Hot hot hot, rain, rain, rain , that switches back an forth from a period of about 4 days in a row!! That has been the pattern so far this summer!
So I took these through my dirty windows and the rain!! Not great, but fun to see!!
I have been setting out suet cakes on the deck rail in the plastic container they come in so that they don't melt all over, but I have to bring them in at night!
Raccoon raids if not!! Caught one making of with a whole one so I fixed that!!
So I took these through my dirty windows and the rain!! Not great, but fun to see!!
I have been setting out suet cakes on the deck rail in the plastic container they come in so that they don't melt all over, but I have to bring them in at night!
Raccoon raids if not!! Caught one making of with a whole one so I fixed that!!
I have been watching the Downy Woodpecker's come in with there young for the suet!
Here is Dad feeding Sissy!!
And Mom feeding Junior
Junior is looking like he has had enough suet, by his size ; )
But he still is getting stuffed by Mom!!
Ooop's what have we here !!
Gee I'm sorry, you look hungry, but I am not your Dad !!
I'm one of your relatives ,Hairy Woodpecker is my name!!
Hey.. whose kid is this !!
He is staring right at me, and he thinks I am going to feed him !! : )
Hi Grace...It's good to see that the kids are being well fed, despite the Raccoons!!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see them. There is much entertainment to be had from feeding birds.
ReplyDeletewow sure looks like fun times for your birds with the offering suet cake; lovely series of photographs from you Grace
ReplyDeleteWonderful pictures you show here, I enjoyed the whole series.
ReplyDeleteOttar
How sweet!! We don't put suet out in the summer, but perhaps we should!! Sounds like you are living in a tropical rain forest!
ReplyDeleteoh i love these woodpeckers!! what great pic's!! i especially like the Hairy Woodpecker one...with his head tilted...and speaking to the little one! i'm so glad you were close enough to hear these birds talking!! haha!! GREAT!!
ReplyDelete(rain...heat...rain...heat...same here...)
The youngster is certainly being very well fed. From Findlay
ReplyDeleteSweet captures, I love the last shot. Just adorable! Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your changeable weather Grace. i don't like to rub it in but we are having a heat wave at the moment, almost 2 weeks of sunny warm days - wow. Those peckers are making short work of your cake mix and nice shots you got. I'm worried for the Raccoon though - what do you mean you "fixed it"?
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh, these are so cute!!! loved your 'hey, who's kid is this?' line!
ReplyDeleteAh! lovely images GG.
ReplyDeleteGreat new header as well.
Great shots, and I love your captions. Poor little gal, shown once, then left to fend for her self.
ReplyDeleteThe ups and downs of family life, brilliant photos.
ReplyDeleteIt is funny how we can go and project human thoughts and emotions upon animals. Looks just like what is going on with your captions.
ReplyDeleteThanks Trevor...: )
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrian..better then TV!! : )
Thanks Carole.. Love to watch them!!
Thanks Ottar... Glad you enjoyed!!
Thanks Karen...It does melt, but I have tried the no melt , and they don't really like it!! : )
Thanks Laura.. Lol ya I have real good hearing!! There expression are great !! : )
Thanks you Findlay...Yes I guess I do spoil them : )
Thanks Eileen.. Aren't there expression fun to read!! : )
Thanks Phil...No to worry about the Raccoon he is still out there getting into everything, just not the suet!! : )
Thanks Teresa.. Ya that's my favorite expression!! : )
Thank you Roy...Yes it is a "Ah" moment !! Had a Nuthatch with 3 babies on day, but couldn't get a shot at them!! : ))
Grace
Thank so much Muffy ...: )
Thank Bob.. So true : )
Thanks John... Yes for sure, so much fun!! : )
These images are wonderful Grace... a lovely post to read xx
ReplyDeleteGreat captures and even better commentary!
ReplyDeleteLovely clicks! really, beautiful little birds.
ReplyDeleteLove these! It's always fun to see the little ones out of the nest being taught the ropes.
ReplyDeleteWhat dirty windows, Grace? Like you we were all interested on your photo captures to care. suet cakes never attracted such a colorful gathering here, so I settle for feeders.
ReplyDeleteNice captures - you must be very patient
ReplyDeleteVery nice Grace, thanks for the comment on mine, Your woodpecker is almost the same as our Greater Spotted and they are lovely to see.
ReplyDeleteKeep at it , hope the family are all well. Regards Neil
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFantastic photos Grace, I love those baby birds.
ReplyDeletewhat a GREAT series!! lucky you for luring them in!!
ReplyDeletei'm going to hijack the suet idea!
ahhhh....I just love the little downys! however I think they might be the ones making holes in the side of my garage siding.
ReplyDelete