Saturday, October 9, 2010

Part two: What I see along the way!

(Click on picture to enlarge)

 Well I don't know if you checked back, but part two didn't happen yesterday!!
Yesterday was a little hectic and long so yesterday is happening today. : }

I'm' still  getting out there to walk and I have gotten past the calf muscle tightness and working on  shin splints on the  lower outer sides of my legs...I think I know why because when I used to run I was what they call a heel striker...coming down hard on the heel and not relaxing the knee...

I know now I am rambling again so on with the show. : }


Makes me ponder....questions???


"Magical"


"'Long may she wave""



"Honest Acres "


Just put the horse on the front lawn!!
No lawn mower needed!



Up and fly away....
just what these leaves will do very soon!



Would you like to see this as your about to round
a corner on a well traveled road??


"Colors everywhere"



"Nostalgia"



Don't ask....the whole neighborhood wonders??




I live down there ....somewhere between those two
white peaks sits my home!!


This guy has two Chocolate Labs that would lick your hand of
before they would ever bite it!!


"Ready for the raking"


"Greetings to all who pass"



Got to get walking ..
thanks for coming by!!






11 comments:

  1. Wonderful images. I enjoy walking with you. :)

    Lois

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the variety of shots! Each one is a gem and the captions are fun :-) Hope your legs feel better. My knee shot this time was pretty much a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lois...thanks for coming along!!

    Hi Mary..thanks it was fun.
    Sorry that the shoots didn't work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great set of images GG.
    Love the old plough.
    Never mind the lawn mower, you wouldn't need any fertiliser either.{:)
    New Balance, good shoes, I used them for quite a while when I first started running Half Marathons, but switched to Mizuno eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your so ready with your camera and your eye sees exactly what you take a picture of... you seem to have so wonderful adventures out there.. I know that rock formation.. wierd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pictures, grammie g. Is that pedestrian sign telling drivers to watch out for you?
    I meet a lot of dogs in my work and have found that those with warning signs are usually friendly. I once visited a farm that had a huge mixed-breed watch dog. As the dog came towards me, the owner warned me to stay still because the dog was trained in defense. I held out my hand for the dog to sniff and once he was satisfied with me, I took my knuckle, stuck it in the dog's ear and gave him a good ear rub. For some reason dogs love this. The dog groaned with pleasure and then spent the rest of my visit leaning on me and trying to get attention. The owner wasn't happy with me.
    The shot of the stacked rocks made me smile. I haven't stacked rocks, but I'm always doing something that leaves the neighborhood wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice header photo. I have enjoyed walking along with you. The leaf in the water is indeed magical. Each photo is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Roy..I thought you might like the old plow or a plough to you and yes the horse would give good fertilizer or fertiliser to!! I know you think your right!! ; }
    I do like the New Balance but my favoritebrand is Sacouny but the style I like best in it they stopped making!!
    Thanks!!

    Hey Tracey...so you have noticed the green rock monster!
    Someday I'm am going to ask him. I have talked to him a couple of times so maybe I'll get brave!! Thanks!

    Hi Steve...could be you never know at my age I might need a rest and drop right where I am!!
    There is a good reason for the sign but it would take a blog or two to explain
    Thanks!!

    Hi Cheryl....Thanks for coming along!!
    Did you get frost last night? We had very little
    Brrrrrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grammie. Love the walking shoes. Every shot has a story to tell so keep walking and snapping. Have a good week...FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent... just make me realize that we should maybe time-to-time if not all the time, open the eyes when we walk! Gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a bit late catching up, but I enjoyed that walk, before I go off.
    Another old abandoned building...such a shame.
    And you live in the woods? ;)
    The stones...are they glued together like that? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete