"Friday the 23 of September" ; } . I'm not ready to say goodbye to Summer yet!!
I have a bit of a problem switching my thoughts to this change of season when I have hardly seen leaves change color!!
The real thing for me is when we have nights that dip down into low 30 degree mark and the first killing frost comes along and the gardens go silent !! There desire to flourish and send forth the delightful colorful blooms of the summer days are over!!
I have to agree that migrations of some spicies of birds and butterflies have moved on, but I have photos from the gardens that show that summer mode still in the air!!
There in the Sweet Alyssum and Yellow Biden plants
is the Cabbage White Butterfly!!
Roses in the rose garden still pushing forth buds!!
Blue Lobelia in the background!!
Notice the shadow of the butterfly on the rock!!
Just when I hadn't seen a Hummingbird in a week
one showed up at the feeder ..probably just passing through
on it's long journey !!
I watched where it went... right to the Hosta plants that still have
some lingering flowers left !!
It is a blurry shot but I like it,and it is probably the last one
I will get this year!! : {
Another rose with a cheerful bud popping forth !!
Chickadee's haven't came in to the feeder's yet !!
That's a sign that they still have plenty of summer insects to
feed on!!
This is one of my favorites of the summer the White Admiral !!
Always around the gardens!!
This was taken the the middle of last week
and I haven't seen many since!! : {
Great Crested Flycather ..I believe????
in the Northern Cedar hedge!!
Another from the middle of last week..not to be seen since is
the Common Ringlet Butterfly!!
The Hydrangeas are now at the point that I started picking
some to dry for winter bouquet yesterday. : {
Morning Glories twisting and turning in just about every garden!!
I have given up trying to control them...they are just lovely and
make me smile!! : }
Beautiful images GG, especially the White Admiral and the rose shots are perfect.
ReplyDeleteThey are all tremendous photos, but, I love to see the Morning Glories, they mean quite a lot to me, when I was a teenager, yes, I know.
ReplyDelete...it definitely still looks like summer in your yard! I love your little hummer shot. Our "regulars" hit the road last week. It was so sad to not see them the next morning. Hopefully we get a few migrants dropping in. I'm going to keep the nectar up for them! (Beautiful rose...)
ReplyDeleteLove the "Admiral" Grace. An excellent series of photos. Haven't seen a hummer around here in weeks, thanks for sharing yours.
ReplyDeletegorgeous, gorgeous....so much to smile about here!!
ReplyDeletewe had rain all day, the weathermen are saying rain for the next 5 days!!
my hummers are gone...happy to see one stoped by your place today!! they are my absolute favorites!!
WOW!! gorgeous pictures!! the Admiral is awesome!
ReplyDeleteyour photos are certainly a beautiful show of summer...but i look forward to the fall...and winter...besides being down here in the south where it's HOT...i look forward to the cooler weather...and the fiery colors of Fall.... :)
beautiful. love the butterfly shadow shot. and those tight rose buds!!!
ReplyDeleteNot a bad shot amongst them. What's more they are all happy images.
ReplyDeleteA great post.
White Admiral? That's a nice one Grace, and so is the flycatcher which I remember as a bit of a noisy sort. Hope it doesn't keep you awake though when you're trying to have a garden snooze in all that warm sunshine. Of course you are right to try and hang onto summer - at our age we have to make the most of every day don't we?
ReplyDeleteOh yes, keep the summer. Beautiful pictures !
ReplyDeleteThanks for the beautiful scenes. I enjoyed each one.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images Grace...it's lovely to see you flowers and wildlife.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures, Grace. A wonderful summer you have shared with us, and we can remember. A change of season will have its own gifts. Every season has a reason. Thanks Grace!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are gorgeous!!! Awesome spot for butterflies...I love fall but I do hate to say goodbye to the hummers for another yr!! Love that White Admiral photo...omg its terrific!!!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to fall, Grace, although it hardly seems it's arrived here as the weather is warm and muggy and lots of rain expected through Sunday. Not much fall color, but we're off to NH at the beginning of Oct so may get to see some there.
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...thanks...the White Admiral was very complient!! : }
ReplyDeleteHi Bob...when you was a teenager "huh" lol
Thanks so much!!: }
Hi Kelly...thanks you!!
Hi Larry...thanks...I am sure that was the last hummer I will see too!!
Hi Debbie...Oh I am happy they made you smile ...
Thanks!! : }}}}
HI Laura...yes I am sure your reason for fall it a lot different then mine...you need a cool down!!
Thanks you!!
Hi Teresa...Thank you !!
Hi Adrian...thanks ...you are to kind ..glad they made you smile ... : }}}
Hi Phil...thanks my buddy ...: }}}
Hi Lasse...If I only could.: }
Thanks!!
HI Ruth...Thanks..I'm glad you enjoyed!
HI Andrew...Thanks...: }}
HI Seasons...I know ...I will get into the Autumn mode and love it to ..I just hate to see it all end!!
Thanks! : }}
Hi Sondra...So glad you enjoyed the Adrimal...I must say it is my favorite to !!
Thanks my friend!!
Hi B...it is muggy,rainy and warm here to ..Yuck..maybe fall will look good.. : }}}
Thanks!!
Absolutely fantastic images! LOVE that Admiral image!
ReplyDeleteHi Misty...thanks you so much!!
ReplyDeleteGrossaetige Naturfotos, sehr schöne Macros...
ReplyDeleteVielen Dank für all deine Kommenatre zu meinen Werklein...
Viele Grüsse aus der Schweiz
Hans-Peter
Grace, the photo of the admiral on the hydrangea took my breath away. Love it! I think your bird might be an Eastern Kingbird. Great Crested's have a yellow belly and a gray breast and throat with a Rufus tail. Eastern Kingbirds are gray above, white from throat to belly to undertail coverts with a white tip to their gray tail. the tail is not visible in this photo but perhaps you have others? the other possibility would be an Eastern Phoebe but from this angle and that photo it is a bit hard to tell.
ReplyDeleteNice walk through your garden!
Wait a minute! Is that your garden right now! Wow we do not have leaves anymore, and I'm even not talikng about the flowers!!! Beautifuls et of pictures that made me jealous ;-)
ReplyDeleteEvery photo a work of art :) Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Hans-Peter...Very kind, thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Katie...I can't believe I took the Adrimal photo myself..lol
Thanks you!!
Yes you are right... it is the Kingbird!
I have had a Great Crested, Kingbird, and a Phoboe here in the area all summer and I should have looked more carefully ..the Crested is a noisey fellar, and hard to get a photo of !!
Hi Chris...why yes it is ..and today it was 85 degrees..I don't know what is going on ' but I am sure we are going to pay dearly for it..lol
Thanks so much Sweetie!!
Hi Denise ... Oh...thank you so much!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI don't care much for Autumn. Being a "Jersey Girl", who lives down the shore and spends every waking moment at the beach, I find it most difficult to get use to colder days. Oh sure the colors of Autumn are beautiful but really does it need to get dark at 4:30!!
ReplyDeleteHi Trish...I hear you there...dark at 4:30 is depressing!!
ReplyDeleteThe color combinations in these are beautiful! You have such a green thumb :-) I love that White Admiral...another one I never see.
ReplyDelete