Monday, July 18, 2011

"From The Gardens"~~~

We are all ready entering the last two weeks in July and I have figured I am not going to ever catch up ...so things will be done in whatever manner or fashion they do!!
It has been and still is very hot and the last few days has also been humid..not the kind of working in the garden days,but have been doing what I can !!
Plants are thriving and doing well after a slow start...it seems now time is fleeting, and I so hate to see it go by so quickly...,but..Time stops for no man!!
Here are some of whats is  bloom!!




I love these Poppies...they are a annual,but there seeds get strewn
about and come up in my gardens  and around the yard!!
Lovely shades of pinks, purples,double and single blooms!!




One of the last big pushes of Clematis blooms until some cooler weather!!



Lavender with a Skipper of some sort I believe!!



Achillea ...(common name Yarrow)!!



Probably one of most of our Grandmother's favorites !!
The  Orange Daylily!


My little Lavender Girl statue!!



Oriental Lily ..Stargazer?




My Bashful Angel statue...
In the rose garden!!


Daylilies, and Oriental Lilies!!
Poppies who just invited themselves!!


Northern Catalpa Tree blossoms!!
A lady who has long past away, gave me this tree
when it was only a foot tall...I'm going to guess about 39 years ago!!
They don't do well here,but she had one in her garden,and started some from
seed and gave it to me!!
It now towers over my two story garage, and is covered with blooms
like this from top to bottom every year!!


No~~ this isn't a fountain birdbath..



It's a bird taking a bath!! : }
(A Robin)




Floribunda Rose ...Hot Cocoa
I didn't name it ,but as it fades it does get that color!! : }

I believe these are Cedar Waxwings,
and they acted like some where young ones!!
The are smaller in size and appear to be more of the Cedar
than Bohemian colors!!

Somebody will set me sraight on that ...for sure ... ; }  : }}

27 comments:

  1. oh my, these are all so beautiful. i love the 'english cottage' style of your garden. just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wow! Just beautiful, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the walk through your delightful flower beds.That Robin is really getting into this bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful garden! Thank you for sharing all those beautiful images. So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Teresa..I love to show it to people and this is a great way to do it ...glad you liked!!

    Hi Jean...thank you very much!!


    Hi Ruth...lol yes that Robin loves his bath..it's a popular place!!
    Thank you.. glad you enjoy coming along!!

    Hi Lois...Thank you...happy to share!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Grace,

    Your garden is so beautiful....some of the colour combinations are wonderful. I have taken an imaginary stroll around it, stopping to smell the roses en rounte.

    The cherubs are lovely and add a wonderful sense of serenity to your space.

    Tku for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No need to go on holiday with all that loveliness on your doorstep, particularly like the camouflaged bird bath Grammie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden stroll was most delightful. That first picture, as well as a few of the others, would make beautiful cards!! Send some of that warm weather up my way, please! Our wild strawberries are in fruit and the cedar waxwings have been around here, too, foraging for a tasty treat! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have an amazing nursery, all of your own. Wow! These pictures and the abundance of flora and birds you have...only few can have. A real blessing, Grace. We do look forward to your posts with these lively pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Debbie...I think thats pretty cool to...and so do the birds as long as I keep cool water in it ..lol Amazing how hot that water can get in thosae baths!!
    Hey thanks...come and visit sometime...do you know how to swim!!lol

    Hi Karen...gosh thanks thats real nice of you to say!!
    I would send you some heat but I don't think the winds are blowing your way right now lol
    Ooooh wild strawberry oh my I love them ...my Mom made wild strawberry jam every year and lots of it ...of coursemy sister and I had to help pick them!! : }}


    Hi Seasons...that is very lovely of you to say.
    I do believe I am very blessed and always amused by things around me!!
    Hope you week is going well..
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed at your photos, so lovely and what a place to have fellowship with the lord in all his beauty.

    I LOVE the photo of the auto fountain created by the bird.

    YOUR poppies, so lovely with their paper thin petals.

    Thank you for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for you lovely comment....yes I have hired that Robin for the summer to keep that fountain running lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WONDERFUL! HOW THE WHOLE PICTURE and BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Special! I love the statuette standing among the Lavender flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow GG,such beautiful images, thanks for posting these. What a treat to see them.

    PS> you will soon be complaining about the snow again though.{:))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Bob...thank you so much!! : }

    Hey Roy... thank you very much for your lovely comment....happy it was a treat for you!! : }}

    PS no different then you complaining about the weather!! : D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely images Grace you really do have a wonderful garden... my favourite has to be the Lavender Girl she is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Andrew..thanks that is very kind of you to say....
    I do like my gardening, but sometimes very overwhelming!!
    Hope you week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Isn't the summer zipping by though!

    Wet up here but the garden seems to be growing anyway.

    Love your statues - the lavender girl and the little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A lovely profusion of colourful blooms .. great combinations and a tribute to your green fingers Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely garden you have Grace; beautiful pictures to show it off too.
    The Lavender Girl is a lovely picture. Would make an excellent greetings card.
    Love the angle on the clematis too.
    I'd say you're right with the Cedar Waxwings ID.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Cicero..thank you very much!!
    Yes it sure has..way to fast!!
    Garden goodies hmmmmm!!


    Hi Frank...lol right now they are they are many shades of brown and green...been weeding all day and hate gloves!!
    Thanks for kind words!!


    Hi Keith...I know I told you terns,but for some reason it posted by was not showing up on readers lists so no one could see it grrr!! Got figure that out!!
    Thanks so very much.. I appreciate you kind words, and confirming my birds ID!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grammie G, you do have lots of green fingers - more than just thumbs - and a knack for photographing your blooms to their prettiest advantage for all of us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I LOVE the girl in the lavender!!
    What beauty you share with us, dear Grace!
    Thanks so much!
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Trish ...oh my friend you are so welcome!! : }
    Thank you so much!!
    ♥ Grace

    ReplyDelete
  26. Grannie g, I love the lavender girl photo and you are right about the waxwings. The bohemian kind would have cinnamon under their tails, also called "under-tail coverts" and I believe they are much farther north in the summer. You are more likely to see them in the fall and winter. I have never seen one myself, so if one shows up in your yard, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi B...didn,t notice you comment before Sorry: {
    Thanks ...most of the time they are brown finger and maybe my thumb stays green lol !


    Hi Katie...thanks you...I usually see the Bohemian's sometime in the winter month for a short time...I'll let you know and you can come up for a few days to observe lol!!

    ReplyDelete