Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Cheap Entertainment"

Who needs to pay good money to go out for entertainment...not me...I tell  you  these patio doors to my deck are  like a large TV screen set to the Nature Channel !!
Today the Baltimore Oriole returned and graced me with his presence as he usually does about this time of year!!  I set out half and orange  last night on the deck rail, one of the treats he gets every year, but when I saw him he was setting on the bar holding the seed feeders, "so mad dash for the camera"....."what"  he is eating suet"   (a first for me along with the bluebird and catbird ) so I took my position, and starting clicking!!


"Hmmm looks good"!


"It is good...been long trip"!!


"Oh great"  trouble is here ".....!!


"I like Norah, but the suet is mine too..
"you hear me"!!


"Oooh I'm so scared"

"You should be"..".see these ruffled feathers"!! 


"I'll show you whose the boss around this place"



"Well" I think I showed him who is boss!!


"I wonder if he sees me"


"I'll just nonchalantly sneak up from behind"


"Will you just~leave~me~alone"!!

"Well you didn't have to scare the living daylights out of me"
"I'm leaving"


"Finally some peace and quite, and lunch"!!





21 comments:

  1. Grace, That is just so funny. The images are great but the narrative is hilarious. I just cannot stop laughing. In fact, I am going back to read that again.

    Tks for the smile my friend.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl...thank you so much...and you are welcome...so glad you had a good laugh!!
    I could hardly believe my eyes it is pretty funny!!
    ♥ my friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backyard bird watching is SO entertaining! Well worth every cent spent on seed and suet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great entertainment and a lovely looking bird GG.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Cicero..well worth every cent for sure ..thanks!!


    Hey Roy..definitely,entertaining and lovely...thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky to have them so close to you.. I've had a family of beautiful cardinals in my feeders and I've seen a yellow finch.. You must have been laughing at all the excitement going on around that suet!! I can understand the Oriole's perspective.. I'd be upset if someone was after my lunch too.. see you tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Grammie G. ENjoyed the photo sequence and the commentary as well. You are so right in saying "who needs TV" cause nature surely provides better viewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL...I'm still laughing! That's a great series. Mockingbirds think they are so tough and want to own the feeders. Serves him right to have some competition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracey...Your lucky to have the Cardinals... this feeder is so close to the house they don't like it!!
    Thanks ...yes, see you tonight!!

    Hi Beatrice....thanks for coming by to watch TV with me! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow,this is better than anything on TV.I smiled through the whole post.I love the action you captured and the commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos of the two birds interacting are amazing! Wow. I haven't spotted any orioles yet but have finally seen a hummer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an encounter!!! The photos are awesome..they put up a very good bluff!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ruth...thanks so much,so happy you enjoyed!!

    Hi Jean...are your better today or still on a constant lookout!!
    Aren't those two funny ..I couldn't believe what I was seeing !! Good you at least have the hummer!!

    Hi Sondra...thanks so much ...it was a great show they put on!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely bird the Oriole is to see. Beautifil colours and good on it for standing it's ground.
    A lovely commentary on the action Grace it put a smile on my face xx
    Nice title "Cheap Entertainment" as my fisrt thought was that birds "Cheep"

    ReplyDelete
  15. I printed a few out and hung them on my office walls. :) These are great! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Andrew..haha~ your good~ "Cheep" would have been a good word instead of "cheap:...you always have the funny take on these things!!
    Thanks..glad I made you smile...have a good weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Ney...Good ...I'm sure that's what you would like to do to a few people at work..haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! Great images and commentary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheap and the very best entertainment. Actors are too beautiful to need any makeup, you put in the lines, they are spontaneous in their performance...and work for suet. Who needs Hollywood!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Lois...thanks so much!!


    Thanks(Seasons)for coming by and leaving a comment...I must say one of my favorites even if I did it myself, hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stopping by from A Diva's Garden. I really enjoyed your post, the pictures are beautiful. I don't see Orioles in my parts, although I live next door to Maryland and the Oriole is their state bird. Beautiful creatures.

    ReplyDelete