As I got to the bottom of the stairs turned and there on the outside of the basement window was a plastered flat, suction cupped ..."Peeping Peeper"!!! Oh now this is why so loud!!
Up the stairs I go for the camera....ya I really did......night gown ,robe and socks ...suddenly not tired at 11:30! I'm' back in the basement clicking at the underside of a peeper!!
"Biology class comes to mind"!!
Out the basement door I go for a look at the top side of this creature!
Great!! he stayed there...top shot!!
I feel I have to explain the stuff on the window ...hair from brushing the cat I
had thrown out for the bird to use for nest...wind and rain now it is
stuck on the windows !!!
There was a bunch of these little guys around ...this one was on the window sill!
When I say little I mean little ...would you believe they are
only 1 inch (25cc) long!!
Here you can see its comparison to the sill!!
When I realized how many there where then I stepped very carefully...
as you can in partially darkness !!
As I took my first step to go inside I encountered this
Wood Frog..one of the party attendees I guess!!
Perhaps he was the" bouncer"..he is a bigger guy average 3 inches!!
: }
Hahaha! Peeping Peeper! Love it!
ReplyDeleteHey Ney...I just knew being "my daughter" you would get that play on words!! "Hahaha"
ReplyDelete" ♥ you"!!
Marvelous!
ReplyDeleteI hear them often but rarely see them... thanks for the peek!
Grammie G, what came to my mind is "Jeepers Creepers where'd you get those Peepers?" Great shots of these little fellows and as you know we really do enjoy frogs ...of all types!
ReplyDeleteI am not sure I would have ventured out after dark to see these.
ReplyDeleteHi Jain...I love listen to them..soon will be over..thanks, glad you got to have a peek!!
ReplyDeleteHi Beatrice...thank you...Yes, thats right the frog couple haha!! I remember hearing that song to!!
Hi Ruth...hahaha...you are to funny!! I don't think I even gave it a thought!!
I would be freaking out!! I hate frogs, or anything else that hops or slithers.. YUCK!!! You are a brave woman Grace.. I give you lots of credit. MIssed you yesterday..hope to see you soon..I may just have to drop in on you one of these days... Keep the frogs away though!!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteHey Tracey...for heaven sakes women it is only an inch long..what do you think it will do to you haha...I understand... I hate snakes!!
ReplyDeletePricilla was alone yesterday decided to not go at last minute so I was home!! Hugs!!
So if there is any trouble GG the "Bouncer" will "Frog march" (English term) the culprit out of the building.{:)
ReplyDeleteHey Roy...What can I say about you and your English terms....ya.. he could do the Frog March!! : }}}
ReplyDeleteGetting up in the middle of the night to take pictures of little peepers? Now I am impressed Grammie G. You're getting as bad as me - sitting out in the dark for hours to take pictures of owls. Dedication, it's the name of the game.
ReplyDeleteWow Grace lovely images
ReplyDelete(no not you in your night dress lol xx)
A lovely little frog to see. We don't hear ours in the UK unless you search them out but I have heard frogs after dark in the Carribean.
A lovely post to read xx
Hey Phil...you like that huh...I have been learning from the best~~hahaha~~dedication !!
ReplyDeleteThanks my friend!!
Hi Andrew...hahaha..I'm not touching that one...
Cutie's aren't they. I love going to bed to there song!!
Thanks so very much ♥ Grace
How funny....you got to watch out for those "peeping toms".....I mean peeping peepers :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Mary...Never a dull moment around here...hahaha!!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots pf the peeper, not surprisingly! Only you could accomplish this, I swear!
ReplyDeleteHi Jean...thanks...I know I am pathetic..hahaha!!
ReplyDeleteGrace, you are such fun. It is good to know that I am not the only mad woman in nightwear, wandering her garden late at night. Ha!!
ReplyDeleteGreat captures.....so tiny. I love frogs.
BTW also glad I am not the only one with odd things on my window panes!!!!
Hi Cheryl..It is nice to know that I am not the only "mad women in nightwear" as you put it!! haha!!
ReplyDeleteThat's so much...I am heading your way...did I see a frog on your post on my sideabr??? lol
Ps ..thanks for telling me I am still fun.. : }
That must have been quite a sight to see, all those little frogs.......and socks lol
ReplyDelete;)
Ohh...wow!!! What a cool post! I would love to find one of those little guys on my basement window!
ReplyDeleteHi Keith...yes I am sure I was,but who cares..certainly not the frogs!! lol
ReplyDeleteHi Kelly..Thanks...if you see someone in a nightgown at your cellar window ..don't shoot.it may be me bringing you a peeper!!
Oh, you gals and your windows - don't worry about them. I'm sure the frog thought the spots were food.
ReplyDeleteI love the post and the pictures.
WOW love that little fellow-I know what you mean I go out in nightgown to photo the moon sometimes....IN THE dark in the Front yard..lol
ReplyDeleteHi Bill..hahaha ya silly aren't we!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by!!
Hi Sondra...anything for that photo hahaha..thanks!!
Fun Grammie! Love your peepers. No peepers by me, alas, so it is good to enjoy yours.
ReplyDeleteJust catching up, Grammie. Love your peepers and the wood frog! I hear them every evening in the spring, often so loud that they drown out the woodcock on the neighboring wood lot, but have never managed to actually see one.
ReplyDelete