Wednesday, September 14, 2011

~~~"Late Summer Walk"~~~

Well today a break from the butterflies although I have more to post ; } just to let you know just encase your not a butterfly lover!
 I took a walk this week, and I need to resume a walking routine now that gardening and the hot weather is passing into Autumn, but the temp's this week have been in the mid-eighties, so it was 2 mile one for now!!


Golden Rod...makes you sneeze  ;  }

Curly Dock!!

I cut across a neighbors field road to the old barn and found the old wagon that he used
to hitch the horse he had to ...I had a ride in it "once"..lol
Notice that the Queen Anne's lace is still blooming ...there has
been a lot of second blooming this year, more than usuasl where the fields
have been cut !!

Gentle and loving goats belong to a new neighbors who moved
here this year adjacent to land across from  the barn!!
There are 20 goats...some are Nubian and some Boer's!!


Just a little blurry,but I loved this little guy roping to greet me!!
They all have collars on, and are leashed and taken for walks, even
though they have a large pasture..they like to eat the leaves along the way!!


"Oh these leaves are so delicious"


I don't think you can tell with the tree reflection on the
water,but  there is the river right behind this goat..
plenty of fresh water for them !!


Moving on I startled a couple of female Mallard's!!


Fall Aster's







I slowly crept up on this fellar only to find that it was only a
 shell of what it had been ...it wasn't alive...haha!
 I don't know what happens here... but I think it
was a Cricket of some sort!!


Late blooming Teasel.....Love those big old Grasshopper's!


I have more from the walk..may be tomorrow.. more, or may be butterflies!!

17 comments:

  1. is there anyone living who does not LOVE butterflies.

    there is nothing better then finding unexpected treasures on a walk.

    the goats are my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the pictures. There is so much variety - flowers, goats, ducks, bugs, and even an old wagon. I'm serious, all the pictures you have posted this summer deserve to be in a book. Thanks Grace!

    And your family pictures in the side-bar are beautiful. I can just hear your daughters say, they want to hold onto their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hum, I have a daughter, who hates butterflies. I shall disown her, but she is so beautiful.
    All of the pictures in your blog are brilliant, right down to the Grasshopper, who I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that they take the goats out for munching walks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post GG.
    Love the brown and white Nubians.
    Goats are great for the garden, they eat absolutely everything.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie...thanks so much...glad you enjoyed the goats I had fun with them!!


    Hi Seasons...thanks you are way to kind ...but I will except it ; }
    Yes my daughter love there treasured ones and ,and grammie loves them all!!

    Hi Bob...you be good to your daughter now ; }
    Thank you so much!!


    Hi Teresa..thnaks...cute huh!!


    Hey Roy...if they would eat only what you want them to hahah!!
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A grand walk........Goats are always entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful walk Grace... I was with you all the way. My rambles are never planned if I can help it just a thought then off I go...the best way to see wildlife and capture images of the unexpected and of course relax.
    A wonderful post...many thanks for sharing it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thoroughly enjoyed "walking along with you" today. Lovely photos. I love the goats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That walk look very enjoyable,except for the grasshoppers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Adrian..thanks..quite entertaining !! : }


    HI Andrew..thank you very much...glad you enjoyed the walk!!


    Hi Cheryl..it is so nice to have you back..glad you enjoyed the walk!
    Thanks..and be well!!


    Hi Ruth..haha I take it you don't like grasshoppers...
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful set of images. Wonderful photo work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so love seeing nature through your eyes.. you see everything!! Hope your doing well, Have missed you at church and just want you to know that you are missed and loved!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An altogether lovely walk. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I seem to be walking backwards here Grace, trying to catch up with all your posts. I must say those goats do look very happy & friendly and they make great subject matter for the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the goats! I use to raise and milk them. some of those weeds will flavor the milk if they are giving any!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh! I need an introduction to our new goat neighbors :D Love the ears of the one running!

    ReplyDelete