Thursday, March 11, 2010

BE STILL MY HEART!! ""THIS GLIMMER IS BLUE""

  While having my coffee, sitting in my favorite canadian rocker, with both my best friends  "Mandy and Mona" all stretched  in the sun streaming in through the sliding glass doors {they are my kitty's} --ya--I'm just looking out the window and on the very back part of my property a bird went into a birdhouse ---well that caught my attention ----thank goodness my binoculars where right there on the stand but by the time I had focused in it was gone. Then closer to the house in and out of two more house's.  By this time I got a pair of -----Drum Roll-----!!!!!!!!----- yes--yes--yes-- Mister and Misses ""Blue Bird""--- in my sites!!!!  Oh! be still my heart!!  Every spring I wait for that flash of blue that compares to no other blue there is. They come shop around make there decision hang out for a few days them seem to disapear for a few weeks. When they come back there ready to get down to business!!!  Early bird gets the house must be there moto!

   I have 14 bird house's on my three acres of land all spread out at least 25ft apart. This is the recomended distance for territorial birds and it seems to work well.   I have checked out all the boxes to make sure we are ready to go when the time comes. Didn't find any mouse or red squirrel nest in them--which I have before --and  had a squirrel jump out and nearly scare me to death!!!  A few nails and some paint and I think we are good to go!!                                  
                                                                      VACANCIES
                                                 Of season rates apply until Memorial day!!
                                                           



This is just a few of  those available ---early bird gets the pick!!!

Attention robins!!
If you are looking for other than a house we have a few open nests available!!


What a great place for a nest!!  Thanks my deer friend!!


The eagle driftwood combined with the neighbors old shreaded blue tarp work great!!


Hope the robins don't build any higher !!

YUP!! where ready.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I need to get my toushie in gear and put up some new houses - then cross my fingers that Mr. & Mrs. B will return to haunt my house grounds again too. I still love the robin nest on the rack. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how very lucky you are to have a Mr. and Mrs. Bluebird! I love all the birdhouses, I bet they will fill up rapidly since you are advertising "off-season rates"! You have such wonderful places for nests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful pictures. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..what a wonderful variety of bird houses! I hung 3 gourds this year and have been peeking out at them daily. No one moving in yet. I'm hoping last years Chickadees and wrens come back to nest again. Both Bluebirds and House sparrows were eyeing my new Bluebird house a few weeks ago, but now I haven't seen either one lately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mountain blue birds have been have up here already, we saw them first at least a week ago. Everything is so early this year for us. So, so much milder than normal. We hung one bird house a couple of years ago and have had no takers. There are lots of trees around us with cavities and woodpecker holes and they seem to prefer those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee: Hope your bluebirds return to haunt you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl: Thanks for the bird house comment--I made them all over the years,and some are getting a little run down,but with off season rates----your right they will go fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda: Thanks for your comment on the pictures. It is great fun to watch the birds as they house shop, They have little squibbles over them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary: Thanks--I love making my house's each differnt. I had a wren in one last year too,so darn cute they are!! I'm hoping to see the house swallow's soon!! Hope the bluebirds return for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cicero Sings: Wow so happy for you to have that flash of blue so early in the season, Yes you know you are right about the tree cavities. The bluebirds especially like them!! I have two trees on my front lawn with many holes and the bluebird and starlings have used them!!!!

    ReplyDelete