These photos are what's happening here in my garden this week!!
Mourning Cloak!!
Mourning Cloak....
Garden seat inspector : }
One of the new Lilies I tryed this year!!
Mourning Dove in the rain...
found the bird seed!
One of the new Lilies!!
Jury is still out...I'm thinking maybe a Cresent??
Very tiny ...sitting on Achillea (yarrow) plant!
Same as above
Wings open measures about an inch!
New one !!
If your interested I do have the names
Jury still out ....I am pretty sure it is a Admiral.....this is larger than White banded I have seen...
there is also one called the Red Spotted /White Banded ...
Its fun trying to identify them, but confusing!!
This one is having a little confrontation with Japaneese beetles!!
More confusion ????
I'm still looking ....!
Hope your weekend is a bright and rosey one!!


Lovely butterfly shots GG. The Lillies look nice, but I hate being near them as I can't stand the smell.
ReplyDeleteWhoa! My weekend will definitely be bright and rosy after these amazing photos which you captured! Thank you
ReplyDeleteMy goodness what a beautiful garden you have. :) Just wonderful lilies for sure. I used to have several different kinds, but you have some that are new to me. I swear there is a new one or two developed every year.
ReplyDeleteWonderful images!
beautiful! not gonna be of help w/ any ids tho!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, love all the lilies, but then I would!
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...Well it is a good thing you can't smell them from here then ; }
ReplyDeleteThanks so much ...thought you might help with butterfly id's : }
Hi Jean...oh you are so funny...
thanks..glad I could make your weekend for you!! : }}
Hi Lois...I said I would not plant anymore then I see a new one...there goes that plan! : }
Thanks you so much...!!
Hi Teresa...Thanks...it really isn't important ,but fun!!
Hi Bookbabies...A flower lover : }
Thank you very much!!
Hi Grace, not sure of some of the butterfly IDs, but I do know that the one before the rose is a silver-spotted skipper. We spent an entire summer photographing and then trying to ID butterflies. Here's a good site with photos
ReplyDeletehttp://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/gallery
Have a good weekend!
Fantastic photos, Grace, the first one is especially a knock-out!
ReplyDeleteHappy weekend!
Your lilies are gorgeous.Some of these new ones I have never seen.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful memories you have of summer. I cant believe its almost over. We still have hot days in October but it can change in the blink of an eye and get cold.
ReplyDeleteLOVElY photos!!
Great butterfly shots, sorry I can't help you out on the ids. Really like the "new one".
ReplyDeleteGrace, it would be a wonderful surprise if a book came out one day..."Grammie's garden - the summer collection", or something like that with all these pictures you have shared with us over the past few weeks. There are great scenes and stories. I still recall the one of the family of doves. Many thanks for sharing! Take care, and best wishes.
ReplyDeleteHI Beatice.....That is a great site...,and do have that in my favorites.... I have been using that : }
ReplyDeleteI had thought it might be SP Skipper!!
Thanks so much.. and for your help!!
Hi Jain...Thank you so much!!
HI Ruth ...yes.. some I couldn't resist : }
Thanks so much!!
HI Tammy ...Yes we can sometimes make it through September, but a cold night, and it's all over!!
Thanks !!
HI Larry...thanks so much...they are still lovely without names!! : }
HI Seasons...Aw that's nice of you to say !!
I am happy to have you all to share with...the Doves are my favorite to. : }}
Thanks...
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteYour lillies are beautiful. I like the darker one, if I could have the name sometime that would be great.
It is wonderful to see so many butterflies in your garden. Sadly, due to the damp, cool weather I have not seen many, which is a little worrying.
Still no email !!!
Have a lovely weekend.
Beautiful flowers and photos, but what I really love is the butterflies, you have plenty to choose from.
ReplyDeleteWonderful garden images.. You certainly have a beautiful garden!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely happy weekend!
Hey GG, sorry I don't know your butterflies (stateside) apart from the odd one that we have similar to over here.
ReplyDeletebeautiful flowers and so many different butterflies!!! great pictures! your lilies are gorgeous. have a rosey weekend too! :)
ReplyDeleteHI Bob...thanks so much....butterflies have been plentiful this year ..some move to fast for this old lady though...
ReplyDelete; }}
HI Laura...Thank you very much!
Hey Roy...thanks that's ok ...your of the hook ... ; }}
Hi Laura...thank you ...last year was not a good year for butterflies ..I think we are making up for that...!!
A great tour round the garden I'm not a Lilly fan.......they stink and drop pollen all over. They are however very photogenic.
ReplyDeleteCan't help with the Butterfly IDs we don't have them here.
Hi Adrain..lol actually you don't have to worry about these lilies they don't smell.. well pollen yes!!
ReplyDeleteThese are newer hybrids and they don't have an odor like the older ones did....believe me if they did I won't be able to stand it either : }
Thanks..stop by anytime : }}
Wonderful garden images Grace.
ReplyDeleteYour butterflies are beautiful to see... the weather over here is quite cool (68f) and wet.
A typical summer in the UK.
Hi Grace,
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely garden you have! Those butterflies are stunning! Your Mourning Cloak looks like the Camberwell Beauty, which is a rare migrant to the U.K.
Lilly pollen tends to stain so I sometimes cut off the anthers, although this does detract from the flower somewhat. Also, did you know that it was poisonous to cats, another reason I cut off the anthers!
J
Follow me at HEDGELAND TALES
HI Andrew...thanks..it's early evening and 80f,it was 85, and dry.
ReplyDeleteThe feeling of autumn is coming on though...you just feel it!
Glad you like the butterflies!!
Grace!!
HI John...the Cloak is around most of the summer...I see him daily!!
I didn't know that about the Lillies... no cats around. My cat is an indoor cat and I don't bring the flowers inside because I enjoy them in the garden most!! : }
Thanks so much !!!
I purchased and planted 9 new lillies in the spring..The squirrels dug up and ate all 9!! THE ones we had already in the ground bloomed in APRIL..YOURs are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the butterflies..I believe you have all your Id's now you got the silver spotted skipper on that last one..SO much fun to try and ID them. GREAT PHOTOS of your garden and its visitors!
HI Sondra.. Gee.. I'm sorry about that ..lol... : }
ReplyDeletenever had problems with Squirrels.
Thanks you so very much...hope all is going well for ya!!
Grace
Simply beautifully captured shots...lovely!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful butterflies, great photos.
ReplyDeleteHI Kalyan...Thanks you so much ,and for coming by!!
ReplyDeleteHi Bengts....Thanks you!!
Hi Grace. Well any day now I guess you will be telling us it's "autumn", even in your lovely garden and with all those wonderful butterflies. By the way I just noticed that garden seat could do with a spot of filler and a coat of paint - when you're not too busy taking photographs that is.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous lilies and other flowers! Love the butterflies, too. Definitely a Silver Spotted Skipper before the rose...just look for the "white elephant" mark on the side :-) That one is either a Cresent or a Checkerspot. I have trouble with those two and always have to get out my book. The Cresent is really tiny. All lovely whatever they are called!
ReplyDelete