Wednesday, September 21, 2011

~~~~"" Angel Wing Butterflies"""~~~

Up until the end of last week I had seen a lot of butterflies around one of which was a new one for me!I was so excited when I noticed this one daily on the Sedum plant in the garden !!!
There very busily going about his business was what looked like the Comma's that I had seen my  UK blogger friends post !
Having never seen one here before I did a search , and found that there is two Comma's that could be seen see here in my area;  the Eastern and the Gray Comma!   There are more, but they are hard to distinguish apart!!  
Another reason I was pretty sure it was a Comma was because in July I had seen and posted a Question Mark Butterfly,.  I had never seen one of them  before either so had to do some  research and found both the Question Mark and the Comma very similar,and at that time figured out the difference between the two....sounds like your back in school studying  punctuations marks instead of butterflies ..huh!!


This is the Comma , which I am not sure?
Both of the two I mentioned above are the smaller of the
Comma's !


The tiny marking on the longer wing, which is discribed
as silver is more like an L meaning this could be the Gray Comma!!
whereas the Eastern has more of the comma shape on the wing!!


I also found that are in a classification of butterflies that is called
 "Angel Wings"!!


Angel Wings are named for there punctuation marks
and distintive marking!!

They all have the same coloring with dark markings
and jagged wing edges!!


I think it is a beauty on the Pink Sedum!!




We had a few days of cool weather, and I haven't seen him since
last Friday even though the weather has warmed up , and I am back in
shorts and tanks again !! 

If your interested in the post I did on the Question Mark Butterfly
it is titled "I Should Have Stayed Home "  8/2/11




Note to blogger friends ...I have not gone for a walk and got lost ,or ran of with a handsome fella.. lol !
I have had issues with having to change my passwords and blogger  tried to tell me I did not exist,( possibility) then I did exist ,and got in a few comments then wanted to know if  I  wanted to create a blog,  lol  and would not let me comment on your posts...sorry about that , but I have been following and checking in on you posts even when you didn't know it . : }}
Hopefully all is straightened out!!!

20 comments:

  1. Grace, you have been a little thief, please, don't take it away from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Grace this has been a real struggle... internet problems don't faze me though I am still in awe at what we can all do these days...
    Third time lucky I hope this gets through.


    You may get all three but it's only 'cos I miss you lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Grace!
    The internet is a right royal pain in the bum, but where would we be or what would we do without it!?
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these little butterflies. Great photos! I don't get many here for some reason. May need to have different flowers!
    Argh! Internet stuff drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, I have never seen these butterflies and do have the same flowers in the front yard so might have to go out to check. The photos are beautiful as is the subject matter. Sorry to read about your problems with blogger. Grenville was having a similar one a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb shots............I don't know what Blogger are up to. I couldn't load the post yesterday and it's just appeared as a new one.
    You have our butterflies over there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I haven't stopped by, my computer died for a while.. hope your doing well. Miss seeing you and let me know how everything goes. Take care and hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There you are. Blogger when they change or add something, it seems to goof something up for a bit but glad you are back on.

    LOVELY flowers, I have not seen those before and this butterfly, breathtaking. Such detail you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was lucky enough to see a question mark butterfly here last year and was completely enamored with it. love these shots of the comma. SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty butterflies. I am glad you have the patience to try to distinguish the species. I have all I can do to keep the birds straight!

    I HATE blogger problems. So glad you got yours straightened out. Thanks for stopping by to say Hi! I've been a bit out of touch myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Foto-Poesie vom Feinsten...

    Herzlichst und liebe Grüsse

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. Your butterflies are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, another perfect set of images. Well done GG.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Renna...thank you so much...you'll have to bone up on what plants attract butterflies!! : }}


    Hi B...thanks you so much...are you at home for awhile ..lol!


    Hi Adrian...I'm glad I am not the only one ..that didn't really sound right!! : }}
    Thanks so much my friend ...no we don't have your butterfly...it is ours just a little different lol!!


    Hi Tracey... Thanks, and for coming by! Hope to see you soon!


    Hi Tammy ...I missed you all to..
    Thanks so much..it is a lovely butterfly!! : }


    Hi Teresa... Thanks you!!


    Hi Katie...I get on my curious kicks when I see something not familiar lol!
    Thanks so much!!


    Hi Han-Peter...thank you so much for your lovely comment!!

    Hi Larry ..Thank you they are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Roy...Thanks.. I appreciate you approval : }

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whatever the name of this butterfly,it is beautiful and the setting is so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...I've never seen that comma before! Great shots. I was photographing butterflies on sedum today also. it sure attracts everything that flies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i have NEVER seen the Question Mark or Comma's...they sure are beauties!! and your pictures...are awesome!!! what beautifully shaped wings!! you have such a variety...thanks for snapping away & sharing them all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. And there was me Grace, thinking you had run off with the milkman or some handsome bird watcher. But no you were just having problems with our old friend Blogger again and all the time pestering those butterflies with your camera.Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Ruth...thanks you!! : }


    Hi Mary...The Sedum is a sure favorite..
    Thanks!!


    Hi Laura...first's for me to..they are lovely!!
    Thanks so very much!!


    Hi Phil...oh my funy friend you are lol
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete