Saturday, January 21, 2012

~~Talking About The Weather~~

Friday morning I got up to find that the 3 inch snow fall prediction for over night had turned into 10 inches ....yes winter is active and doing well here in Maine, in fact it is snowing right now ..has been all day... the kind of snow fall that looks like the snow globe kind ...you know the glass ball with fake snow in it... turn it upside down give it a shake and turn it right side up and the snow gently falls to the bottom !  It has accumulated to ..."zilch".."zero".. "nada"...nothing!!!  I don't no how that happens!! lol

Here are a few photo's from yesterday morning !!  It turned out to be he most beautiful day with blue skies and not one cloud to be seen!! 







House Finches!!
"Yes Phil I know the feeders need topping of"  ;  }

 
 This morning House Finches again , as that snow globe snow was falling!!
I love there color in the snow!!


That red spot on the rump is so bright!!




Here are a couple of photos from last weeks crusty snow storm that sort of got lost in the file... I love the way the sunset shone a pink glow over the crust !!




Enoy your Sunday!!

36 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics, Grace, especially like the pink snow! Have a good week and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the snowfall beautifully, especially the sunset reflecting on the snow. You have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenes. The colour on the snow is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, boy, it does look cold! The house finches don't seem to mind too much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like that bird house w/ the vines all around it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your snow is so shimmery there in maine. i like the bird house also, providing some nesting material for the birds. it's very unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace,

    Beautiful captures but way too much snow for me:)

    The birds colour show true against the white background, making such lovely images.
    I love the red sky showing on the snow......just wanted to be there to see it in reality.....gorgeous.

    Have a good Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace,
    Lovely photos of some weather that I don`t think we will have in the U.K. this year, at least not where I live anyway!
    J
    Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glitzernder Schnee, sanfte Schatten und feine Farben! Grosssartige Winterimpressionen...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shots! That's the kind of snow we get, all dry and fluffy inside our snow globe....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm green with envy. I love the stuff.
    The colour in the penultimate image is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy your pictures. Snow is magic ... i like it but here in Holland: no snow this winter ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice and ccccccccccold, I do like your House Finches, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace, your photos are beautiful. Lovely snowy scenes. I love the house finches too of course. And the last two, especially the sunset are stunning. Great capture. Have a Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grace, winter has arrived and is staying for the duration!! Miss seeing you.. have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous snowy pictures!!
    i LOVE the first one....
    the birdhouse,
    with the
    high snow
    and grassy
    cap!!!!
    it really made me smile!!

    OH...and of course...the sunset!!

    happy sunday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace, we can imagine you being nice and comfy in your home and capturing these lovely images to share. No snow here, just all day rains on Sat and forecast for today. It's just as well, cause if we had snow, then Grenville would want to go outdoors and play in it. Instead, we are working on de-cluttering and wondering HOW we got so much STUFF in our house and lives. Loved the finches at the feeder and the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are awesome photos!!!! Love the one that looks like a hairy bird house.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Grace, it's lovely to be visiting again. I hope you are getting over your stomach trouble now, thank you for popping over and for your very kind comment on my post and on the previous one too.

    My goodness! You have made me feel very chilly but it does look lovely and your photos show it to perfection. We had it like that last Winter but this Winter has been generally much milder so far, unusually so at times.

    I particularly like the first and second photos and the finches are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Jain. : }

    Thanks Muffy : }


    Thanks Ruth... :}


    Thanks Karen..


    Teresa Thanks so much...



    Hi Debbie..Yes shimmery...that bird house is the one the Blue Bird take every year Thanks!!


    Cheryl...the snow isn't all that bad it cleans up the landscape and makes it more interesting for "awhile" ; } thanks

    John...thnaks ...never say never ; }

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you Han-Peter...it is a lovely snow thank you for your kind words!!


    Elaine...yes I sure you know exactly what I am talking about : }
    Relatives in Northern Maine said it was -20 degrees there this morning!!

    Adrian...leave the camper behind and jump on a plane..; }
    Plenty to go around...thanks I couldn't believe the way the color came out in that one !!

    Jedidja...thank you and for stopping by ...I didnt think we where going to have any either , but it's here...


    Hi Bob...thanks I hope you get your system working soon : }


    Thanks Eileen...thanks so very much : }



    Thanks Tracey...me to : }


    Thanks Laura... : }



    Hi B...have fun ..I know I don't want to have to do that soon!!
    Thanks...and yes I was nice and cozy!!


    Thanks Tammy..: }


    Hi Jan...glad you liked,,nice to have you back!!
    Thanks for you nice comment!!: }

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Grace that is a lot of snow...
    None here this winter but we are having very strong winds at the moment.
    Your images wre all wonderful to see... loved the garden swing..

    ReplyDelete
  23. How pretty! I just love the light on the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're certainly getting your share of the snow. I'm glad we don't have any here though.
    Lovely set of pictures Grace, and I hope you manage to keep feeding them birds.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm sorry Grace but those pictures of inches of snow on the box and your swing just made me laugh - very clever of you to shovel some on there. Now just make sure you don't forget the snow is on that swing and go and sit on it, you know how forgetful you get. Love the colour of those finches though - quite a warming colour. Stay happy Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Incredibly gorgeous, Grace. You're so lucky to have all that beautiful snow. We have zilch...a day of flurries and a day of ice.... I love the shot of the bird house...I love all them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Roy...thanks...and I bet your glad it's not there ..snow that is!!


    Hi Andrew...that's not a lot of snow ..lol it is just normal winter!! Thanks!!


    Lois thanks...I like that to!!


    Keith it is not all that bad..lol is brings the birds out, and you get used to it just like you and the rain ; } My birds will be well fed..Thanks!!


    Phil...your to much ..but you know I can give it right back at ya lol!!
    Those Finches brighten thing up!!
    Thanks!!


    Hi Kelly...Thanks so much...the bird house is my favorite too..I was surprised to see the shimmer showed up!!: }

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. See, so I'm finally not the only one to get snow ;-)
    We are getting a big snow storm this night and we had already snow yesterday! So we still have 10cm on the ground and we will get more tonight ;-) But at least it's brighter over here when it is snowing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi, it's so nice to meet you. I am enjoying your blog and all the beautiful pictures..... The ones you posted today are incredible.....

    I'll definitely be back....

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just showed Ken your bird house entwined with twigs. That's a neat idea and should make birds more comfortable using it. I'll have to try that this spring.

    You got more snow than we did, darn it. And today's drizzle hasn't helped one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  32. HOW pretty that snow is!! And the birds too...we had rain, and cold now its going to warm up again--weird weather. Love that Red glow on the crust.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Grace, that's a great set of images, winter (for you!) really has arrived! I love the colour of your House Finches, they're a pretty little bird.

    It would be nice if you could please send us just a wee bit of your snow, just enough for me to get a few photos - that's all, then you can have it all back, ta!!

    Stay safe..and warm!!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  34. some beautiful photos! I especially like that first one ... a first snowfall is so pristine and pure which you have captured wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Some very arty photos! They belong on calendars or framed. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete