We have had such a wonderful stretch of weather in my area with highs in the fifities during the day and thirties at night. The sun so strong that you just know that at this point of the winter any snow now will not last. This coming weekend we will be springing ahead an hour on our time!! Wow already!!
Today I had to glimmers of hope for whats to come. I saw the red winged blackbirds but did'nt have a camera on me, and found some pussywillows!! I just love picking a bunch of them every year,to have in the house to cheer things up !!!
I love that first photo with the the red urn in the background. It's gorgeous. Our Red-winged Blackbirds arrived last week too...I love their call. It makes me think of summer!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to have access to some pussywillows here in southern Maine, but I don't. I do, however, have some snowdrops and one crocus in bloom. I uncovered my holly bushes this morning and plan to uncover the heathers next. As you said, even if we get more snow at this point, it won't last; it'll only make the grass green.
ReplyDeleteI immediately spotted the milk can! My grandparents had a farm. I can't seem to find any pussywillows here. What a nice sign of whats to come. And isn't snow from this point on called "poor man's fertilizer"?
ReplyDeleteIsn't it wonderful that spring is coming at last! I love those pussywillows. I don't know where any are. I should plant a bush of them.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I don't know if I can find any pussywillows around where I am either.
ReplyDeleteRemember when we used to color them with markers and pretend they were 'mice'?
Thanks Kelley; Jean; Cheryl; and Mary for all your comments!! Yes it seems the signs are heading toward spring. Pussywillow tree's seem to like wet area's and seem to be less and less because I believe they are cut and cleared away as brush!! Yes Cheryl "poor mans fertilizer" that what my Gramp's called it.
ReplyDeleteRenee your post must have been coming in will I was typing!! I thought of the mice thing yesterday---------they make a fun craft project for kids !!!
ReplyDelete