Wednesday, March 20, 2013

~~~Northern Mockingbird~~~

When I posted my last post it was to be Part l of Orr's and Bailey's Island post continuing to a  Part ll  "which I failed to mention"!!
Well since then I hit a big bump in the road ,and the trip came to a stop !!
I had to put the brakes on, and deal with a robot that hacked my yahoo mail and sent a email to 10 of my  contacts !!   If you are one who received one I am so truly SORRY and hope you saw the error and didn't open it  !!  They all came back Daemon mail failures, but I know something was receive because I had contact with some that got one!!
I have printed of all my contacts, and deleted then from my mailing list!!
My passwords ,have all been changed , twice in fact on some because I couldn't find the paper I put them on so couldn't remember them..."some days" !!!
So back to posting !!  Since it is "Wild Bird Wednesday" time I am going to use a bird we saw while on are Island hopping trip : }
We where checking out some little streets, and ended up at the waters edge!!  There wasn't even room to turn around , so when my daughter turned her head to back up, she said "Mom" look right beside you !! There was this big bush of blue berries (which I would like to know what they are), and there all puffed up was the Northern Mockingbird  not looking to alert, he had either been sleeping or just cold or both!
I got the camera up, pointed through the window, and darn I had the long lens on so took this one, (that is a little fuzzy) then switched lenses !!

Northern Mockingbird ; braving out the winter at the coast!!

He started to get more alert, when we opened the window !
It is tricky taking photos from a car while it is running ! 

Now he is probably thinking those people are going to scare me from my spot!

He got himself turned around, and off he went !!




23 comments:

  1. You got some great shots Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of photos! Always nice to have a gift like that.

    Hopefully your computer woes are over! The hackers are getting more sophisticated all the time and you really have to be alert.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - and now I know what a Mockingbird looks like! We certainly don't have them here in Australia. I hope you sort out all your computer and hacker problems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace, cute shots of the Mocker! He posed nicely for you. Sorry about the hackers and your email. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be a shame not to comment on a Mocking BIrd!

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace, You took full advantage of this chance encounter and managed to get some great images....even if you did ruin the poor bird's nap!...lol

    I hope you've got the computer/hacker problem sorted now and it's all running smoothly again?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. In its own way, quite a nice coloured bird amongst the berries GG.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice find!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like those blue berries, too, but don't know what they are. nice mocker. love these guys and gals. :)

    sorry about the email hack. i've seen that happen to lots of folks w/ yahoo accounts. a lot. one this week said she was contemplating switching to gmail...

    ReplyDelete
  10. TexWisGirl said the very thing I planned on writing. I have a yahoo e-mail account I use only for eBay and Craiglist for one never knows who you deal with there. For my personal e-mail and the blog I use a G-mail account.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My Yahoo mail was hacked too and I had to change my password plus I deleted all my contacts there. Fortunately, I didn't have many contacts on yahoo and most of them were obsolete.

    That mockingbird looks a little sleepy ... or are those berries a little alcoholic?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's one chilled bird!! Great shots, esp. taken from the car. When I attempt it, I get blurry pictures. Hijackers, hijackers, like there aren't better things to do??

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bird arrived here amid the food dish, nice photos-

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
  14. THis guy reminds me of my little orphan MILO the Mockingbird...I think of him every single day..
    Sorry about the hack...what a pain that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You caught him/her after all, beautiful Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet little bird Grace, I'm not sure I've seen that one on blogs before. You got some great photos of it!

    Glad you are getting the hack sorted. I didn't open the attachment on yours but did on the one from the other blogger I mentioned. Luckily I think being on my Ipad protected me because everything is done from within secure apps. Theresa's idea of using Gmail is a very good one. I use it with no problems, it's easy to set up and Google are very, very hot on security.

    ReplyDelete
  17. To all who commented sorry so late in response!!
    Thanks You Denise>. : )

    Thanks Elaine.. : )


    Thanks Mick...now you know yes : )

    Thanks Elaine...: )

    Thanks Stewart..: )

    Thanks Trevor.. He sure was a surprise, and we surprised him!!: )


    Thanks Roy...ya the blue added a lot to the dullness of the season!! : )

    Thanks Teresa... Birds of great character they are !! : )


    Thanks John...I have been looking into all those things!!: )


    Thanks Elaine...lol perhaps they are : )


    Thanks Karen ...Ya it was very chilly.. : )


    Thanks Ottar.. :)

    Thanks Sondra...Yes I forgot you had your buddy for awhile :(!!


    Thanks Neil..: )


    Thanks Bob...: )


    Thanks Jan.... I don't know what to think on this whole thing, but all is well right now!!
    Very strange thing I found by going to my stats, and audience a entry referring url that I just though was different clicked on it and low,and behold very odd thing going on, just can't explain it,but very suspicious, it showed my email and my password ( in dots of course) after I changed my password it comes up as page not found!! So hopefully fingers crossed!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  18. i always wonder, don't people have anything better to do?? the hubs got hacked twice, both times it sent viagra adds to all his contacts!!

    beautiful images grace, the berries are so beautiful. the leaves will be coming soon and these pictures will become impossible!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The mockingbird in your neck of the woods looks a little smaller than ones I'veseen in these parts, Grace. Always N interesting bird to watch, but none come to the feeders.
    Yahoo mail is definitely the one that gets hacked a lot Nd it happened to me too a month ago. Deleted any contacts Nd then deleted the account. Hope all works out OK for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Grammie G, thanks for stopping by my springtime post!! You may not quilt/sew, but I bet you are a great cook!! I don't have the knack for cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like mockingbirds. I've been seeing them everywhere, as they fly across the road in front of us guarding their territory. This one looks so lovely in those blue berries. Great photos! Sorry about all the email problems. It is such a pain when someone does that.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi there - me again - glad you managed to pop over to my other blog - and even more glad that you liked it - as you may guess it takes a bit of work!

    Cheers

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete