Sunday, May 8, 2011

"For You"!!

"For You"...two wonderful words that this Mom loved to here on Mother's Day,when two little girls stood before me with hands stretched forward, with fists full of Dandelion flowers for there gift to Mom!!
If you have never seen or heard of  the dandelion plant then you probably are from another planet ,or live under a rock!!!!
They invade your lawn, garden, and even your sinuses and make you sneeze when they go to seed and blow about the countryside,....but in the hand of a child,covered with the sticky milk like sap that runs from the stem, they are like precious priceless diamonds sparkling like the eyes of the child that holds them !!
Fortunately those two little girls have grown up to be  Moms and had the same experience, and I am sure many Moms can same the same thing!!!






Happy Mothers Day to my blogging Mom friends!!

18 comments:

  1. Yeah little bunches of sunshine, more beautiful than you realise anyway thats what I thought whilst collecting them for wine. We tend to take them for granted really

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story. :) Happy Mothers Day to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We has our Mothers Day on April 3rd.
    My Mum (80) was in hospital at the time.
    Thankfully she is back home enjoying life again.

    A beautiful memory for you Grace..is there a pettier flower than a Dandylion on the planet.
    Mums are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a nice show of colour GG, all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Debbie...I imagine when you drink that wine your eyes are sparkling to!! hahaha thanks!!

    Hi my darling daughter.. ♥ to you too!!

    Hi Lois...thanks..Happy Mothers day to you to!!


    Hi Andrew...wonderful that you still have your Mum!!
    Thanks for you kind words.. ♥


    Hey Roy...yes you are right, like sunshine!!
    Thanks !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many dandelions this year its been LOVELY to see them sprinkle across the countryside...Thanks for the Bouquet and Happy Mothers Day--My son is arriving at 6:15 I cant wait to see him

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sondra...You are welcome as I write this, it is just about 6:15 have a wonderful time with your son !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy mothers day to you to.
    Lovely photo and post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Dandelion bouquet given in love is more beautiful than any rose.Love makes all things beautiful.Hope your day was special in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elaine...thanks..I hope you had a good day!!


    Hi Ruth...Thanks so much...hope yours was to!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Grace,

    Absolutely, and so say all of us. Any flower in the hands of a child, is the most precious gift. It does not matter what is is......and personally I love dandelions. This year I have seen fields covered in them and they look glorious.

    Happy mothers day to you. We celelbrated a few weeks ago now......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grace. A glorious sunshine yellow gift regardless of their habits. Hope you had a fabulous day.

    P.S. Re Clematis: I made a friend of a customer some years ago who constantly reminds me that I was to blame for his wife buying so many Clems. Lovely flowers .. I'll post some soon just for you. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grammie G, what a lovely bouquet and memory as well. Hope you had a very nice Mother's Day cause you surely deserved a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Frank...Thanks I did!!
    I'll be watching for them on your post!!


    Hi Beatrice ....Thanks ..I did have a nice day.
    Hope you did to!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grace, you are so right..dandelions are loveliest when they come from a small child's hands!
    Such offerings are pure sunshine to a mother's heart :-)
    I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day, my friend.
    love..Trish

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Trish...your I did, hope all is well with you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete