Tuesday, October 19, 2010

BUMMER!!

Just a little info to why I haven't got a post out :  Last Wed. had a blackout, fell, 28 hours stay in the hospital ( notice I counted every last hour ) 5 staples in the back of my head for a gash, tests and more tests and more to come next week!!
I can't go out for my walks for awhile ( that stinks).  I'm here alone but that is good because when the headaches come on , it feels like at least 5 heavy metal bands are jamming on my head!! : }

Since I can't venture out side ( which I tried and found that these lovely metal staples and cold air don't mix well..that stings)  I saw the Chickadees and Nuthatches at the feeder and took a few picture through the window .  The clouds where getting dark and it was late so didn't really get what I wanted but found them
interesting !!













Had trouble with image uploads but looks
like there is a message for a two hour maintance
disable Wednesday 5:00 PDT !!  Yeah!!

 

26 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall!!! I hope you are feeling much better very, very soon.

    Your images are great! Such fun!

    Hugs,
    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lois...thanks so much and for the hugs I can use them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shots, well done!!! but well gosh, be careful and take care. I'm so sorry for your fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Grammie G, I am so sorry about your fall. Just take it easy until you get better. You were able to capture some nice wing action in your feeder pictures!! I really enjoyed them. Take extra special care! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, blacking out and falling ... not good. I do hope they get to the root of this ... AND that it is not serious. No wonder you haven't been posting.

    What a bummer not being able to go out ... to be house bound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris... thanks for caring thoughts and comments....you make a Grammie proud!!

    Hi Karen..How you doing...Me yah it scared me a bit so I'm trying to behave....thanks!!

    Hi Cicero...If I had someone to go outside with me I could..you know what mean!!
    Today I was fitted with another 24hour heart monitor...will see what that says...thanks for your concern!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, grammie g. Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope it wasn't some snake or spider picture on my blog that made you pass out. To look on the bright side, I guess if you have to black out and fall down it's best to do it in that order, so you're asleep when you hit.

    I fell and broke my nose about a year ago and I was asleep when I hit. As near as I can figure, I got a leg cramp while I was asleep, launched out of bed and ended up flat on my face. I woke with my leg and nose both hurting.

    It's tough being confined to the house, but at least you can walk around and look out the windows. Several years ago I had eye surgery and the doctor told me I had to sit still and not move my eyes for seven days. He said the way to do this was to sit in a chair and stare at the TV all day. Not only was I stuck in the house, but I couldn't read. That was the longest week I've ever spent in my life.

    I hope the doctors get you fixed up and back outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely pictures of birds in flight!

    I'm so sorry about your boo-boo, it sounds awful. Here are some healing vibes~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Steve..Your to funny...you make me laugh and if I laugh to much I get a headache but,...it is said that laughter is the best medicine!! : }
    You know I am glad I don't remember either... because falling backwards from standing position to hit on a rocked hearth must hurt like all get-out!!
    Thanks... and don't worry it wasn't any of those pictures of your!!


    Hi Jain...thanks for your concern and the healing vibes..I hope thats all it takes. ; }
    Thanks for the picture comments too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take care GG and I hope you make a complete recovery and are back out there walking soon. Great images by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear of your accident ! Thats how I feel when I get my migrains I suffer from them alot I know how it feels ! Your photos are wonderful we have the same feeders over here they call them ( Squirrel be gone) feeders ! I to think laughter is the best medicine as well as a good cup of tea for me lol ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Roy...Thanks for the concern; my feet are getting antsy and ready to go when I get the doctors ok!! : }


    Hi Ken and Elaine...thanks ...sorry for your migraines if that's how it feels, I not sure I could handle that often! : {
    I'm a Earl Grey tea person, good idea too!! : }
    I saw a Gray Squirrel on the feeder but he did't have any luck!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grammie G. Over here we have a saying "You can't keep a good one down", so keep up the birding you'll soon feel better and anyway you have to top up the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Phil....Over here it's ""You can't keep a good (women) down"" lol ; }
    I'll keep those feeders topped of and thanks for the concern!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Grammie G, glad to read that you are doing OK and feeling better, even if it's a slow go. It's tough being confined and not being able to go for your walks, but now you can enjoy the birds at your feeder. They can provide so much entertainment as your photos show!. FYI - we also have the same feeder and I can see it from the kitchen window and it's great fun, especially after I just fill it and watch the birds flock in. We are glad to have you traveling with us while you are housebound and send well wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Folks...thanks for taking time out of your busy trip and for you concerns!!
    Hopefully after seeing my doctor today and have the staples removed I will know more about going out for a walk even if it is with someone!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've paid good money to hear 5 heavy metal bands! Enjoy it lol

    Hope you get better soon though, and can start to get out again.
    I'll send you some hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Keith...your are to funny!! ; }
    Thanks for the hugs.. will catch up with you later!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just wrote a comment and Blogger zapped it. I've had a lot of that problem lately! Frustrating. I hope your headaches go away soon and will be praying that the pain is gone today. Hope they find the reason for your black out so it won't happen again. Love the photos! Hang in there! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mary...I,ve been having problem to!!
    Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.See your just posted on your blog ...will be over!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ouch ... I bet that hurt. I do hope the pain subsides very quickly. In the meantime, please take care and hopefully all your blogging friends will keep you entertained while you are couped up indoors ... something I couldn't bear.

    Love the flighty shots. Hugs FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Frank...well since I wrote that post I am now able to get out and actually I don't remember the fall... so how much it hurt I only know the after affects of !! : }
    Yes you all have kept me entertained!! : }

    ReplyDelete
  23. YIKES! I hope things continue to improve for you after your fall. What a bummer! We're sending good thoughts your way. Thanks for sending them this way and sharing a bit of your story with us. :) Take care of you. j&s

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks you two; things are better and thanks for the good thought!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh!!! You poor thing! I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Kelley Thanks ...I have been enjoying you blog while recovering.. : }

    ReplyDelete