"PLANT A STAND OF OLD FASHION FOXGLOVE; THEY WILL RESEED THEMSELVES AND SCATTER THROUGHT YOUR GARDEN"""
I have not planted a Foxglove plant in years, but they always surprise me ever year!!
They are coming up in every garden and I have bunches of little seedling !!!
Here are some photos ....I love this plant!!
Have a great weekend wherever you are and whatever you do...
and find some flowers
to admire!!
I love foxglove, too, Grace, so pretty! I wonder why we're so drawn to them... perhaps we were bees in a former life? ;o)
ReplyDeleteThe Foxglove are very beautiful flowers, and so many on one stalk. It's nice to see the purple and light pink shades growing right next to each other. The close up shows the soft texture of the flower. Thank you for sharing these very nice pictures.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful.This is one plant I have not had success with,so I will just enjoy your pictures.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures but I'm not gonna come in your garden ight now as I'm allergic to most plant of the world ;-)
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos !
ReplyDeleteI like Susan Branch she does such wonderful scrapbooks I have one of her recipe scrapbooks !
Have a wonderful weekend and Happy July 4th to you and your family !
They really are beautiful flowers Grace. I have always loved them and of course they are so typical of an 'English country garden' but unfortunately they don't do too well in mine :( maybe I need to move to Maine ;) However, it could just be that I have always been a little too handy with the hoe in the past and removed any seedlings by mistake! So, as my garden looks, lately, like it has never seen a hoe or any other tool perhaps I should try them again :)
ReplyDeleteYours are so pretty!
Have a lovely weekend and July 4th.
A lovely plant to have around Grace. Just love to watch all the bees disappearing inside the flowers and coming out full of pollen.
ReplyDeleteHave a delightful weekend. FAB.
Nice foxgloves Grace. Ours don't come up every year and maybe like Shy Songbird says I shouldn't be so handy with the hoe (ho ho). I spotted that Tree Swallow box hiding in the corner by the way, hope your keeping tabs on them - I'll be along to put some rings on those youngsters next week. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteI lobe the foxgloves, too. I spotted one in bloom in the woods, just off the road, on our property the other day. I wish it would make it's way into my garden.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful images of a flower we can all share... I love them in the garden and they are to be found growing wild in my local countryside... it is probably one of the first wild flowers I learnt the name of...or was that the daisy?...or buttercup...or maybe the dandylion...oh well!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely weekend Grace xx
I've always loved foxgloves both for their beauty and because bees just luv em. "Take Lots Of Photos So You'll Know Summer Wasn't
ReplyDeleteAll A Figment Of You Imagination"!!Wish I had more summer pics of my Harry
We have some here in our little "weed bed" and its always a joy to see these bloom!! YOUR flowers look terrific--right now our day lillies are blooming--AND another DANG NAB IT MOLE bit down my knock out roses--Grrrrrr
ReplyDeleteVery pretty, specially the close up. :)
ReplyDeleteIts me from across the sea again. Great shots of the Foxglove. Its looking like an English Garden GG.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful addition to any garden spot!! I never thought to try them here. Maybe next year! ~karen
ReplyDeleteGrace, what lovely photos - your foxgloves are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love how just a few of them, can transform a garden into something so special and so pretty.
I would love to grow them here in our yard too.
You've inspired me to plant some when winter's over :-)
bless you..Trish
I love it too! It is such an old-fashioned plant. Beautiful photos!!
ReplyDeletesorry late getting to respond ..last minute decision to spend a couple of days with my daughter!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jain...thanks...Perhaps your right...lol
Seasons...thanks you...there is a very delicate look to them!!
Hi Ruth...thanks ..you can enjoy mine happy to share! : }
Hi Chris...ohhh that's a bummer..
thanks!! ps still can't get on your web!
HI Elaine...thanks..Susan B. does have cute materials!!
Hi Jan...it is a matter of knowing what the seedling look like so you don't hoe them up..lol
I am having trouble with the weeding things myself..your not alone!!
Thanks so much ...and for wishes for the 4th!!
Hi Frank...thanks ...I love that they bring a happy look to the garden!!
Hey Phil..those swallows are just about ready to leave that box ..if you catch a flight right of you should be in time...lol
Maybe you better stick to ringing instead of hoeing..thanks!!
Hi Jean...the wind might have blown some seeds there ..they are very tiny about the size of the end of a small sewing needle so could have blown very easily!!
Thanks!!
Hi Andrew..funny guy...thank you so much!!
Hi Debbie...the bee's sure do like them and I love to hear them buzzing inside!!
So sorry about Harry..it will take time!!
Thanks !!
Hi Sondra...gardening is always a challenge..if it's not one thing it's another!! Weeds,bugs,moles, to much rain, not enough rain....
but I love it!!
Thank you!!
Hi Lois..thanks...I love the look of the insides : }
Hey Roy...so you are still alive..
I think I needed to do more homework...I didn't know about there popularity in England!!
Thank you!!
Hi Karen ...been awhile..
There is always another year!!
Thanks!!
Hi Trish...hope you keeping warm and a pot of tea going!!
I believe you would love them...they make me smile...
Thanks and blessing to you!!
Great, you shot the Foxgloves. Lovely flowers.
ReplyDeletethose are beautiful flowers. :)
ReplyDeletethank you for your sweet comment on my birthday post today! i really appreciate it! :)
Hi Bob..how about that the same day we both post about the same thing lol
ReplyDeleteThanks!!
Hi Teresa ...thanks you..I love them...
You are very welcome..hope it was a good day!!
Grammie G, the lovely foxgloves that bloomed last season have ALL gone this year, so it was lovely to see yours. Perhaps they will return next season. Belated July 4t5h wishes and I posted a couple of colorful pics just for you!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! I tried to grow foxglove once, but they didn't do well. I think I had them in a bad location.
ReplyDelete