Sunday, March 3, 2013

~~~"Fall Darn It" Fall!!~~~

Monday after the storm was a gorgeous day.  The tree limbs of the pines where still  heavy with snow, so I decided to go for a walk.    I wanted to catch a few shots of the snow cascading of the limbs,and I knew a good place to watch from the road  so of I went !!
These are some photo's I took along my walk!!

The adorable Black Capped Chickadee was in the old apple tree near the edge of the road
He struck a pose for me!!
He was chattering away as he picked through the bark...they are so sweet,and friendly!!

He seemed to be very happy with the sun shinning on him ,it was nice enough for me to be in just a 
sweatshirt with a short sleeved shirt under it!!

This was somewhat what I wanted to catch, but I wanted it from high up in the tree
making a "real impact"  when it fell  : )
I stood for at least 45 minutes by the side of the road waiting  as 
the sun beat down warm on the limbs ..I could see the limbs 
move ever soooo slowly," fall darn it fall"!! Nothing !!

With the camera pointed in the direction of the trees I missed getting a good shot of the 
Cooper Hawk that flew almost over me before I even knew he was there "darn" !

To late ..another time!!


I finally got tired of standing there, ( a few cars had passed by with there drivers straining there necks to see what  that crazy lady was looking at I guess, I wonder what they would have thought if I told them I was waiting for
 that limb to drop it's load)  haha!!  so I took this shot because I thought it was pretty, and 
moved on think maybe a better spot!!

Found Mr. House Finch taking in some sunshine!!

Then this Starling who seemed to have gotten himself in a pickle of sorts  ; }

Then this tiny nest that would have not been visible in the summer, and I could have
 passed by it many times and not known it was there!!

Well no big impact snow falling shot's, but it was a good walk anyway!!

Have a great week !!

18 comments:

  1. You may not have caught the "big" fall but certainly the one you did catch is pretty...looks like glitter falling...

    And you can never be disappointed when you capture such sweet shots of the chickadee...They are so precious.....

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots of the Chickadee GG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did catch one! laughing at the 'watched pot never boils' example. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, I love your Chickadee shots! Cool sighting of the Hawk, nice flight shots. Sounds like a great walk. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post Grace and your images are fantastic.

    Many thanks for your recent "get well soon" comments.
    Hugs Drew xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post Grace! The chickadees are always beautiful in my point of view and the one you pictured makes no exception.
    You were lucky to catch the Cooper Hawk at the last moment, I think it's a nice picture.
    Mr. Finch is nice too, I didn't see any this winter but I've seen many common redpolls, so I can't complain!
    Have a great week too my dear Grace...
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  7. You may not have gotten the falling snow,but you got a lot of great pictures of other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Nancy...: )


    Thanks Roy...He was in a perfect
    spot : )


    Thanks Teresa...Yes very true : )


    Thanks Eileen...It was a enjoyable walk just the same : )


    Thanks Andrew...your welcome : )


    Thank you Louise...glad you enjoyed this post! : )


    Thanks Ruth...Yes lot of opportunities : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a beautiful cardinal this morning in my feeder!! How gorgeous to see that bright red against the gray sky.... Hope your doing well, and know you are loved and missed!!
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Chickadee shots and the snow falling is very cool. I can imagine what it would look like from higher up. Good luck getting your shot on another outing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. it was a great walk grace and you really captured some amazing images!!

    my favorite was the tiny little nest, so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace...great set of images from your snowy walk, I love the cascading snow shot, shame you didn't get a chance to take some more...did you try stamping your feet or jumping up and down?...that nest looks almost like it's been finished off with a nice little bow...cute!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey my Little Chickadeedee, you know it always happens to me too Grace, finding the nest too late. Those darned birds are just a lot smarter than we give them credit for. Even when taking a picture they have a beady eye on you making sure you are not a bad old predator ready to gobble them up. Bad luck with the perfect snow shot but keep your fingers crossed it will snow again sooner or later, especially in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your walk made for some lovely photographs to share with us; I love the little chickadee, and yes doesn't that just kind of irritate a little when you glance up and see a shot you would've longed to have gotten just that moment too late?!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had a lovely walk, and I like the falling snow shot that you did get. I know how you feel though--the one in your mind is always better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have presented a gorgeous series of birds and snow scenes as well, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic photos ! All is showing signs of spring here . Buds on the trees and bushes , Maple sirup is flowing and the birds are singing their spring time songs and critters are out and about ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love those little chickadees! You got some great shots of all the birds out in the wild. Seems like all I take are feeder shots right now. Cool idea to try to get the snow falling. Love the hawk!

    ReplyDelete