Sunday, September 4, 2011

"What's That Bird"

A recent morning I took my camera for a walk as I do often around my little three arce place I call home, looking for whatever might catch my eye to capture!!

Something was flinting from branch to branch in the brush,and I searched with my eyes until I saw this cute little bird that I had not seen before!
I was able to get a few photo's of it, but I don't know how many images I viewed on different bird sites  to find out what it was!

Started with the Warbler's, and Vireo's ended up with the "Common Yellow Throated Warbler"
either female or  immature !

If you have another thought on it's ID tell me !!






I think it is a cutie ..and not  so common to me!!

 
PS  ...should have added this when I posted this ;
A heartful thanks to all who have left comments about my welfare on the previous post
You are all great friends !!
Thanks again!! 

25 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,

    Isn't she lovely? I would be totally captivated by her....

    What a perfect combination of colour. A delightful little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, welcome back! It is thrilling to read of so many comments on your last post, from people who care about you. Great to be outdoors again, isn't it? Did an image check on Google for the Yellow throated Warbler (Maine), and there is quite a variety plumage. So your guess is as good...no better than mine, especially in that the bird is a female or young. The pictures are beautiful. I'm learning a bit about birds from blogs like Phil's and yours.

    How's Mandy, your "Butterball baby"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet!! I had the same little bird in my willows the other morning. I had to post the picture to someone else to confirm my i.d.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty, no good asking me, I ask Keith and he's away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont have an ID for it, have not seen one here but it sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great bird to have right in your own back yard!!! YIPPIE on that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cheryl...I loved trying to keep a eye on where you kept moving to in the bushes...so cute

    Thanks my friend...and for you concerns!!

    Grace


    Hi Seasons....It is a confusing ID..so many so close in appearance!!
    Thanks for your concerns, and for you kind words on my post!!

    Phil..knows his stuff..great person to!!
    Mandy is Mandy ..I love her, but after 3 years still has a trust issue...I can relate!!

    Grace



    Hi Karen...Is it the same ID..?
    Thanks !!


    Hi Adrian...thanks..with all your wit..you can leave those things to the Old Bugger ..darn.. I miss him!!


    HI Tammy ...thanks...sometimes it just matter that we can enjoy them !!



    Hi Teresa ....yes it is a real flitty little one!!


    Hi Sondra...I always love you comments YIPPEE lol
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace, so nice to see your familiar blog posts with lovely flowers or bird life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is cute.It can be so frustrating to not find who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's definitely acute little bird. You did a great job grabbing some photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It'a lovely to chase wildlife around your garden Grace.. and you got some wonderful images..
    Post a pic on Birforum on the Bird ID page... the experts will tell you what is in in seconds...

    Glad to have you back XX
    Big hugs Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cutie. I love the Warblers too Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth..thanks..they where all starting to look the same!!lol


    Hi Jean...thanks you!!


    Hi Andrew...thank you ...there is so much close by ...sometimes we have the grass is greener on the other side mentality !!
    I will check out that froum!!


    Hi Bob...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whatever it is, its a beauty GG. Wrong part of the world for me to help unfortunately, but its a worth seeing thats for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Roy..Thanks so much ..I was excited to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello

    I came here and wish a good week.

    A kiss.

    Nita

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet little fellow, I like his yellow belly.
    Glad you're back with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't help with the ID Grace; I have enough trouble with UK birds lol
    A pretty one though; lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Nita..thanks you for coming by!! : }

    Hi Laura...Thanks so much.. : }


    Hi Keith..That's okay...I wouldn't be able to help you with one from the Uk either..lol
    Thanks so much..
    so glad you are home!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...she's a cutie! She does look a bit like a female Common Yellowthroat with that little white eye ring... I love all of her cute postures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a yellowthroat to me Grace but heck what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't know warblers, but whatever it is, it is sure beautiful! Lucky you to have it!

    ReplyDelete