Out of the corner of my eye I saw the sun setting ....it was huge and red as fire!!
I wondered if it was worth trying to get a shot of it...then turned and went for the camera.
A neighbors house just down from me on the opposite side is a not so great an angle, plus electrical poles and lines everywhere, but I tried right through his back yard. I thought "darn"that's got all his back yard stuff in it too!
This is how that photo came out..
"poof"
all his junk is gone!!
At this point it still had trees in the way ..so of I go
again!!
I live somewhat in a valley so the further I went the more it appeared to go down quicker...finally a spot ( I often wonder what the neighbors think lol)!!
When I got out of the tree line it was going down fast,and getting darker by the minute
no time to change settings .. "dark and no glasses".. "I think not" ...lol
I just kept trying and oh sooooo slow went the shutter!!
I thought "darn these are going to be a blurr"!
They came out ..surprisingly !!
I really like the fact that on
the top of that ridge runs a road which the sun looks like it
is sitting on ! : }}
There will always be a sunset ,but the days are getting shorter
so if you see a pretty one and you want a photo,
don't let it go down on you!!
yeah, the darkness is setting in so surprisingly soon again! like someone just flipped a switch or something. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Yep, last days of summer and fall just over the horizon.
ReplyDeleteHow very beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThese are pretty. The sun does set very fast,especially if you want to capture that perfect shot.
ReplyDeleteWell............Alls well that turns out well. Love the sun behind the trees.
ReplyDeleteWell worth the effort.
I think that number 1 is, by standard, really really is the best.
ReplyDeleteThey are all beautiful, but that first one is a stunner. Aren't you glad you made the effort? I much prefer the longer days!
ReplyDeleteGrace, they are fabulous shots!
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful colours!!
Isn't the Lord amazing?!
I guess your neighbours know by now how much you love your camera lol!
Good for you, my friend :-D
Keep chasing the sun..Trish
These are stunning! The first one ...you just can or cannot get a picture as amazing as that. I am so glad you chased after the setting sun for as long as you could and get these memorable pictures. Grace, thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteGrace,
ReplyDeleteWonderful images, so inspiring, I want to rush out and take photos of the sun setting :)
I have watch many sunsets with Mr P and I can truly say I remember every one of the special ones....
Hi Teresa...I am not looking forward to it..
ReplyDeleteThanks
Hi Denise...Oh yes were getting there!!
Thanks
HI Lois...thank you!!
Hi Adain...thanks my friend!!
Hi Bob..thanks..that one ended up surprising me!! : }}
HI Karen...thanks ...yes I am! It's always worth a try!!
HI Trish...nice to hear from you ..
Yes for sure He is!!
Thanks so much...
Blessing
Grace
Hi Seasons...Oh thank you so much!!
You are to kind..
Glad you enjoyed!
Hi Cheryl..It is so nice to have someone like Mr P. with you to share personally...that is what I miss so much!!
I am very thankful though to have friends like yourself to share with! : }
Thank you!!
A beautiful sunset Grace I am so pleased you chased it.
ReplyDeleteIt already feels like winter is on its way here and we haven't had Autumn (Fall) yet... very dull and its been raining all day.
Take care X
Grace, Since when did you care what your neighbours thought? And anyway, tell them to mind their own business if you want to wander around in the dark with a camera pointing it in the sky. Seriously though it looks like you got over the hurricane safely but you will be pleased to know we are now getting a piece of it that we don't want. Any hummers out there n the night?
ReplyDeleteLovely photos Grace,
ReplyDeleteI can`t remember the last time we had a sunset to speak of here, it`s just been dull and grey :(
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
I tend to agree with Bob, that first one is THE shot... I think it is perfect and the darkness together with this red ball is jsut fantastic. The others are beautiful too but by far I love the first one more...
ReplyDeleteHi Andrew..raining here to.. has been for a couple of days...
ReplyDeleteThanks..glad you enjoyed !
Hey Phil..I have lived here for a long time and so haven't most of them ..so your right !
Thanks my good buddy !!
Hi John...thanks so much ...sorry about the rain: {
Hi Chris...thanks you so much..your a Sweetie!! : }
Well from one sun chaser to another its Such a Thrill to get a good shot of the heart of our Universe!! Great work...
ReplyDeleteGreat shots, Grace. The setting sun is always a beautiful capture especially when it's red and large as this one.
ReplyDeleteYou got a whole lot of shots of that sunset, and all of them are great!
ReplyDeleteLove the shots of the sun peeking through the trees:)
ReplyDeleteYour photos are beautiful Gail. The sun through the trees is great.
ReplyDeleteWell you got some great shots anyway GG. The sun always appears to go down (surprisingly) very fast just as it nears the horizon. You have to be quick.{:)
ReplyDeleteOh and a superb new header.
ReplyDeleteLovely! Really beautiful shots.
ReplyDeleteHey Sondra..Thanks you thrill seeker!! : }
ReplyDeleteHi B..Thanks love sunsets!!
Hi Jean thanks you ! : }
HI Euthymic...thanks you , and for coming by to!!
Hi Larry...Thanks you !! : ]
Hey Roy...I am quick I get your jokes don't I !!
Thanks : }}}
Hi Mary...thank you : }
How did I miss these? OH MY GOODNESS, truly spectacular photos. I cant see the sun setting as I am sorta' down in a hole so I miss some great looking sunsets unless we drive out of the neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteGod bless and keep you safe.