Friday, May 20, 2011

" Backing Up.... To A Better Day"

Rain has been the weather for a week, with slight improvement for Sunday and then the "doom and gloom" weather forecasters say back to the same thing for the beginning of next week!!    Not great weather for photography!!
I thought I'd go back to some photos that I took the first Saturday in April.     My daughter called and said lets have a mother daughter day, do you want to go to Popham Beach !!!     We had our last snowstorm the day before so at first I said  "what" then "sure ,why not".  It was sunny and not all that cold ...but layers was a smart choose for outerwear!! : }
Since these photos at least had sun and a wonderful day for the two of us, why not post them now, so here we go from  Fort Popham to the State Park beach walk !! 


Pigeons enter through those opening and nest in there!!

The fort is not open any more because of the conditions it is in!!


"Eiders"






Ft. Popham from the beach!




The waves where spectacular!!





I did not take this picture, because it is" me" haha!!
This picture Renee (my daughter) took of me "shooting a wave", yes pun intended!!
She let me try one of her lenses ( ISO ranges to 3200..ultrasonic lens..teleconverters)
I didn't know what I was dealing with here...all I know is thank  God I have good
balance, and didn't drive that thing into the sand or I won't have lived to tell about it!! lol












This is my sweet Renee...we had a great day talking and sharing our
love for the gorgeous scenery and camera talk!!

It sure was better than this miserable rain we have had this week, but I am glad snow is not in the forecast!!




22 comments:

  1. Well you are getting rainy days and we are getting the winter back. You almost never got more than6°C this week and the wind is so cold that we have the feeling to be back to November.... Even the birds are feeling cold on their nest!!! You got a nice set of pictures despite the dull daylight ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day with your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful post.
    Great images and many thanks for sharing your lovley day with Renee.
    Looks like a beautiful place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great day you two had! I'd love to have a lens like Renee's. That's why she gets such great shots, but then, yours aren't too shabby, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Chris...thanks so much Sweetie..what in the world is going on... crazy huh!!

    Hi Kerri...thank you...we don't often get to go just the two of us!!


    Hi Andrew..Thanks and your welcome...this place holds a lot of memories for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seascapes GG. You are lucky to see Eiders so close. I never see them in this part of UK. West coast of Scotland is the only place where I have seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jean..thanks...next time we do a girl thing we'll swing by an get you and you can try the lens, but you better have good balance.. hahaha


    Hey Roy...They where everywhere that day..real striking bird!! Plan a visit to Maine an you can get to see some!! : }} Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds and looks like a really great day. Glad it had some sunshine for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great wave shots. Almost makes you want to run in and play (not).
    I really like your new header. Our Iris's have been slow coming this year. Just like with the snow, you can send some of your rain to us.... the corn is getting thirsty.
    Grenville

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is so much diversity in the pictures; the little details amid the vast open spaces. So good, your daughter and you could spend time together. It's almost possible to hear the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cicero..thanks so much!!

    HI Grenville...I would gladly send it your way if I could...
    The waves in that area are wonderful,but not for dipping just yet! lol thanks have safe trip home!!

    Hi Ruth...thanks so much!!

    Seasons...we love the ocean and the sites and sounds are very therapeutic!!
    Thanks for coming by and your comment! : }}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cant think of anything more fun to do than spend a day with someone you love doing something you both love--perfect! You made some awesome photos of your day too..its beautfiul scenery around there eh? You got super balance and your're very flexible to get that low!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI Sondra...thanks so much...if I could get that balance in my head too I would be doing great!! lol
    Have a wonderful weekend ..I am leaving this morning ...my grandaughter Heather from my oldest Michele is graduating from college!! YAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great walk at the beach. I always love pictures of the sea. Thanks for taking us along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here's a second try at posting a comment. If it is a duplicate, I'm sorry. Anyway, I love the sea pics. Anything to do with the sea is terrific for us. :)) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You wouldn't be complaining just a teeny weeny bit about that rain would you GG? But you certainly had a good day out with your family in that lovely quiet Canadian landscape you live in. Hey remeber to brush that sand from your shoes before sitting on that porch.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...we actually had our first sunny days...Friday and Sat were sunny! We were only two days without rain in April...and nearly that bad this May. The storms rolled in this afternoon again. Oh well...our trees are growing! Looks like you have a fab day at the beach....glad the weather held out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Phil...yes I am complaining about the darn rain...mold is growing behind my ears...
    You are a real funny guy aren't you, I coming to pay you back. hahaha!!

    Hi Kelly....the rain persists today lawns need mowing and slugs and snails are loving it!!
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  19. HI Grace,

    Hope the rain is soon gone and that great yellow ball in the sky blesses you with it's presence.

    Love the images of the waves. I love to stand and watch them when I visit the beach. So soothing.

    It is good to spend quality time with out childre, these are precious moments.

    You have great balance Grace.....I most certainly do not. I have taken many a tumble........Ha! Another reason I have given up trying to ride a bike......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cheryl....thanks..great memories are precious..
    you are to funny...I don't ride a bike anymore either..mine is because of knee's ,but I can take a tumble myself now and then hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The fort is very imposing, isn't it?
    There's always something interesting to photograph at a beach it seems!
    No matter the weather..the moods make it so fascinating.
    You have some wonderful shots there, Grace!
    My hubby will be jealous you were near those great waves lol!
    I'd love to have a big telephoto lens for my camera..sigh!
    I was trying to shoot pictures of a large red and blue Rosella eating the rose-hips off my neighbours Iceberg rose bush just an hour ago.
    He looked great from inside my bedroom window but I doubt I got close enough to show his full beauty.
    Lovely post as usual :-)
    blessings..Trish

    ReplyDelete