Todays post "Junior gets brave and takes the plunge"
"Look out below"
"Whew"I did it!!
I will spare you all the photos. : } I took of him making his way out on to the
outer branches where he sat and flapped his wings and squawked until lunch was served!!
Lunch was a mouse..it was a little more than junior could handle on a branch so
he did a free fall right into the middle of the roadway without letting go of it!!
I jumped up quick and ran out before any cars came and he hopped and
dragged lunch with him to the edge ..Whew..it was a close call!!
He soon hopped of onto the neighbors lawn ...and like a Grandmother
with her first Grandchild I couldn't help clicking away at the cutie!!
I have a ton more!! : }}
He made it off into near by trees and the parents at this point where busy feeding two out of the nest!
One in a cedar in back of my house and one on the other side of the road in a pine tree...you wouldn't
believe shrill vocal squawking of these little guys and the parents talking to them!!
Like in Part 1 the take one tissue from the box and up pops another thing happened !!
Two more in the hole before days end, but these two will have no photos for the family album....
You see the photographer put the card in the computer..was on in a hurry to get her work done ..came back thinking all is done ... took out the card ..put it back in the camera ...pushed delete all ...went to check the photos ...ooops none??? ..forgot to click "import": {
Lesson learned!!
Part 3 tomorrow
more babies????

I am really enjoying this ongoing series of posts on the Kestrel family. The pictures and narration are very enjoyable. Thank you for sharing, and I hope (you keep saving pictures) and sharing them like this with us.
ReplyDeleteThat's great, so much, I WOULD HAVE GIVEN MY MOUSE. Not bad, since I'm a vege.
ReplyDeleteGreat work, Grace (as always)! They are beauties.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful post Grace... and lovely images of a beautiful bird.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the next in the series.
This is a great series with some super shots GG.
ReplyDeletethese babies are just beautiful! sorry you lost some photos!
ReplyDeleteHi Seasons...Thank you for you kind words...I have enjoy sharing!!
ReplyDeleteHi Bob..thanks you..you are great!!
Hi Jeannie...Aww you are to nice !!
Thank you!!
Hi Andrew...Thanks so much...happy you are enjoying !!
Hey Roy..thank you ..I appreciate that!!
Hi Teresa..thank you..I miss the little guys...I am happy to have the photos I have!!
Excellent pictures.
ReplyDeleteGrammie, these are terrific photos. A fine series of kestrels. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteHi Ruth...thank you!!
ReplyDeleteHi Larry...Thanks.. happy to share !!
Glad I found your blog....wonderful pictures of wonderful birds.
ReplyDeleteWe really enjoyed this series, Grace, and look forward to more photos. Yes, it is like being a proud grandmother and nothing wrong with that!
ReplyDeleteHI Adrian...thanks so much !!
ReplyDeleteLikewise!!
Hi Beatrice.....Thanks you two...I am going to have to get some work done now ...no excuses lol
Boy you were busy with that camera and i don;t blame you Grace - nice pictures and story. Now get baking for when I pop round next week.
ReplyDeleteHey Phil...I told you so.. and all the time you thought I was being a slouch!!
ReplyDeleteThanks...now believe me the next time!!
What kind of cookies do you like??? hahahaha!!
Aww these shots are terrific!! what a joy and thrill this must be to have them so close by--Im still hoping for my good shot of one.
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I love these! I'm so glad that you took hundreds of shots!
ReplyDeleteHi Mary...oh I deleted so many...it was crazy...just couldn't stop clicking!! Thanks!
ReplyDelete