Sunday, September 25, 2011

~~~"Still Have Butterflies"~~~

 A strange spell of weather we are having  here , with today's temperature in the low 80's, about 20 degrees higher then  normal for this time of year !
This has been going on for a few days , and it looks like we are having 3 more days at least .  I have a feeling we are going to have a real surprise one of the days soon when a cold front moves in ...brrrrrr!!

The late blooming wild flower like the Aster's have been exceptionally lovely this year, and much loved by the butterflies that are still about!!
This past week I went to get some photo's of the Aster's  ,and much to my delight found a butterfly on them !
I whip the camera up and push down ..nothing happens,and again,...great the camera was on off ...so there goes the butterfly, but he landed in the field, so I waited and waited and finally it flew back up on the flower!!


A Fritillary Butterfly!!



A little tattered and faded, but looking oh so pretty !!









Being upstaged by a Bumble Bee here!!












Hope I  see plenty more butterflies ....before the snow flies!!


"Have a good start to your week"

22 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful butterfly, do you know, what is the name for it. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's age, the number of times I have to retrace my steps for a battery!
    these are really wonderful shots....I'm so glad you remembered where the on button is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must hear the word beautiful many times...so here, once more. Your subject and pictures are beautiful. And you'll see these creatures will know it before all of us, when the season changes. Thanks for sharing, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foto-Poesie vom Feinsten! eine GROSSARTGE Fotoserie...

    Liebe Grüsse Dir

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the weather, its been crazy here too. I need to plant some Aster, its beautiful and great for the butterflies. LOVELY photos, music to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous....both the asters and the butterfly!!

    i have never seen a fritillary butterfly before, it's a pretty one!!

    here in new jersey it's been way too warm.....i can't wait for cool fall temperatures!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful design on her wings. This series of photos really leaves one breathless:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely butterfly to see great images Grace...
    I am having a bit of an indian summer as well and as I am on vacation it's really welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bob...it is one of the Fritillary's, but I don't know which one... : }
    Thanks such much!!


    Thank you Teresa!! : }


    Hi Adrian...thanks so much....
    It isn't age for me ...lol ; }


    Hi Seasons....I don't get tired of hearing , beautiful...thank you so very much!!


    Han-Peter...thanks your to kind!!


    Hi Tammy ...thanks : }


    HI Debbie...thanks !!


    Hi Kerri thank you !!


    Euthymic...thanks that is so kind if you ...the butterfly is the one who need's the thanks ..: }}


    Hi Andrew...I am glad your getting some go days while your off work...
    Thanks my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great start to autumn we have had indeed. I especially love the asters that are blooming so prettily now. Great captures of the butterflies...I have tried several times to get a photo of a monarch with no success.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patience paid off. These are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, beautiful shots of the butterflies. And the flowers are gorgeous. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely images GG with great colour co-ordination as well. We are having unusually warm temperatures for a few days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cheryl...thanks so much...
    Hope you have been out enjoying this lovely warm weather we have been having, and that you are feeling ok!!




    HI Ruth...thanks...yes it does : }


    Hi eileeninmd...Thanks for you kind words and for coming by !!


    Hey Roy...thanks do much..I loved these colors too!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  15. The butterfly and the flowers are beautiful. Hopefully you will have more opportunities to share these beautiful creatures with us before the cold chases them away. Great photos Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Grace,

    I do wish I had butterflies in my garden. I read recently they are in serious trouble in parts of UK. It would appear to be so. They have plenty of butterfly blooms and host plants but it is rare to see one in the garden. So sad. I do miss them.

    BTW you really do not need a new camera. I adore your images....they always look so romantic. Are you a romantic, I wonder :)

    The weather is worrying, isn't it?
    The forecast here is the worst winter for years.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great shots here ... some final dining before the cold.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grace, and thanks for sending that sunny weather just for me. It's so warm here we even have lots of butterflies, but not as nice as those fritillaries. Of course it can only end in tears, or water of some kind. Keep snapping.Phil

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Larry...me too,but I think it's going to come to an end soome!!
    Thanks very much!!


    Hi Cheryl...yes I suppose I am a romantic ...your right ; }
    Thanks for you kind words...maybe I don't need on after all!!



    Hi Renna ..thanks you ..for sure!!


    Hey Phil..your very welcome : }}
    Form of ice or sleet...snow? yuck!
    Thanks my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful on the asters! I don't seem to see those frittilary butterflies here.

    ReplyDelete