Twice in the last few days I have got up to find 2 hanging bird feeder,and two wire cage suet container on the ground!!! I thought perhaps it was just the gusty winds we have been having ---but I had them up there pretty secure!! Off course there want not a shred of seeds, and the suet was pretty well gone ----so I started over---put them all back up full and the goldfinches where real happy!! I know there has been a skunk around because I had put the yard light on and found him gleaming the seed that fall from the feeder's. I had moved those feeders that where close to the house for that very reason because I didn't want to step out the door some night an come in contact with pepe la pue!! He was here night after night and I'm sure the neighbors where wonder who was hollaring-----""get out of here --get"" at 11:00 oclock at night!!!!------Now I am rambling ----Well saturday morning this is what I got up to find!!

Well I guess you know this time I knew that this was the work of the raccoon!!--because they are clever with those little paws of there's --------they are so mischevious!!
Got my thinking cap on wondering what I was going to do to out wit those little verments!! -I ended up stringing up wire between to tree's hoping that the clever little critters hadn't had any lessons in tight wire walking or gliding or such-----It has been one night and all is well,but that doen't mean they won't be back !!
Dang Varment's!This is my contraption !! Hope it works!! Wish me luck!
You have your work cut out for you trying to outsmart racoons, squirrels, and skunks. I wish you well.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming aboard Linda. Yes I certainly do have my work cut out for me!!!!Last year I ended taken most of my feeders down because of the raccoon's. I don't like them hanging around because they are great carriers of rabies here!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I get so fed up with raccoons. I've been lucky this year so far and haven't seen any, but I did have both a possum and a skunk the other night. Must get the seed mess from winter cleaned up so they won't find anything interesting.
ReplyDeleteGood work. Hopefully this will deter those pesky varmits! As for a skunk encounter-I would probably faint away and then get sprayed!
ReplyDeleteWe have raccoons here in Oregon - they can get into everything.
ReplyDelete