I especially wanted to mention and show you the front yard "stake out" or Grace's " hide"... lol
See that chair ( rocker.. makes it comfy) and a empty plastic container that
cat litter came in, for sitting lower, or a side table (convenient) lol
Just inside the garage which has about a 3 ft over hang roof gives a little
more advantage!!
Now that tree in the foreground was the home of the Kestrel!
50 ft from the garage door....and the branch hanging over my the drive way
is about 75 ft up from there ....18ft from the roadway!!
This is the tree showing the branch right in the center!!
Now just imagine cars passing by on there way to work ...I am there
in my chair with camera pointed right up there...and now they come
home from work There she is ..did she sit there all day??? Well almost : }}
Another shot of the front.....
One day I was actually sitting on the cement garage floor, and a gentlemen who
lives up the road from me turned around and came back to see if I was okay!!
He thought maybe I had falling or wasn't feeling well...I wonder why??
The whole neighborhood knows I fell and cracked my head open and ended up in the
hospital for 3 days last fall...; }
Enough of that!!
This is Dad with a late evening feeding for one of the last three to leave!!
Fly over new cut hay makes for go mousing!!
One of my favorite shots... taken with a Canon Powershot!
Some of the last shots of the 3 last to leave practicing short flights
and goofing off : } in the back yard !!
What a great experience this was for me...you see I was not actually fond of birds of prey ...
It is all part of the food chain of life !!
Ask me that question now.... : }}

that little one with the huge eyes is adorable. they're all so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteTwo visits in one day....this could become a habit :)
You are such fun Grace. I wish you were my neighbour sitting in her garage etc etc. I love eccentric people....I think you may be a little ?
Birds of prey are beautiful. Whilst my heart feels a little sad when they take juvenile birds, part of me is thrilled by the chase and catch. Natures has made me smile, made me cry and at times overwhelmed me. I always feel so honoured to be part of it all.
Once again you capture the spirits of things with your words and images.
I say goodnight my friend....it has been a long day.
I played rounders today with twenty young people......I did well for my age, no doubt I shall pay for it tomorrow :)
The Kestrel is a magnificent bird. It must be lovely to live them.
ReplyDeleteOh, you don't like Captain Beefheart, lol.
Well it has been fascinating to see how they raised their family right in front of you! Gosh...amazing--I know you are going to miss them too--but something wonderful will come along to take their place thats the beauty of LIFE.
ReplyDeleteYour patience has rewarded you with wonderful memories of these events.Thanks so much for sharing them.
ReplyDeletePhotographers are known to do some strange things,but all in the effort to get a better picture.
Wow, all the time you spend sitting/lying on the garage floor surely pays off! Your pictures are just wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt's good to know I'm not the only one who confuses the neighbors. ;) Seriously, it was very good of your neighbor to come back and check on you.
Wonderful series, Grace! Thanks for all your hours in the stake-out and for sharing with us! I hope the kestrels have long, safe, healthy lives!
ReplyDeleteHI Teresa...thanks ...my favorite!!
ReplyDeleteHi Cheryl...You think ...lol yes I think your right.. and I wish you was my neighbor!!
We could have afternoon tea in the garage..the cat litter container would work well..maybe a paper dollie to set the cups on?? : }}
Thank you so very much my friend!!
I hope your sleeping well and have no aches and pain when you wake!!
Hi Bob...thanks... Great time I had with them !!
Well some of it was a bit much!! lol
Hi Sondra...Just a thrill for me...I miss them it is so quite...except for the neighbors rooster..I will say no more on that!! lol
You never know what's next.. that's why I love it here!!
Have a good week !!
HI Ruth...thanks ever so much...yes more patience then I do with people for sure!!
I bet you know that from experiences!!lol
Hi Lois...On my road there are a lot of nice people and I'm sure that I am know as that crazy lady...,but there are lots of waves and horn toots when they see me!!
Thanks for you very nice compliment!!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHI Jain...I enjoyed those hours...even if the house is a mess lol.
ReplyDeleteI was more then happy to share..and thank you very much!!
How cool! I love kestrels! Having one so close to watch is wonderful. I would have been glued to that chair in the garage all day! LOL I do things like that all the time. Don't kittie litter buckets have a lot of great uses?? I'm working my way backwards through this story.....great shots! I love that one among the branches.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid I also fall in love with the Kestrel family and also the place in your pic. Greetings from China.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid I also fall in love with the Kestrel family and also the place in your pic. Greetings from China.
ReplyDeleteVery special shots of the Kestrel family GG, an interesting study altogether.
ReplyDeleteNot good to sit on a cement floor though.
Perhaps you could rig up some camouflage netting across the garage door and sit behind that. {:)
Hi Mary...thanks ...glued to the chair hmmm ome times I had to step out side a bit ...don't think that would have worked !
ReplyDeleteBuckets...handy for sure.
Thanks so much!!
Thank you very much and a big Hello from the US!!
Hey Roy...I thank you very much for your you kind words...
If I set a net in front of the door,you know me I would fall over or get caught up in it and it would be worse than me setting on the cement floor!! lol : }}
The things we go through for the our obsession. I did not know you hurt yourself, I hope all is okay now. What on earth were you doing to hit your head?
ReplyDeleteThe neighbors know I am off my rocker, to see my butt up in the air and face buried in the grass, they think nothing of it anymore. Its a good thing thought the man did come back to make sure you were okay.
Thank you for those great shots, I would have never known anything about this bird if you had not posted it.
Hope the bugs left you alone while you were out there and you did take some potty breaks. I know I have been all involved in a shoot and forget that I did not have a lot of time to get to a toilet, we get so carried away and forget that important info.
Now you've given all (well most) of your secrets away Grace, even the fact that your neighbors don't usually see you sitting alone in your garage, on a rocker and with a tub of cat litter & a camera for company. Maybe it was the bump on the head after all?
ReplyDeleteBut it takes one to know one they say Grace, so welcome to the club. Thanks for the Kestrel story and we all look forward to a hummer story and a new header picture.
I remember Hollywood Nights, my favourite.
ReplyDeleteHI Tammy ...lol...I passed out and don't know why or remember any thing about it...hmmmm
ReplyDeleteI am fine..no bugs..they have not been bad here at all this year..and I hated to leave to do anything ...I was sure that that would be when the best opportunity would come lol, but when nature calls..you got to go!! lol
Thanks so much for all you kind compliments..!!
Hey Phil...you make me laugh ..your are a funny guy...
I didn't give away any secrets...the neighbors close by know me pretty well I have lived here for 40 years with the same neighbors ..
I'm sure you could tell some wild stories about what you have done to get a shot!! lol
Thanks I am glad you enjoy what I did this summer!! : }}
HI Bob ...that's a good one but I like "Turn the Page" my favorite!! : }}
Sorry this is late. The photo that you id. as one of your favorites is absolutely fabulous. It has a way of capturing you and holding you, very nice. I like it a lot.
ReplyDelete