Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Sorely Missed"

Mona!!
This week did no start out so great for me!!
On Monday my faithful four legged  friend " Mona" whom I loved with all my heart, and who loved me unconditionally past away.   She was 19 years old .   She came to my door on a cold October night 18 years ago!! 

Wasn't able after a week to find any information on where and how she ended up at my door, so she became part of the family !  She needed someone to care for her and I needed a distraction at the time ,as I was dealing with a bad health issue  I have always said that God sent her to me...she more than payed me back with all these years of comfort and joy... She left a big void in this home..I will miss her!!  Just me and Mandy ( my cat that's on my sidebar) hanging out here!!


Places to nap ...if your a cat!!







Even the fake snow in the Christmas village wasn't of limits!!




 Missed!

Perhaps you don't understand, and have the same feeling I do about pets,but this is helping me to
work through this at this time !!
Want you all to know if I haven't visited your blog this week I will be back....just need a day or two , and I have a 2 part post just about ready to go, just need to get back to it!

20 comments:

  1. My dear Grace what sad news...
    Cats are wonderful to have around.
    I will share memories (sometime) of my best friend Billy whom I still miss and talk to even though even though I lost him in 2006... lovely memories and I am sure Mona has plenty of those for you to recall..
    Take care Grace I am thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for you, 19 years was a long time. I hope that things will open up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, we both understand your loss as both Grenville and myself were feline owners or vice versa. Our condolences on the loss of your friend, Mona.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soo sorry for your loss. It is hard loosing a memeber of the family !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grace, Mona was a family member. Your grief is shared by many, including me! You were both blessed! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, Mona was a family member. Your grief is shared by many, including me! You were both blessed! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please take all the time you need, I am sure we all understand. GOD does send precious fur and feathered babies our was just when we need tangible love. I had 4 all from the same litter that lived to be 17-18 years, one by one in the span of 18 months I had to let them go be with the lord.

    I can tell she was spoiled rotten, she had the run of the house and what an angel face. These fur balls bring so much joy into our lives and when I look back I no longer tear up but have fond memories that make me smile. It may take awhile for you to get to that point but it will come. Oh and, Fake snow was a big part of our house too.

    I know that many vets tell you to go out and get a new member, this will help the grieving process for both you (the other cat), they know and feel the loss too.

    I so feel your pain and pray the lord will send you comfort....maybe a new sweet member that needs lovein' Hum?

    God bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i am so sorry. pets are like 'kids' and after 18 yrs of sharing life together, the heartbreak that comes with their passing is just like losing a family member. she was beautiful. thank goodness she landed on your doorstep...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear this. I do understand. I have 2 cats of my own right now and a dog also, though the dog is my husband's. Dawn Fine just lost her cat a few weeks ago and is still getting over her grief. I know you will find your way to happy again but for now let yourself grieve this loss and surround yourself with the memories of all the love she gave you. ~Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, My condolences to you about your cat Mona, I totally understand! we have experienced heartbreak over the loss of a dearly loved cat before and it isn't easy, but all of those cherished memories you have will make the acceptance of it easier as time passes. Best wishes. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. You gave me some kind words not long ago when I lost Harry my beloved Labrador and although we don't really know each other it helped to know that a stranger took time and effort to leave a comment. Glad Mona found you when she did, (two sweet ladies indeed). Thankyou...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you had this friend when you needed it the most.Now you have the beautiful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH Grace so sorry to hear this news I know it is a difficult thing to go through have been in this same situation more than a few times..SHE was a lovely cat and I can see she had a wonderful comfortable life--YOU were a good friend to her as she was to you.
    (((HUG)))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, sorry to hear of your loss...my thoughts are with you. I know how I would feel if I lost my "Bully Boy". he's 20 and part of the family so much..he's spoiled!! Miss seeing you and hoping all is going well.. take care my friend..hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you my good blogger friends so much for all your sweet and kind words of comfort, its very kind of you all!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Grace, it is not possible for any of us to feel exactly as you do. Only you know the relationship you built with Mona over 19 years. Still, the love and care you gave her is obviously seen through your words and pictures. It is a sad loss. I am very sorry...and sorry for being late.

    Please, if you so choose, keep Mona on the sidebar of your blog. She will be remembered.

    Take care, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beauty Mona was. 18 years of comfort and companionship ... can not help but leave a huge gap. What would we do without our animals? Well unfortunately you are finding out. Hugs to you and purrrrrs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I left a comment but think it got lost. I'm sorry for your loss. Mona is a beautiful kitty. 18 years is a lot of years! I have two that are 16 now and I know how much I will miss them when they die. It's hard to lose a much loved pet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Mary...I knew anyway that you would care being a kitty person yourself...
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete