It seemed for awhile that so many where posting there sighting of the Bohemian Waxwings I was feeling like I was being left out : ( not that I haven't seen them before, because I have posted my photos of them for the past three years..(I'd have to check!!
A sighting of them was the last thing I had on my mind when I extended my walk beyond the usual distance!
As I passed by a thicket of rambling wild rose bushes I was hearing birds ,but couldn't for a minute figure out where the sound was coming from and what bird it was!!
It suddenly came to me "I know that chering sound!!
Sure enough there deep inside the twisted branches of the rose bushes was the Waxwings, devouring rose hips!! If you need a tree stripped of it's fruit there the bird you need! ; )
I wasn't 10 ft away from, them had snapped a few shot's and a loud vehicle came whizzing by ( just in case you are wondering, I walk on the road I live on ) , and they flew of : (!!
I walked on with my eyes seaching for another sight of them! I had just about giving up seeing them when out of nowhere they flew down in a tree next to where I was!!
The great attraction wasn't me,but the Bitter Sweet vine with dried berries on it! I don't think they even know I was there at times so close that I had to back away enough to take the photo's because I had only a long lens with me!!
So enough rambling here are some of the many, many, and many more I have !!! ; )
Bohemian Waxwing!!
When I looked through "allllll"of them there where very few that he was back to me to get
those beautiful back feather colors!!
Not a great shot, but would have been cute if it was not blurred!! "Darn branches" ; )
He is such a beautiful bird and I am so glad you heard him singing and were able to find him among all these branches.....
ReplyDeleteThese are really awesome shots...
Nice series of Bohemian Waxwing, a beautiful bird.
ReplyDeleteOttar
Lucky you. I've never seen one.
ReplyDeleteI wonder how they got to your side of the Atlantic?
Beautiful birds and great to have them close to where you were walking. That is not a bird that I would ever see down here.
ReplyDeletejust marvelous!!! love their dark rusty tails!
ReplyDeleteThey are wonderful shots, such a cute little bird.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos!
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos ! They are so pretty ! I am waiting for our Waxwings to come back they should be here in a week or two ! Oh I see all the buds on the tree there to . Lovely . Thanks for sharing ! Have a good evening !
ReplyDeletehandsome birds; look so sharp! Isn't that just your luck they come SO close and you've only got the long lens. You picked up great shots though; thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, They're certainly stunning birds, aren't they? They were so desperate to have their photo taken that they came and posed just for you. Is that jammy or what? I'm not even a little
ReplyDeleteenvious...no!...really!...I'm not!!!
You got some good images, has the camera cooled down yet?...[;o)
I love these birds, Bob Bushell was good enough to tell me where some were close to where we live and i got to see them. You have taken them well.
ReplyDeletepeter
How lucky you were to see this beautiful birds! Very nice photos!
ReplyDeleteI have never seen this bird!
Greetings Pia
Grace, they are beautiful birds. I would love to add the Bohemian Waxwings to my life list. Are they rare to see there, if you have not seen them for 3 years? Beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like I may have to brave the snow and come visit you next winter because I have never seen this bird species! What a treat!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing opportunity you had. The pictures are stunning.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous bird! Terrific shots!
ReplyDeleteThese are wonderful looking birds. You are fortunate to have them. Someday I hope to see one in real life.
ReplyDeleteI love waxwings (actually have never seen the Bohemian, but the Cedars are one of my all-time favorite sightings. Thanks for sharing -- you got some great shots...
ReplyDeleteSimply beautiful! Thank you for sharing your birds.
ReplyDeleteIt's been a long time since I've seen a Bohemian Waxwing.
Fantastic series!! Don't you just love it when you are handed one of these golden opportunities where everything comes together just right? It makes up for all those days where nothing seems to work, and it's what keeps us going out with our cameras again and again.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant Waxwings Grace, I love their socks off, lol.
ReplyDeleteits a cracking bird, and as you say,, those darn branches get everywhere... ruined many a good image for me too
ReplyDeleteLovely post though
Dave
Great birds - I saw wax-wings in the UK, but never got any pictures. That was a long time ago!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures and a good reason to just pop outside to see what's about.
Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne
Some really lovely Waxwing images GG.
ReplyDeleteWell you have been busy - down on the beach, looking for treasure, taking pictures of mockingbirds and now lots of waxwings. No time for washing the pots up there then, just too busy having fun. Now don't go trying to swing on that rope Grace, you will just do your back in and we'll all have to come and bring you grapes when you're laid up in bed. Wow those Waxwings were close though, good shots.
ReplyDeleteOh these are just wonderful shots. If only I could see them with this kind of light... Thanks for your kind message on my blog, and I'm happy that you liked the family picture... And concerning my grey beard, not to worry, although I'm definitively getting older, I had grey hear when I was 25!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done Grace! You got sone great captures. I really envy you being able to see them at such close range.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of these fun guys!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteGreat sightings Grace, I'd say the light is just about perfect.
ReplyDeleteYOU lucky duckling...Im so jealous! Lovely shots!!!
ReplyDeleteNice catch Grammie, a beautiful bird. Congrat!!
ReplyDeleteGreat series! Beautiful bird :)
ReplyDeleteThere you were answer at your finger tips, or in the backyard actually and you fluffed it. Oh well you know what they say about "unlucky with money, lucky with love". Anyway its very generous of you to give the others a chance and you can always ask someone to buy you the book for your birthday. Have a great Easter Grace but go easy on those choccie eggs.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful birds and photos. And I also love standing in the woods, just listening and looking around and up. It's even better if it's in a mountainside forest.
ReplyDeleteStunning, absolutely incredible images of the Waxwings, one of my most fave birds!!!
ReplyDeleteWell done on seeing the Waxwings Grace! Lovely photos of such stunning birds! I think that I will have to wait a while before I see any again!
ReplyDeleteJ
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
Beautiful shots of this bird we don't see here often, unfotunately...
ReplyDeleteWith the bluesky in the background, they really are gorgeous. A great series!
Thanks, Louise
Gorgeous! I was disappointed that my waxwings didn't show up this year and my crab apple was loaded early on. These are just so beautiful. They pose nicely, too :-)
ReplyDelete