If it wasn't crazy enough that we had a cool and late spring, then rain , rain and more rain, and the last 4 days have been humid (80%) and temperature that have been up to 80 to 90 degrees in the daytime and not a lot lower at night!! Yes ...I know I couldn't wait for the spring and summer weather ,but this on and of switch can be a shock to the system!! Of course there is the thunderstorms that roll through because of these weather changes keeping everything wet that makes keeping lawns mowed and gardening limited, and even then one hand has to be free to swat at the black flies !! Ok I'm ranting and so I do have some photos to share so all can't be that bad, and these are all in my own garden so.....
"Icelandic Poppy"
with a little help from the clematis vine for support!!
Tree Swallow on his favorite perch!!
"Narcissus"
"Evening Grosbeak"
(pardon the poop)..it's the only decent photo I
got of it on its way through to it's summer home
"Yellow Azalea"
"Eastern Bluebird"
"Wild Violet"
Oooop...forgot it's name!!
Someone will tell me!!
"Flower Quince"
"Baltimore Oriole"
(Yes Phil I know.. I need to paint)
"Crab Apple"
"Rose Breasted Grosbeak"
"Flowering Almond"
Red Winged Black Bird!!
" I see you down there lady"
"Lupine"
"That's all Folks"
"Wait a minute..I'm the Mockingbird and I always get the last word"
One minute you're hot, next your cold. One day no birds,just snow, next day your house and garden are swarming with colourful birds and flowers. But what's a House Swallow GG? When I was at Long Point we called those Tree Swallows. Look forward to your comment post - no excuses now, Blogger is fully functional.
ReplyDeleteThe weather has been the same here in South Western Ontario Canada ! Awesome photos just beautiful ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures. I just took a picture of that same kind of Narcissus the other day.They are so cute.
ReplyDeleteI agree, the sudden change in temperatures/ humidity is a shock to the system, but I welcome it. Hope we don't go back to the cold and rain of recent weeks! Wish the evening grosbeaks would pay us a visit. Great photos, as always.
ReplyDeleteLots of lovely images here GG, the butterfly looks a lot like our Painted Lady, I believe you have something similar over there.
ReplyDeleteThough the rose-breasted grossbeak is the prettier one, I'm happier to see the evening one; it seems like they've disappeared! Beautiful job, as always : )
ReplyDeleteA lovely selection from your garden grammie.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers too.
Superb pictures collection. I love the swallow but the evening grosbeak is also beautiful!
ReplyDeleteHOW FUN..your flowers and birds are amazing---Our Peony was destroyed by heavy rain--love that pink one, LOL at the Mockingbird remark!!
ReplyDeleteI'm testing out posting comments
ReplyDeleteGrammie G, and we thought that Maine was supposed by be cooler cause it's been in the 90s here on the VA eastern shore the past few days as wekk. We haven't had any rain, so can you send some thunderstorms our way, please. Enjoyed the view of what's blooming in your garden and I plan to post one of ours soon.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo's the colours are screaming spring :-)
ReplyDeleteas for the weather some parts of Australia has had the coldest Autumn in like 41 years give or take depending on the state , we are in tasmania and our winter started yesterday and dang im not looking forward to the freezing weather brrrrrr lol .
Hi Grace, at last I can comment on your blog.
ReplyDeleteI have been restricted for seven days now and it has been a nightmare.
It seems so strange seeing flowers in your garden that are long past here.
It took me back to early Spring......
You do have some beautiful birds.......and some good captures. I always struggle with bird images....they normal fly as soon as I hold my camera to my eye.
SE UK is still dry.....no rain to speak of for nearly three months. It has made gardening a challenge to say the least. I hope our wet spring will return next year and that this weather is not a sign of things to come.
I think I have found a way to at least comment back to those who have left comments on this blog and I have been able to leave comments on those with this pop up comment section to!!
ReplyDeleteSo thanks to all of you who have commented on this post I appreciate each and ever one!!
Hi Grammie. Never satisfied with the weather, are we!! I've been busy updating the micro-irrigation here for some of the veg and plants due to the continuing lack of rain.
ReplyDeleteAs Cheryl commented, it is lovely to see blooms that past us by some time ago and a super collection of avian visitors.
This is photos galore! I like all of them. And thanks for adding the family pictures. Congratulations to all.
ReplyDeletePS: It took quite a bit of patience to finally be able to leave a comment.
Hi Frank ...here I am with so much moisture and you so dry...but I guess that's the way it goes...
ReplyDeleteThanks so much !!
Seasons...yes it is nice to have you back ...it will be nice when this is completely cleared up!!
Thanks so much for your comment especially about the family!!
Tis the season for birds and blooms ... especially by you! Not so much here. We've been getting lots of thunder showers but not that hot yet. Fine by me because I don't like heat. BUT, we've had enough heat to hatch the darn mosquitoes!
ReplyDelete