Thursday, September 15, 2011

~~The Rest ..Of A Late Summer Walk~~

This day started with snapping and cracking of  lightening ,house shaking thunder, and downpours of rain...not exactly my interpretation of the weatherman's report , but we are going for a walk anyway!!

I decided to take up where we left of yesterday , so get your umbrella's out...  ; }



Some kind of fungi ...I love the color!!






I believe this is a Song Sparrow!!




Love it's expression in this one!!




The seeded head of this Thistle reminds me of
the exterior design of a fresh pineapple ...




Had to get a butterfly in here...
one of the Flittaries?



A Cresent ( tiny little guy) enjoying the Aster's!!








Some of the last pollen of summer to be had, and the
bee's are taken advantage of it!!



Wild apples....there is a lot this year
Should be a good
winter food supply for many birds and other animals!!

 Hope you enjoyed!!

Tomorrow we rest ...back to butterflies!! : }

26 comments:

  1. Another lovely stroll with you.
    I woke up this morning and the temp had dropped over night..quite chilly. My journey into work was through patchy fog...we haven't even had Autumn yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh these are so pretty!! we went for a walk today also, it was a great day to enjoy nature!!

    thanks for your sweet comments on my blog, i should have clarified, when i say pretty feet, that means i got a pedicure & that rocks. the way i said it sounded a lil conceded!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just the kind of photos that I love to take and to look at. You've got some beauties here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super bird shots GG and I love the Reedmace and the apple shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice walk! I love fungi! And your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured autumn's glory and so beautifully.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Grace, you are such a keen photographer and nature-lover. Did you be any chance put up a tent on the trail, instead of coming home? The pictures are lovely. I enjoy your captions with the photographs. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lovely nature walk Grace and with a nice selection of things to photograph. That wasn't just a little complaint about the weather forecasters was it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these photos and the thistle is beautiful but can get out of control or I would love to have them just for the flower. Thank you for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful walk. Beautiful shots. Photography always improves a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful nature shots. The thistle looks magical:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Andrew...thank you very much : }


    Hi Debbie ...thank you so much I appreciate i!!
    No I didn't think that at all!! : }


    Hi Denise... Oh thank you ..glad you enjoyed!! : }


    Hey Roy...thanks for much appreciated words.. : }


    HI Renna Thanks you!! : }


    Hi Laura..thanks ,and a happy weekend to you to. : }


    HI Seasons..haha I prefer my bed...did plenty of tenting in my day!!
    Thanks you always have the nicest comments!! :: }


    Hey Phil..why yes it was ..he didn't say that those "scattered" storm was going to be over my house : }}
    Thanks my buddy : }


    Hi Tammy..your welcome to come along anytime..
    Glad you liked and thanks. : }


    Hi Adrian...thanks, but nothing like the one you had yesterday! : }

    Hi Euthymic...I couldn't belive the look of the thistle ..I have never deen one look like that before..
    thanks you !! : }

    ReplyDelete
  13. these are all really beautiful. so full of texture and color. love it all... the cattails were dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wild apples are my favourite, but, they are all take number 1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed this walk Love the variety of things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely rainy walk in Maine! I like the fungus that reminds me of an ear. Great photos - I enjoyed visiting your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Teresa..thanks you so very much...: }


    Hi Bob...Oh thank you ...: }}}
    The apples are "one" of my favorites!!


    Hi Ruth...thanks so much!!


    Hi Keith...thanks..that one "is" my favorite!!


    Hi Barb I thought that fungus looked like something lol that's it!!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grace, enjoyed this second part of the walk. We' re going to be getting out more too now that cooler temps are coming. The photos were a great accompaniment to the text or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was, indeed, a nice walk! We are both seeing thistle I see! Enjoyed the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Grace,
    Some lovely photos there! The fritillary was a joy to see, as was the Song Sparrow.
    It has a distinct Autumn (Fall) feel in dear old Blighty now and we didn`t even get a summer!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the wonderful late summer walk...your flowers...and flutterby's...are all so beautiful!! :) i am soooo looking forward to the cooler weather...we have it in the AM...but it warms up as the day goes on...
    thanks for the relaxing stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What lovely images. :) The butterfly is wonderful. :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely walk! Glad the apples are good up north. We are not experiencing the best year here at all due to all the spring rain. Boo! The only organic orchard has none so we will have to look elsewhere. The woods and fields are looking so beautiful now with all the changing colors!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I'm amazed you are still getting so much light. It is fading away here both because of the storms we start to have and the daylight decreased. But we can still get some nice light moment. You got a beautiful post with so nice colors....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic photos. I love all the wild flowers this time of year and the fields they way they look ! Have a wonderful day !

    ReplyDelete