Thursday, July 4, 2013

~~~She is a Grand Old Flag~~~ Happy Fourth!!



Wishes for a wonderful day to all my American blogger friends, and families ,as we celebrate the 
Declaration of Independence of the USA 
( My neighbors flag flying proud)


A few photo's from August 2012 I never got posted that I thought would be fitting for this day!!
 My daughter , grandson and I where at Mere Point in Brunswick Me.!!
We had been visiting Woflneck Park near by !!
We was standing out on a pier when we heard a very loud roaring noise, and looking to the sky
saw the above planes in formation heading toward us!! 
My daughter remembered that she had heard about the air show that was going to be held over the weekend, and these planes, and a lot more where doing practice runs!
We got to see some of the show for free as they kept running the area!!

They went right over where we was standing (very loud "eeek's"), and I was 
able to point straight up "quickly" to get this shot!! 
(Whew..and I didn't fall over backward.  Not bad for an old Gal ! ; )

In a flash they where banking, and went straight up in the clouds!!


 These shore birds got in on the act, giving it a try , and did pretty good job of it!! 
Look at that ..."Not bad" : ) !!


Have a great time today, and be careful messing around with those 

***"""FIREWORKS"""***


19 comments:

  1. Awesome flight shots! Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll drink to that Grace. Happy 4th to everyone in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th of July. I love the Thunderbirds. Sure wish I could see them perform again sometime,it's been years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Wonderful shots of the planes in formation adn that was fun with the bird shots. Happy 4th July. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots Grace. Have a brilliant Independence Day.
    I was going to mention tea and Boston harbour but that would be churlish after all your country has done for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace...All the best for a great day.

    Super flight shots...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!

    me and the 4 dogs will be hunkered inside while neighbors (certainly) shoot off fireworks again tonight. last weekend. last night. probably this coming weekend, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Fourth!!! Love your comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Fourth GG. How are you all doing over there now without our help and guidance.{:))
    Great shots of the Thunderbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Eileen.. : )

    Thanks Phil..: )


    Thanks Adrian.. Yes this country has given you grace for a blogger
    friend ; )!!

    Thanks Trevor.. : )


    Thanks Teresa.. I hear ya there!! It feels like I am in a war
    zone !! : )

    Thanks Muffy..: )


    Thanks Roy... We are doing just fine,thanks for asking : ))


    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice. They look like little toy model airplanes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome stuff Grace! The only fireworks I saw waas the thunder n lightening!! Hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvelous photos Grace. I hope your 4th was a very happy one and have a great week.
    Denise
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Grace, just stopping in again to thank you for the sweet comments on my birthday and Gregg's retirement :)
    Hugs,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha, the bird were superb. And the rest, ah, I wish we had something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you got some awesome shots grace!!

    i missed this, so happy 4th on the 11th!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy belated 4th to you. And a nice job on the Thunderbirds photos - that's something I've seen a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated holiday greetings, time does go by sooo fast. Great seeing those planes and very in tune with the celebrations too.

    ReplyDelete