Monday, October 11, 2010

Pink "IS" a Fall color!!

With threats of temperatures dipping down to 30 degrees and frost inevitable I have been really looking at and admiring the last flowers of the summer!!
I have gentle run my finger over the delicate Morning Glory blooms and said my fond farewells like old friends I will never see again!
I have breathed in the delicate sweet smell of the Sweet Alyssum that reseeds its self and blooms profusely in the Rose garden!
I  have cupped in my hands the last Roses in bloom and taken in the beauty of each petal ..... will see you next summer my gardens delights!!
Then there are the playful Pom-Pom Dahlias aglow in a delightful shade of Pink!   They have really brightened up the fall garden!!  I will remove the tubers from the ground in mid November and store them in a cool dark corner of the basement until spring when again  they will be placed back into the ground to give yet another display of Pink!!

"Pom-Pom Dahlias"
"Milkweed seed adornment"
Blowing in the wind!!





"Glowing Pink sunset"





Waiting for its petal to fall on
a soft bed of leaves!


" Pink (IS) a Fall color"

15 comments:

  1. Lovely sunset images GG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never thought of pink as an autumn colour but I guess you just convinced me with your glowing pink sunsets Grammie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Roy ..thanks..the sky can provide many lovely images can't it!! : }

    Hi Phil...thanks for coming by!!
    I know pink isn't a guy thing, but glad your convinced!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grammie G, Thanks for showing us that fall comes in many colors other than reds, oranges, yellows. We are seeing plenty of those as we head further south on our Maine road trip. It's such fun posting about our road trip adventures in this very colorful state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, so very pretty. And, soon, we will be taking pictures of snow, then the greens of Spring. Each season is so beautiful. Great images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the milkweed seed on the pink pom-pom...made it look like a ballet costume!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that orange was the autumn color, but it looks like I'm wrong. Beautiful set of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree...still some Pink here from the Rose blooms. Love the Dahlia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely clouds, Grammie, and your Dahlias are divine. Are they hard to grow?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pink shots :-) That dahlia is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for comments the Boyd's,Lois, Jean, Chris, Keith, Frank Jain, and Mary... I just got home last night,was in the hospital!!
    I had some sort of blackout..fell..had a head injury I had to stay for monitoring and test!! Grrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful thoughts as you say goodbye to the beauty of summer, Grammie G. Now it's time for us to start anticipating the beauty of winter, isn't it?! I do wish our summers were a bit longer-lasting, though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, what happened to you... missed you at the supper tonight... Priscilla told me a little.. trying to get out of the church supper, uh??!LOL!! Hey, if you need anything let me know.. missed you..praying for you and thinking of you!! Hugs and prayers, Grace..love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. Finally brought my mandevilla in from the back deck today. It wintered nicely in the house last winter and hope it will do the same this year.

    ReplyDelete