Thursday, July 7, 2011

"" In And Around The Gardens""

"Gardening is the purest of human pleasures"~~~Francis Bacon


































  Hope you enjoyed!!







PS~~ ignore read more ..
I can't seem to get rid of it!!
Any suggestion!!

30 comments:

  1. I definitely did enjoy it Grace, the flowers are all beautiful and so are your photos! Are the roses scented because I'm sure I can smell them from here ;)

    All your creatures are lovely too. I would love to have a Nuthatch in my garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, how pretty. Your images are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo-tee-full! Thank you for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are beautiful images.
    A lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fave is the bluebird...how do you get those shots/??? YOu're remarkable! Love this round of garden photos.. you must be enjoying the sunshine! Me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this walk through the beauty your eyes see. Each flower and critter are lovely in their own way

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "Birds n Blooms" are superb!! I especially love that shot of the lavender Clematis the red bokeh in the BG really makes that shot POP as they saw. Love the little WBnuthatch too he/she is a cutey!!
    You have a green thumb!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jan...The David Austin Old English roses are scented,but the hybrids hmmmm..( the first one is)
    The big fluffy light pink one is a old English...the darker pink with the wine colored clemantis is and Old Fashion that was here when I moved here 42 yr. ago..very strongly scented that must be what your smelling lol!!
    Thanks you very much for your kind words...Grace


    Hi Lois...thanks so much!!


    Hi Elaine...thanks!!


    Hi Jean...your welcome...glad you thought it was boo-tee-full!!

    Hi Andrew ...oh thank you so much!!


    Hey Tracey...I am..,but I don't think I'm ever get caught up!!
    Bluebirds are my fave to...thanks so much!!


    HI Ruth..very nice of you to say...thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has brought joy! God's many gifts to us. And you have both, skill as a photographer and appreciation for nature. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Seasons...thank you so much I really appreciate your kind words!!
    You a very welcome !!! Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful set of images.
    Those roses are absolutely lovely GG.
    Not sure about what Bacon said though.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sightings. Love your blog banner too. Hope you are enjoying summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Roy...thank you for your lovely comment...I appreciate that!!
    I guess you have to be a gardener for that one!!


    Hi J&S...hey thank you so much...how's the garden??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace. Apart from wildlife watching, Pottering about in the garden is one of the best stress busters. Loved the tour of all your flora and fauna.

    BTW .. Dad was discharged yesterday but will have to go back for more surgery fairly soon. Cheers FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Grammie G. this was a lovely tour of vlowers and critters. You certainly have a photogenic setting and now that all that snow is gone (sorry for mentioning that again) we can see the beauty in your backyard. THANKS for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You snuck up on me with some great pictures there Grace. - I like the magpie butterfly, but what have you been doing to that poor tree? - attacking it with a hammer or have you kept a family of woodpeckers a secret? Bluebirds in your garden, now I am really envious - swap you for some House Sparrows?

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful pictures Grace.
    New camera? ;-)

    That first rose is a beauty; would make a lovely greeting card.
    I like the clematis too, the way the blooms sweep up from the corner of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Frank..thanks...and for the undate on your father!


    Hi Teresa...thanks so much!!


    Hi Beatrice...you are a very funny hahaha!!
    Thanks you... and your welcome... just don't mention snow again!!


    Hi Phil..got ya!! lol
    That poor tree has a Yellow bellied sapsucker who just loves it!!
    No swaping Phil, you can keep your House Sparrows!!
    Thank so much ...I think!!


    Hi Keith.....no new camera!!
    Thanks so much for your sweet compliment..coming from you that means alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grace you havn't commented on my latest post... is all OK or is my blogger not working.
    I have had a really bad week...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photos ... you must have quite the yard. Those butterflies capitalizing on the woodpecker's work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They are beautiful images, those Roses are unique. Is it your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your garden is lovely. We have had lots of rain and are infested with those little land snails. Every morning, one more young plant is down. It's so discouraging. Cups around the bottom don't keep them out. I DON't know if they return to their nesting cavity - maybe while they are still young and being fed by a parent? I have lots of questions like that. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  23. HI Bob ...thank you so much ..and yes it is my gardens!!!

    Hi Karen Thanks very much!!
    Gardening is dicouraging at times...I have those little snails ...there shell is soft and I crush them...I'm not sure if the go of the plant to the ground at night or not, because I alway see them on the plants!
    They are a pain especially in a wet period!!
    Good luck with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cicero...That tree has a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker( Woodpecker family) in love with it hahaha!!
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my...what a gorgeous place to live and what a great post! Not sure which I liked better...the flowers or the birds and critters! You live in paradise (even if it is hot at the moment:-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooh Grace....gorgeous gorgeous, lovely lovely.
    You do have some very pretty flowers. Love your roses....do they have a perfume?
    It is a lovely time of year....the gardens full of flowers and wildlife.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is my second visit because I forgot to tell you how much I like your header!! It's gorgeous! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  28. HI Mary...I am terrible a going to look a back post to see comments!!
    I love it here and will hate to leave if I ever have to for one reason or another...living alone and getting older are not a good combination!!
    I have wonderful photo opportunities al around me ...
    Thank you so very much!!


    Hi Cheryl...it is a lovely time of year...wish it would last longer!!
    Thank you you are to kind...some of the roses have smell especially the David Austin old english ones do..the hybrids less!!


    HI Kerri....thanks you!!

    ReplyDelete