Monday, October 4, 2010

WHEN YOUR LONELY......

Near the end of last week I was feeling somewhat lonely and a little sorry for myself !!
I wasn't accomplishing anything then something came to mind (yes folks I do think now and then)!!
I blogger friend (Keith) told me when he is lonely he goes for a long walk,and when out in nature you are never alone!!

The weather was tropical feeling and threating rain and I wasn't sure I wanted to get caught in the rain !! Well I am not made of "sugar" so I suppose .......so of I went and walked 2 miles!!

Along the way I saw a guy ,who works for a local landscaping company,doing a job cleaning up a garden bed near the road at the end of a driveway and I stopped to say hello!!
Well it didn't take long for my mood to chance especially when he said did you see who my "helpers" are??
From here you will see how funny this is !

Click on photos to enlarge!!

The "Helpers"


Dig fast girls!!


Darn the bugs are getting away
under those rocks!!


You dig one up Henny Penny
and I jump on it!!


Look at that !!Those girls are good workers!
I may hirer them back in the spring !!


Hows the bugging on that side of the 
rock Heniretta!!


So you might want to try this the next time you feel a little
lonely...you never know what your going to find!!

The chickens belong to a neighbor near by and  I guess they smelled fresh dirt.  The guy working there was throughly amused  by his helpers!!

Thanks Keith!!



17 comments:

  1. What fun! Glad you got cheered up : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grammie, glad you found a walk in the country and chatting en route helped. Nature is always my friend, and I never feel alone when I am out with the birds and bugs.

    Love the hens.....such fun. Couldn't have them here though, I think Nella may think they were on the lunch menu....Ha!

    Stay well, stay happy......you are never alone, we are all here if and when you need a chat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice, Grammie G. And so true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely story GG.
    I'm glad Keith was able to egg you on to going out for a walk.{:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! What great advice you received! I have to agree, you never know how God is going to handle something we think he has no clue about... I truly believe He was in control of this situation and carried you through.. Grace.. know ... you are never alone, and if you get lonely.. I'm always close by!! Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Jean..Who could not laugh at that..thanks!
    Did you tell Linda to look at it?

    Hi Lois..thanks!!

    Hi Cheryl...Thanks for the encouragement your a good friend!!
    Being alone has its perks,but there are alot of good and bad memories within these walls that come creeping out when you least expect!!

    Hi Karen..thanks..and you probably know that all to well!!

    Hey Roy..thanks..some people are good friends
    and you better be on the lookout or the "yoke" is going to be on you!! ; }

    Hi Tracey my friend...Yes I believe so... it is hard to reach out when I'm down though!! Thanks for the hugs !! See you Wednesday night?? : }

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story, glad you were cheered up, walking in nature is one of the best things to do when feeling down ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! After I guess that the first workers on earth were probably some kind of animals and not humans. I'm happy this walk got you in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. Sometimes I do have good advice lol

    Glad the walk helped. Nature has a great way of cheering us up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi K&E...thanks...I'll looking or your next walk post Elaine!!

    Hi Chris...thanks...you make me lol!! : }

    Hi Keith ....man of the "honors"...thanks so much my friend!! ; }

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, it is to get out and about. Did the same myself today ... well Mingus makes sure I do. We are in Vancouver at the moment so visited some of D's old haunts, sat in the sun and just absorbed its warmth.

    Those chickens look like excellent helpers! ... fertilizing as they go. Good stuff. I think I need a few ... if I didn't gallivant to the coast so often.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Grammie, enjoyed this post because from time to time all of us get a bit down and getting out and walking around is a great mjood lifter. Plus, you just never know what you will find - as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah I love a good ending to a story. Glad I came by...

    ReplyDelete
  14. How funny! Love the chickens! They were working hard. I wish I was there walking with you. Sometimes I get "down" like that, too and nature is always a good remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this post....what fun. The daily walk does it for me too. Cheers FAB.

    ReplyDelete