I have noticed a variety of butterflies and bee's on it's blossoms just about anytime of the day since it has come into bloom, and it is now turning that nice blush pink shade I love so much, but this is a post about one of it's many frequent visitors.
The
"Common Wood Nymph"
This one was taken over a week ago , and
the eye is very blue in the center which makes
me believe it could be the "Blue Eyed Greyling, just
one of the many variations of their colors!!
This one I took just a couple of days ago, and I noticed on this one
that the area around where the eye is paler in color
and so is the blue of the eye. It is almost not visable as blue..
Perhaps a female ??
The Wasps where really giving the numerous number of them a razzing!!
They would fly around them...the butterflies would flick there wings to
shake them of, but the persistent Wasps would win in the end, and the
butterfly would move on !!
I really love the blush pink with the colors of the Wood Nymph!!
Someone in the fashion world finally put brown and pink together , and
it was a hit!!
I love the combination,
but the Creator "had it going " all along!!
Some lovely shots of that lovely little butterfly Grace, it`s not one that I am familiar with ( but that doesn`t say a lot);)! The hydrangea looks like a beautiful specimen!
ReplyDeleteJ
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
The butterfly is tremendous, so lovably.
ReplyDeleteHi John..Thanks you...
ReplyDeletedon't sell yourself to short..
I had to look the information up ; } !
Hi Bob...thanks my friend!!
Down right amazing photography, I love the moth's eyes. But I have to say that hydrangea tree is outstanding. How tall is it as you called it a tree. I have got to get me one of those. Looks like they bloom all summer?
ReplyDeleteI love brown and pink together, too. Such soft colors. And you're right: nature realized this before we did.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos ! Love the pale pink of the Hydrangeas, we also call them snowball bushes ! Have a wonderful eve.
ReplyDeletejust gorgeous! subtle in color, but so striking too!
ReplyDeleteHow very pretty! Just wonderful. :)
ReplyDeleteButterflies are amazing and fun to watch. I agree with your comment about the contrast of the wood nymph and the flower.
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are gorgeous and the butterfly is a great addition.
ReplyDeleteLove the colours!
ReplyDeleteA wonderful set.......I wonder if it is age rather than sex that accounts for the fading. I've never noticed Wasps harassing Butterflies before.
ReplyDeleteGrace, you have shared some beautiful pictures. Pictures #4,5,6 and 7 are just amazing. The pink blush, and the brown butterfly - just how creative the Creator is! Thank you for sharing these happy pictures.
ReplyDeleteWOW... I have no favorite here Grace, they are all wonderful.
ReplyDeleteHi Tammy...thanks ,but you are to kind..
ReplyDeleteIt actually is a bush at this point..it was a tree and got damaged grew back and is about 5ft tall !!
They come in tree or bush types...also some are blue, but they are very short and not so hardy! : }}
Hi Season's Thank you so much ...
Hi Jean...thanks...ya some people think they are so smart you know there idea...hahahaha!
Hope we have a rainless weekend..
Elaine...I love to dry them for a winter bouquet,but it has to be done at the right time!!
Thanks
Hi Teresa...thanks...kind of femmy,but I love it! : }
Hi Lois...Thanks you very much!!
HI B...Yah I am going to miss the butterflies.. : { They will be gone soon!!
Hi Ruth...thanks you!!
Hi Cicero...thanks you !!
Hi Adrian...Thanks....you are probably right on the fading ....
It wasn't just the Wasp's the bee's where too. I have seen them bothere them many times!! : }}
Hi Season's...A bit of the feminime side of me : } It does come out now and then!!
Yes a great Creator!
Thanks..glad you enjoyed!!
Hi Larry...Thanks you so much ..I appreciate you kind words!!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I love the combo of the hydrangea and the butterfly. That is a kind I never see. I would love to have the hydrangea in my yard.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos !!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Grace,
ReplyDeleteSuch a lovely butterfly with those eyes. The hydrangea is wonderful.
Is it Limelight? I have that in my garden and it is just starting to blush :)
Brown and pink is a gorgeous combination and one that I wear often.
Have a lovely weekend my friend.
Wonderful captures of the butterfly and your hydrangeas look lovely. Mine are not in such good shape with the recent rains!
ReplyDeleteYour Blog is beautiful...simply stunning photos!
ReplyDeleteA lovely little butterfly to see Grace and great images of them.
ReplyDeleteI have never seen wasps chasing off butterflies before... a nice observation..
Have a great weekend.. xx
Well that's not gonna happen here.. It is getting colder because of the wind and even the golden plover are now gathering to go away ;-) Beautiful collection of pictures you got there and this butterfly is sumptuous!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary..Thanks ...It is nice having the fall blooms makes this seem not so fallish!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lasse ...thank you so very much,and for coming by!!
Hi Cheryl...I don't wear brown well, but put the pink next my face first and then we get along : }}
Thanks so much my dear friend!
Hope your weekend is the best!
Hi Renna...Thanks so very much!!
Hi Sherry..thanks for coming by !!
I am so glad you enjoyed!!
Hi Andrew...thanks ...yes they are pretty comical to watch ...I don't think they hurt them, I think they annoy them until they leave!! : }}
Hi Chris...hahaha... no I would imagine not ; } !!
Thanks so much Sweetie!!
Hi Grammie. I came over from Mollie's Folks Down Under. I love your quote about taking photos in summer. I was just wondering why I take all those photos of my flowers and my garden. Now, I know why. Your photos are lovely.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful butterfly, and a great catch with the wasp.
ReplyDeleteThanks you so much for coming by and for your comment on my photo's ..I'll have to watch my spelling with a teacher on board..: }
ReplyDeleteHi Keith...thanks so much ..those Wasps are quick!!
Hi Grace and this is just to let you know that Katia is promised for Monday and Tuesday. However I don't hold you personally responsible but can you please send me an address where I can send the bill for my blown down fences? Nice looking butterflies in your garden - must be warm and sunny - I wish. Your pal Phil
ReplyDeleteWhat a great combination GG and superb images.
ReplyDeleteGrace you got some super shots of this awesome garden visitor!! I have one of these types hydrangea it grows very slow but the flowers are awesome...MINE started out in the sun but the trees behind it grew and now its in the shade so not so many blooms anymore.
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...thanks you very much!!
ReplyDeleteHey Sondra...thanks girl your awesome!!
Hey Phil..oops...almost ..but who could forget you...hahaha!!
Thanks my pal!!! lol