I don't mean to make light of these things,because I have many friends on the Eastern seaboard that I am very concerned for there safety!!
I just think that if you constantly listen to the minute by minute report that you could go bonkers!!
I try not to worry about that which I can't control, and do what I can to be ready ..uhmmm...which I do need to get to ..button down the hatches...tomorrow is when thing are supposed to start happening here!!
After getting home with finally only being able to get 4 C size batteries....and no lamp oil (why am I surprised??) the shelves are mobbed and down to bare bones...no flash lights, and cases of beer flying of the shelves into just about everybody's cart. lol Thanks goodness I don't drink beer!!
I was taking care of my purchases, which added up to more than I went for... and came home without,when a thought came into my head about the craziness it was like at Walmart ( large department store chain for those who do not know, especially if you live somewhere besides the US.)
On Thursday of this week it was raining and a large gang of Grackles ( I haven't seen any since June) descended on the feeder)....this is somewhat what it was like at Walmart , well I take that back "it was like"!!
Took these through the window , so a few weird object will appear!!
Enter Store, and immediately descending on three quarters empty battery display!!
"The overzealous shopper"
"Good grief your knocking the the display over!!"
"Hey" I was just going to grab that one!!
That's it...make a fool of yourself and fall over..just to get the last one!!
"There not getting me to help I can tell you that right now"!!
( bird on the right)
"I am so out of here"!!
"Oh Great"
"Mad mob fight going on" !!
"""SECURITY TO CHECK OUT ON ISLE #4 """
SECURITY TO ISLE #4 .... : }}
"How was your preparedness shopping"??
" Hope your weekend is safe no matter your circumstances"
Just love the crazy shopping grackles hitting Grammie G's store, arguing and fighting just like at Tesco or Asda - that's UK Walmart by the way. Only difference is we aren't expecting a little blow like you are Grace. If your weather forecasters are like ours they like to overforecast a bit, just to be on the safe side and be seen as heroes. Anyway I hope it isn't as bad as they sat right now for your sake Grace. But just stay safe and keep out of trouble if you know how! I'll be watching TV just in case you show up though.
ReplyDeleteI loved your photos and funny commentary, just what is needed with everyone worried about the hurricane. Looks like we're going to get off lightly where I live (25 miles west of DC) but are concerned for our family in Virginia Beach. Do hope everyone is okay along Irene's path.
ReplyDeleteReminds me of the Christmas Next retail sale, squabbling pushing screaming, get a life people its only stuff... Needless to say Iv'e stopped going I don't need their wares. Hope Irene is kind...
ReplyDeleteHa :) such fun Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny.
Do stay safe and well Grace. Have been watching the news here....when I heard Maine mentioned, of course you came to mind straight away.
Thinking of you......
LOL! this was perfect!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and great shots!
ReplyDeleteA little comic relief! Yes! I agree that we can go bonkers if we watch/listen constantly.
ReplyDeleteHope these birds arn't a bad omen GG, stay safe.
ReplyDeleteSee, you got everyone in a good mood. Just get a kick out of imagining you as weather forecaster. Those Grackles came just in time with their crazy antics to become part of your comical narrative. As Phil said about TV...well maybe we will see Grammie chasing away Irene on YouTube. Take care.
ReplyDeleteA brilliant post Grace... I have to admit the beer aisle may (OK would) have been my first stop. I love your images of your beautiful birds... Keep safe if the storm arrives as predicted... it may be a great experience to live through as long as the damage is limited.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, the Grackles are out of it, their mobbing is naughty, naughty. I hope that you will be ok when the big storm hits you.
ReplyDeleteHi Grace, I know what you mean about the media blowing things sometimes out of proportion and maybe stressing folks out more than needed. Makes me really glad we don't have any cable/dish provider and as a result not much TV service with only an attic-mounted antenna, but then we don't miss it at times like this. And yes folks do have a tendency to run out and overstock at the last minute. We've always had lots of candles to the point that neighbors would joke that we wanted to save on lighting bills, but who's laughing now! And lamp oil is always in our closet as we actually use the lamps all year even when there's no emergency...imagine that! Hope you stay safe too and all others in this storm's path.
ReplyDeleteBTW, the grackles and starlings also are no friends of mine and so I choose not to photograph them when they come to the feeders cause they decimate all the food the little piggies.
Hey Phil...hahaha..you are just to funny!!
ReplyDeleteThose forecaster get so excited ...it probably will be nothing but a Spring Ziffer!!
Thanks for your concern ...if you don't see me on the blog you'll know I have lost my internet service!!
Thanks my UK buddy!!
Hi Denise...thanks! I am glad you got a kick out of it!!
Glad your not in such a bad situation where you are ...
Stay safe, and hope you family will be OK!!
Grace
Hi Debbie...people are nuts...yes a Christmas sale..hahaha!!
Thanks for your concern!!
Grace!!
Hi Cheryl..thank you for your concern...and glad you got a laugh.
♥
Thanks Teresa..: }}
Thanks Pantherka..: }}
HI Lois...thanks...: }}
Hey Roy...bad omen..that wasn't nice : }}
Thanks for caring!!
Hi Seasons...perfect timing indeed..
Thanks so much ,and keep the TV tuned to Maine news LOL!!
Hi Andrew..first I have been through them before...not fun...
Thanks...I had fun with these shots,they were perfect timing!!
Thanks for your concern!!
♥ !!
HI Bob...yes they are..
ReplyDeleteThanks for your good wishes !!
Hi Beatrice... I only have the attic anttena too..lol
Thanks for your concern and hope you do fine there ...I'm thinking about you!!
I have all I need... it's my daughter who keeps fussing about me.
A seriously good series of pictures. You stay safe.
ReplyDeletethose are terrific pictures of the pushing, shoving birds!
ReplyDeleteat least you made it out of wal mart without any injuries!!
be safe!!
HI Adrian...thanks so much...
ReplyDeleteI hiding under the couch!! lol
Hi Laura...thanks...just a ordinary day at Walmart is bad enough!! LOL
LOL FUNNY STUFF...well Irene just brushed us and gave us a few strong gusts and then said Goodnight! BUT i recall HUGO in 1989 we had No warning that it would come 150 miles INLAND and rip us to BITS! After the NIGHT Of terror winds of up to 135 mph we had trees all over the place our barn was cut in half horses running around half crazy...we were shell shocked from the trauma of the entire night of Screaming wind in the dark...we lost the power within 1/2 hr of the storm hitting....next day we waited in line for 2 hrs to get ICE ($5 a bag!) for the cooler! After a couple of days with no power you have to eat everything that was in your freezer..and after 11 days with no power we had almost completely forgotten what it was like to have electric lights and hot showers!!
ReplyDeleteAWWWW--- the comfort zone is a very delicate house of cards--
Sending lots of blessings...
ReplyDeletehope Irene did not cause too much trouble...
Grackles were a perfect way to describe your Walmart experience....YIKES!
Sherry
Beautiful post and nice shots. I do hope you are safe and that none of your friend were in danger.
ReplyDeleteLOL...LOL...
ReplyDeleteGreat photos Gail and love the descriptions.
Dear Grace,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and I do hope that all is well.....
Hope you got through the storm unscathed. We lost our power for 48 hours, but that was a minor inconvenience when you realize some Maine homes are still without power. And then there's Vermont.
ReplyDeleteWorried about you Grace... I hope all OK
ReplyDelete