Thursday, March 4, 2010

MARCH!!! {time waits for no man}



  March  WOW!!  No post's since the 24th of Feb???   March marched right in and didn't wait for me!!!!!

  Today is very windy, 28 degrees, and snowflurrys; our at least I hope that is all it is!!  I have learned to not rely on the weather man,especially after the dusting to 1 inch earlier this winter turned into a foot of snow!!
   
   I want to --zip-- back to Feb 26th. the morning after the the first of a thursday to sunday yooh-yooh event of snow, rain, highwinds, and sun!!

Tree that in an earlier posting I was able to walk around down the bank, but I actual have seen the river higher!!


This bridge is on my road and brand new last fall, if it had been the old one the water would have touched the bridge!!


River swelled up onto the banks putting some trees into overflow!!



This cloud is hugh and beautiful, but I still see a little gray in there !! 
My daughter would say ----Mom that is the pessimist in you!!!




I do love these clouds when they look like big cotton balls .


 
      Well it was at least a nice day weather wise.............but not so for those who got all the snow and to dig out of 3ft. of it,and not so nice in the southern part of the state where winds reached up to 70 miles per hour and had downed tree on there homes.   Thousands of people without power for up to a week in some areas, because of the roads that had been strewn with trees and downed power lines.


 
      By the time evening rolled around I kept thinking what is that I keep hearing......sounds like rain ........sure enough it was,and coming down hard !!!  Before I went to bed it had changed over to snow and when I got up Saturday morning there was a couple of inches of snow .  By early afternoon it was all melted away.


By late afternoon the gray squirrel dropped by.  Do you think he is s-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g it a bit?????????




  I wish there was an easier way then this, but I can do it just you watch and see!!



      I bet you can't eat hanging by your feet!!!


       Here we go again!!! 6:00 p.m. snowing!!  Snowed all night by Sunday morning there was 6 to 7 inches.



  Sunday morning ; heavy wet snow looks like  a winter wonder land!!!

            

      Beautful: But I am so ready for spring!!!!  COME ON SPRING!!!!






















6 comments:

  1. That was very pessamistic of you to say that I would think you were being pessamistic. ♥

    I do believe I see that squirrel is smirking at you.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my...too much snow! Your water is really high, but I'm always happier to have too much water for a while then to have the dryness so many areas experience in the summer months. Living by water is a blessing. I like puffball clouds, too :-) Your grey squirrel looks just as clever as the Fox Squirrels we have. I've yet to find a feeder they can't get into! I was looking at a round wire one today that looked like it would be fun to challenge them with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Renee!!! Your being a pest....Ha-Ha!! Yes that squirrel is more than smirking...he is thinking just try to get me lady I can run fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! Thanks for all your comments on my blogs! The squirrels have alot of determation...I have yet to find a feeder that they can't figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I popped over from Molly's Folks Down Under. I too am from Maine so of course was intrigued. Ah the squirrels, I have given up on the lone one who has been harassing my dog all winter! Great photos of the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi.Cheryl Thanks for popping in fellow Mainer. Thanks for your comments on the snow photo's,but aren't we so ready to see it go!!

    ReplyDelete