It is about time I got back on the road again,after that bumpy spot in the road, which is taken care of , but one never knows when dealing with cyberspace !! When I did the first post on the Orr'sand Bailey's Island I neglected to place part I in the title, so now of course this is part II ( I bet you guessed that ; ) !!
I don't know how many parts there will be , but the Mockingbird post helped shorten the trip : ) sure there will be enough to bore you , so don't say you weren't warned!! ; )
I don't know how many parts there will be , but the Mockingbird post helped shorten the trip : ) sure there will be enough to bore you , so don't say you weren't warned!! ; )
We left the bridge area with this last look at a line of "barely water-worthy looking boats
most likely belonging to lobster men to get to there moored Lobster boats in the harbor!
Trucking on , and yes I mean that literally as my daughter
is a pickup girl..."no not that kind either"; )!!
She loves her 4 door crew cab Toyota Tundra...it's a nice ride!! : )
Modest homes,and summer homes along the way,and a at on time lovely little home setting near the waters edge overlooking the bay...very sad looking now : (
Loved this one because I liked the rounded shingles, : }!!
Do you see the shape of a cross on the back wall!!
""My overactive imagination ??""
Next stop Mackerel Cove
This is just one tiny little corner of it , with lobster boats looking a little idle!!
Took this through the window of the moving vehicle so not great !t
Came upon this area that seemed to be a public landing with a parking area so we got out here
and walked around!!
It was " Colder then Blue Blazes" !!
I have been saying that all my life , so I Goggled it..it was there to my surprise
along with some I won't mention here
that my son-in-law uses!! : ))
I don't know why,but I liked these boats tied here!!
There was a rope swing so the Grandson had to try it out , I was hoping that
the rope was safe "Yikes"!!
I didn't notice until I downloaded and had a good look at these that he hasn't got any
socks on, but has his gloves Hahaha .."love that kid"!!
The daughter and, I of course had to check the beach out for sea glass, she found
two green pieces, but wouldn't share "Brat"!!
Hmmm. just noticed she has her glasses on..she only needs them to drive!!
Do you see things like I do other them the subject itself ?
"Drives me crazy",but you can't say I'm not observant !!
"This ones for Debbie at It's All About Purple
This one really got me "darn"!!
When I looked closely at the photo there was a green piece in that very pile of shells, and
I didn't see it! : ( !! Wish I had been more observant then!!
Over a foot deep the shells are on this beach !!
Who knows what sea glass lurk's below, but it was to darn cold to look! Grrr
My art piece I cropped out of one of the shots lol!!
I find sea shell so fascinating...how about you !!
I know very long , but I have to get this trip over ; ) !!
6.jpg)
i like the boats tied up, too. and your cute grandson swinging.
ReplyDeleteloved the sea glass (that you missed while in person but caught in your photos...) :)
Beautiful! All those sea shells look fascinating to me.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me want to go out to Bailey and Orr's Islands and do some serious exploring...if it ever warms up, that is.
ReplyDeleteI am far too old to be tempted by innuendo. Pickups...Rides. Maybe the flesh is stronger than I thought. Daughter looks fine.
ReplyDeleteA great set of pictures.
Grace, this place is awesome for photos. So many photo opp's. Love the shot with colorful old boats. And the shot of your Grandson and since you mentioned it, I see he does not have socks on. My favorites are the seashell photos. I see the green seaglass and a piece of white clear glass also. I know Debbie and she would not have missed these pieces. Thanks for sharing your day, have a great evening!
ReplyDeleteI knkow it's cold, but I'm getting homesick!!
ReplyDeleteYour posts and photos never bore me ! It's like taking a trip to some where I may never get to otherwise and I thank you for that . Part of why I love blogging so much I can travel the world with in the comfort of my home , now that's first class hehe ! Fantastic post and photos . What a lovely looking place , it's a shame about those buildings cause I see potential in them , hope some one else does eventually ! Thanks for taking us with you I enjoyed the trip ! Have a good evening !
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking me along on your trip. I do like the photos of the sea shells!!!
ReplyDeleteoooohhhhh grace, you have beautiful shells there also, how in the world do you leave them behind?!
ReplyDeleteThat was a big piece of green glass you missed, I would not have, no matter the temperature! There is a piece of white (it may be a lil sharp) in the second to last picture!!
How cool that you thought of me!!
Lovely trip you had! Love the photos of the shells on the beach!
ReplyDeleteAmazing number of shells. Some I haven't seen before in Maine
ReplyDeleteYou had a nice day out, kids without socks, and daughter with her glasses. And all those mussel shells, there must a million of them, lol.
ReplyDeleteWell I have really enjoyed tagging along with you on your trip...Your grandson is a cutie and looked like he was really enjoying the rope....You know boys will be boys...
ReplyDeleteI can believe all those shells on the beach. I know it must be hard to leave so many behind....
So glad you had a wonderful day with your daughter and grandson....
What a beautiful place, very nice shots. I need to make a long visit to the ocean soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...Ya he is a keeper : )
ReplyDeleteThanks Ruth...: )
Thanks Jean...I heard that it is a bit smelly in summer what with the bait fish!! ; )
Thanks Adrian.. : )
Thanks Eileen... I should have found that darn , yes Debbie would have!!
Thanks Karen...Awww : ( soon enough! : )
Thanks Elaine...Yes I feel the same way...love seeing all the places too!
Thanks Muffy...: )
Thanks Debbie...Aww who could forget you, and how crazy you are about sea glass : )
Thanks Elaine...: )
Thanks John .. : )
Thanks Bob... : )
Thanks Nancy ...he is all boy and he is real special...: )