Wednesday, July 31, 2013

~~~Bluebird in the Bath~~~


During those extreme hot day's a week ago I could hardly keep the bird bath's filled, but the Bluebird managed to have enough to have a dip and a splash!!
I was setting here at my computer when I saw two of them, and of course when I reached for the camera one must have seen me , and flew of !!


This one remained !!
You can tell he looks a little leery,but after a few seconds he went for it!! 

Oh feels so good!!



On of the cutest things to watch is a bird in the bird bath, don't you agree!!
"Splish-splash I was taking a bath"!!


29 comments:

  1. Beautiful and very welcome for the birds in the heat! Don't you just love the exuberant way they splash?? I enjoy watching the birds bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Gramme Wow! That looks reflreshing and great shots of it. I rmember that song, shows how old I am!!! By the way, the photos or my screen adn others are OK so I am not sure what is happening to your computer. If I had your email I would send you the 2 photos but I cannot se it on your blog. Mine is under my profile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful series of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do love to watch them enjoy themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos ! The Bluebirds here have just begun to get used to landing in our yard , I would love to capture one bathing in our bird bath fountain ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Grammy. Long time no speak, things have been very hectic this year and have'nt had time to blog much. Been made redundant after 27 years but alas have the mortgage to pay so must find something quick as poss. Hope you are in fine fettle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bluebirds, cute shots! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so true...Lovely shots Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the enthusiasm they have while bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great images - that bird is such a deep blue colour.

    Cheers and thanks for linking to WBW.

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I would love to capture that moment too. Bird watching is so relaxing and entertaining at the same time. It's one of my past times.

    I'm your new follower, I'm glad I found your blog through PomPom.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace, Glad you keep the bath filled for our small friends !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Mary.. :)

    Thanks Margaret...: )
    I have an explanation I think!

    Thanks Rebecca.. : )


    Thanks Elaine...: )


    Hey Hi there Debbie so nice to here from you!! Sorry things are not going so well!!....thanks : )


    Thanks Eileen... : )


    Thank you Sondra...: )


    Thanks Ruth ... : )


    Thanks Furry Gnome.... : )


    Thank you Stewart, and for
    hosting!! : )


    Thanks Tassel, and for becoming a follower!! : )


    Thank you Lasse ... : )



    ReplyDelete
  14. Now why would a Bluebird fly off when he spotted you Grammie G? You do yourself an injustice. If you came knocking on my door you know I would just rush there to greet you and not crouch down behind the door pretending not be at home like I do to those Jehovas.

    Looks like you had a few thunderstorms too with those big, nasty grey clouds. Don't get over excitable though and start jumping in any puddles or bird baths to join those Bluebirds.

    Good to talk again my old buddy and for both our sakes lets hope winter doesn't arrive too soon.

    Keep clickin and bloggin - you know it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! He really wanted that bath didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! The bluebirds here never use our bath for washing so it's great to see this pictures! Hope your evening is great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fellow definitely enjoying his bath!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bright, colorful bird - nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great shots of the Bluebird enjoying the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an awesome set of images!!

    i love the texture of your bird bath any the ivy/plant growing around it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A real beauty of a bird.
    Have to agree Grace, they always look like they're having fun in the bath.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pictures of the bird that washed, an unknown bird for me. Fun to watch.

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful little bird to see Grace... so lovely to see xx

    ReplyDelete