Saturday, July 16, 2011

What's All The Fuss About???

With the hay field that borders my property  freshly cut and bailed I can see the Wild Turkeys and there young out moving about ,where as before I knew they where there from the peeping and clucking noise, but couldn't see them!!
Late yesterday afternoon I spotted them, a couple of hens and there young in the field (about 8 of them) near the woods!!     (the hens will group together with there young sometimes in large groups...and the Tom's have nothing to do with raising them)
One of the hens was having a fuss about something in the brush and was carrying on in a very loud frantic manner!!


"Hey Mom" what is it!!
"Just stay back like I told you too while I check it out."

I see it ...I'm going in and take care of that!!

That pesky cat....there, took care of that!!
(I never have seen this cat before, and I am not taking
in any more strays)

 I'm move the kids back out of here and you can deal with the cat ,
"Oh fearless one" !!

16 comments:

  1. LOL! those turkeys are great, and the cat looks quite surprised to be found out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you sneak one of those Turkeys into the freezer Grace? Hope so. I'll be round next week for a taster, save a leg for me.

    It's a shame you didn't let that Big Daddy turkey give the moggy a good pasting, pesky creatures that they are taking all those little birds like Swallows and Bluebird chicks. So it looks like I am having to wait a bit longer for real bird pictures and those American Kestrels you promised me.

    Have a good Sunday and keep out of all that hot northern sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks of Thanksgiving and Christmas when I see those turkeys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant Grace... I am a real cat lover but lost my best mate Billy five years ago (runover) and was so destraught I decided not to replace him.
    I love your Turkeys I only see them in the supermarket freezer cabinet.
    ps I took onboard your advice about planning ahead...
    Good advice many thanks xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace! You really brought out the funny nature of Turkeys with the pictures and narrative. Poor lonely cat....what chance did it stand against this fearless army!!!! Enjoyed reading your post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Teresa...thanks...I think I was more surprised that the fuss was a cat!!lol

    Hey Phil..you trying to get me in trouble with the law... lol

    You know how it is, I have to reduce about two hundred photos to do that post to many pics... but it's coming soon to a blog near you!!!
    I have been in the hot sun today and it is 100 degree in the direct sun on the thermometor right now!!

    PS Don't be holding your breathe on that turkey leg!




    Hi Lois...lol I have eaten wild turkey before it is very chewy,and dry!! So don't get your mouth watering over them!!
    Thanks


    Hi Andrew...I have the two cats ,but they are indoor cats!!
    One is 19 and not doing well, but I don't want any more...I am one of those who love and baby mine them and it hard to lose them!!
    These turkeys are pretty funny to watch!!
    Your welcome..hope your next holiday goes better!!



    Hi Seasons...thank you so very much ...glad you enjoyed...
    they are pretty comical at times lol!!
    It is a pretty cat and looked young,but I have to be strong to resist...I'm a real softy when it comes to kitties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhh...how cool!! I would love to be able to look out and see all those little turkeys! Really nice... Now I have to catch up on your earlier posts. I'm way behind! Loved the photo of the nuthatch in the previous post and the butterfly at the old sapsucker holes...cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace,

    Way to go Mr Turkey.......such a great post.
    Tks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Kelly...Thanks so much...I love it here hardly have to leave the yard and there is always something going on!!!


    Hi Cheryl...thank you and you are very welcome my friend...
    Hope all is well....Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Keith...thanks my friend..ya that turkey was just not afraid of that cat!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Turkeys, best not to eat them, they are JUST another BIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Bob....thanks... and you are right ..I love watching them!!
    They make me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our friends nearby see a hen turkey and her little brood in their back yard every day. There were four chicks originally, but now there are only three. Makes me wonder who got the unlucky one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your turkey post put a big smile on my face this morning. Don't think that cat had a chance! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jean...lol...hmmmm I wonder????


    Hi Karen Thanks ..it was a pretty funny site you just had to be hear to get the full affect!!

    ReplyDelete