyDeleteI've just been catching up on folk ... it has been a slow process so I was SIX posts behind on you! You've been one snap happy girl I'd say. After fluttery butterflies no less ... things that I don't even attempt anymore because it is impossible to sneak up on anything with Mingus in tow. Nice to see your captures though. Speaks of patience to me.
Grace, at least you have some butterflys; despite all the flower still in Grenville's not wildflower jungle, I haven't seen many butterflies, but did see some honey and bumble bees.
ReplyDeleteWunderschöne Momente in der Natur, sehr schön festgehalten...
ReplyDeleteLiebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Absolutely gorgeous butterflies. The Humming Bird.......at least you got most of it!
ReplyDeleteLovely shots in great settings as well.
ReplyDeleteYou are too good for me GG. {:)
HI Teresa...thank you so very much!! : }
ReplyDeleteHi Cicero...You sure have been busy ...thanks for taken the time to come by!!!
Hi B...Grenvilles jungle...huh...lol
Maybe next year...Thanks!!
Hi Hans-Peter...thanks ever so much!!!
Hi Adrian...thanks so much !!
Hey Roy...Thanks....oh I don't think so.. ; }
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteBRAVO gal, you captured him very well and my eyes popped out when I saw the one in flight! Awesome shot!!!
ReplyDeleteYep, I have a few hummers passing through here. One is a female and she for the past few days has faught of the males in a big way. She is a feeder hog that is for sure. Guess she likes my cookin' (nectar)
Hi Tammmy...good southern cooking huh!! lol
ReplyDeleteThanks and have a lovely weekend ...I am heading to northern Maine to visit my daughter for the weekend!!
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteI remember the Monarch from my visit last year. They are beautiful, like a lovely piece of Tiffany glass.
Sweet Hummingbird.....aaah, I remember these little beauties.
You are so lucky to have them so close.
I wish I lived nearby....I grow milkweed and absolutely love it.......
Have a lovely weekend, you old romantic you :)
Hi Cherly...hahaha ; }
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend ..I wish you lived near by too!! : }
Grace
Beautiful Monarch shots....the third picture is so sharp it looks like glass. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletethose little hummers ... so quick! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteLovely images Grace I have had a lovely day chasing butterflies.
ReplyDeleteIt's the hottest end of September for over 100 years... Snow has been forecast soon.... so weird.
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely butterfly the Monarch is! I spend time chasing butterflies, sometimes it is relaxing, sometimes not so, especially when the little blighters won`t settle! ;)
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
gorgeous purple asters!! great butterfly captures....i miss my hummers!!
ReplyDeletehave an awesome weekend!!
your butterfly shots are TERRIFIC!! BEAUTIFUL!!! personally..i think the straight-on look..is well...too flat!! i love the ones where the wings are folded...with a hint of the top side showing!! they're just gorgeous!!
ReplyDeletelucky you...hummers still around??!! wow...here i am in FL and i haven't seen one in a few weeks...i thought it was a little weird! they left HERE to go north??!! :)
well...enjoy your weekend...and your cooler weather before the COLD gets there...and when it does, will you send some this way?? :)
Hi Grace, thanks for sharing these lovely pictures.
ReplyDeleteHi again! Sorry for leaving such a brief comment earlier. Just haven't been feeling well at all. The pictures of the Monarch and Sulfur butterflies on those delicious blossoms, and the blurry Hummer in the end were so good, I felt my comment wouldn't do justice. Thank you, Grace. Looking at those pictures lifted my spirits.
ReplyDeleteOh you got some great captures!
ReplyDeleteGreat Monarch shots Grace, darn hummers are quick, lil stinkers. I haven't seen ours in weeks, I think because of all the rain. Great post, thanks Grace.
ReplyDeleteKatie,Renna,Laura, Andrew, John Debbie,Seasons, Kerri, and Larry...thank you all so much, for you kind comments I so appreciate you all!!
ReplyDeleteSorry a little late getting to reply ,but been away for a few days!!
Grace
I think the Monarchs are already gone from here. Love that hummer shot....nice to see one not at a feeder.
ReplyDelete