I have seen the tree tops just alive with especially the Goldfinches, and House Finches, but a couple of days ago I took a few photo's of my favorites "the Chickadee" !!
The Chickadee is a tiny bird ...and the cones are a little bigger than the
top of woman's little finger !!
I think this one is doing chin-ups or acrobatic moves!
Love these little ball's of fluff!!
Busy gleaming !!
Flitting about searching for more seeds!!
The two trees came from my Mom's property in Northern Me.
When I brought then down here and planted them they where about 4ft tall !
I will go out on a limb..haha and say they probably are at least 80ft tall now !!
I had no idea then that they would be the great food source they are for the birds!
This is a photo I took this summer of a branch , and the forming of the cones !
I think look like little rose buds!! : }

SUCH cool trees! i love that the little birdies love them! how neat that you brought them from your mom's!
ReplyDeleteHow very cool! Lovely trees and food for the birds, too. Fun!
ReplyDeleteI took one look and instantly thought 'Larch', one of the few deciduous needle trees. They are such beautiful trees in summer and autumn and of course in winter covered with little chickadees for decoration.
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely lovely shots
I love your Chickadee photos, one of my favorite birds. The tree looks great in the summer and the winter.
ReplyDeleteHi! I had this post rolling around, thinking there was something familiar about it..... duh.... around here we call the trees tamaracks! I like hackmatack better tho!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of or seen such a tree. I am glad you included a summer photo. The only pine tree I ever knew that shed it's needles was our Christmas tree. What a mess after Christmas. We have fake tree now.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace,
ReplyDeleteChickadees are pretty little birds, and fairly similar to our Long Tailed Tits. They are also acrobatic. Some lovely images, I do like to see your birds.
The tree is beautiful. My mother loves pines and conifers, must come from her Scottish background. They grow in profusion there.
I have planted many here......I only have done that is deciduous and that is a swamp cypress. Perfect for this sometimes waterlogged soil :)
Tku for showing us your lovely images Grace and have a great weekend.
I always love the little Chickadees. We have Larches here too. I had got several little seedlings and planted them at our last house. I was amazed that they got so big in such a short time. I might have to look for some for this house, but as I get older I've decided I'm not planting any little trees as I want to be able to enjoy them, so I'll have to look for something bigger than a seedling.
ReplyDeleteEnergetic, little Chickadees on beautiful Hackmatacks. Enjoyed reading your style of writing photo captions. Grace, thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI never tire of seeing the pretty little chickadees in the trees!!
ReplyDeleteIF we (my mom and I) had known we'd live to see the trees we planted reach full size we would have planned a bit better, we had to take one cedar tree down because it was so close to a huge oak..Easier to take out the cedar tree, Due to when we planted both they were only inches tall...
Neat! Makes me want to plant one of these trees for my chickadees! I love all the cones and obviously so does the Chickadee. Such cute birds...I never tire of them.
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa...: }
ReplyDeleteThanks Lois..: }
Arija..a tree with many names...
Thanks : }
Denise..thanks so much! : }
Marianne...It is called that here to by some folks...thanks : }
John...you are a character lol..
Thanks : }
Hi Cheryl...these trees also like wet swampy places...yes the Chickadee does look very much like the Long Tale Tit of the UK!!
Thanks : }
Hi Elaine...Yes the other name..I think it goes by region to what they are called ...; }
I get you ..I don't plant tree anymore lol
Thanks : }
Hi Seasons...thanks so much..I always appreciate you king comments : }}
Sondra...I have been there to ..seedling always look so bare lol
Thanks ..: }
Mary they are so darn cute...and I never get tired of them either!
Thnaks : }
Chickadees are fun to watch, they can be quite entertaining. Their acrobatic antics many times amaze me. Great size comparison and photos Grace. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteGrace the last shot taken in summer with the forming pine cones is a beauty. i agree that the chickadees are really cute little birds. We get a fair amount at the feeders and they also seem to enjoy dried buds on the crepe myrtles.
ReplyDeleteWow! Grace it's wonderful to hear you planted these trees and have watched them mature over the years.
ReplyDeleteYour little garden birds are wonderful to see.
I love those trees, and it must be an angel that brings them round to you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Larry : }
ReplyDeleteAndrew thanks..I always have loved these trees...and so do the birds : }
Thanks so much Bob : }}}
Pretty shots of the chickadees and the trees. The chickadees are so cute. I love the last shot of the pine cones and branch. Great post, have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI think I said it last time you mentioned this tree Grace, I just love the name, the sort of name you have to keep saying :-)
ReplyDeleteLovely photos, your little Chickadees are lovely and cousins of our Tits of course.
The last photo is a beauty and I see what you mean about Rosebuds.
Hey Grace you must have read my mind again. I'm posting a picture of a Coal Tit, the nearest thing to a Chickadee we have, but I guess you folks over there are a bit shy about calling birds tits? if that tree is 80ft tall maybe you should get up there and lop a bit off the top now before it topples over? Have a good weekend Grace and don't forget to look in on my chickadeedee.
ReplyDelete