Sunday, August 14, 2011

""Enjoying The Butterfly"~~~~~~~~~

I have been still deciding on the White Admiral butterflies size and markings, and come to the conclusion that I'm just calling it the White Admiral even if some of them look smaller !!
It is a pretty butterfly and I enjoy seeing it, and that's all that matters!!
Yesterday I saw them on the Hydrangea bush, and got a bunch of photos,but I won't post them all. : }}






The contrast of the white of the flowers makes it just stand right out!!



Not sure if this is war or a greeting!! : }}


Or if this is combat or a hug! : }}





Hope your of to a good week to come !!

28 comments:

  1. Hi Grace,

    Aren't they lovely images. Such a perfect combination.....black and white.
    It does look like a white admiral I must say.

    I have a busy week.....grand-children back for three days, after food shopping with the parents in the morning.
    Also Mr P is home doing some repairs to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent images.It really shows up so well on the white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very pretty. It is fun to try to figure out the interaction of critters, isn't it? It is even more fun to create stories about what we think they are thinking, saying, or doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are gorgeous! like you said, the wing spread on the white blossom is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl...sounds like you do have a busy week..

    Thank so so much my friend!!

    HI Elaine...Thanks you!!


    Hi Ruth.. thanks you!!


    Hi Lois...yes that is fun to do..
    Thanks you !!


    Hi Teresa...made for a good backdrop .huh..
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace these are beautiful images.
    A lovely butterfly to see... and a wonderful background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Andrew...thanks you..couldn't have worked out better!! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful butterfly, so much like our White Admiral. Superb photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Bob...Thank you ..I see that it is !! : }

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH YEAH..I think there is nothing else it could be..Great photos Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, Grace, the contrast is really lovely. As to those interactions, old hippie that I am, I'm going with 'love not war.'

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HI Sondra...thanks...and for the conformation on the ID!!


    Hi Jain...Lol... thanks you old hippie ! ; }}

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are truly amazing to be able to capture a meet and greet of 2 lovely butterflys. What a photo op.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is hard to say who is doing whom a favor. Is it the butterlies that make the flowers more beautiful, or flowers that help us appreciate the butterflies? Either way, it is good to have both. And assuming that the other butterfly flew away in one piece, let's hope it was an extended greeting. Thanks Grace, for the pictures and running commentary that makes it all the more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tammy ..thank you...when opportunity knocks I listen...lol : }




    Hi Seasons..the camera is my friend and my garden is my studio so it works out well ! : }
    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous pics of the red admiral! Butterfly season is really getting rolling here now and the temps keep hinting at fall. Holding onto to summer as long as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!, more great photos and in a lovely setting as well GG.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI J&S...Thanks you guys....for sure!!


    Hey Roy...Oh..thanks you so much..
    it means a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. Your Hydrangea bush received some attractive guests. Great photos Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI Larry...thanks appreciate that!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grace, FAB flutterby photos! I envy you the doubles, especially. It has been a good summer for butterflies for me, too. But, no doubles! And your banner is sweet. Your Casa Blanca lilies look pristeen, bridal, even!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry Grace I have been so busy doing jobs etc I just got around to your Sunday post.More gorgeous butterflies too. If it stops raining here we might get a few butterflies to give your a run for your money, but don't bet on it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Robin...Thanks so much girl...
    it has been a good butterfly year!! : }}

    Hey Phil..Nah..don't where about that...I'll just skip your next post hahaha!!
    I hope you do get some dry weather soon...your going to have mold growing behind your ears!!
    Thanks so much my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are beautiful photos with the black on white contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks you so much appreciate you coming by!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are beautiful and so are the flowers! They look so great together. I don't usually see White Admirals....very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So gorgeous! I too love the White on the white hydrangea.
    My butterfly book says the Red Spotted Purple is the same butterfly as the White Admiral...The Red Spotted Purples are in my area and the White Admirals are farther north...in your area...
    I love the White markings...gorgeous butterfly.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete