Friday, August 30, 2013

~~~An Evening Walk~~~ Part II


After getting the photo's of the Cedar Waxwings in yesterday's post, I poked around for a few, and decided to head back home !!
As I started out  a pink glow coming from behind me was appearing!  I turned to the west and there was the sun peaking through a bank of light gray puffy clouds !!


My first shot's, but it just doesn't do the beauty of it justice!!



Another one with the little farm road!!


Far of in the distance I watched a hot air balloon rise up, probably from the 
Hot Air Balloon Festival in Lewiston!!


I could hear Killdeer's doing there high pitched call, and I first I couldn't see them!!
A closer look at the field that was turned over this spring I could see movement
in the up's and downs of the rows and glows of the sunset!!


A wonderful sight to see then feeding in the evening glow!!
Some heavy cropping going on, but there they where!!
I counted 5 in this shot!!
My best count overall was 24 in the field!!


Back at the bridge heading home I stopped and was trying to get a reflection shot
 of the moon on the water , while trying a couple of setting, wouldn't you 
know a Blue Heron flew out from under the bridge!!
It was right there in front of me , darn I had to chance setting's!
By the time that was accomplished this was all I got as he flew up river!! 



And further away!! 
There is a light fog rising of the river!!


Along the road I found this Pearl Crescent Butterfly !
Must be having a late evening drink to relax, and wind down ; ) 


These where near the above shot!!
Me seeing a four leafed clover is nothing unusual, as many people can tell you !!
I just do!!
This one was a big beauty in fact there was 3 of them on the same plant!!
No I didn't pick it and press it between the pages of  a book! 

You know sometimes you don't want to "press your luck"!!
( sick one I know.. lol)


37 comments:

  1. Grace, the human eye or brain computes what the camera can't see. Shooting Contre Jour almost always requires multiple shots to cover the light range.
    The Hot air balloon is beautiful. I'd be tempted to crop the trees out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian... Look at you getting all french on me,"Contre Jour ; ) !!
      Why does that not surprise me you saying you would be tempted to "crop the trees out" : ))) You are a special one that's for sure !!

      Delete
  2. Lucky girl, such beautiful images, taken at a very pretty time of day!!

    I would love to be in that balloon!!

    Have a wonderful weekend grace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie... your a peach, and I bet you could convince me to go up in one of those ballons!! yikes!!

      Delete
    2. Yes grace, I think I could!! You need to change your settings so I can reply to your "funny", "sarcastic" comments!! I was only shaking a lil from hunger ;)

      Delete
  3. Delightful, delightful. And the walk's not over yet, is it?? I think it's funny that certain people find four-leafed clovers all the time. I have an aunt that just looks down, and presto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen ... That's me look down and presto!!

      Delete
  4. loved the pun. :) thanks for sharing your setting sun beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa.. Ya your one I thought would like the pun : )

      Delete
  5. Grace, loved going on your walk! Pictures never do sunsets the way we actually see them. Still stunning though. Love the hot air balloon and all the reflections in the heron shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn...glad you enjoyed, and your right about a sunset!!

      Delete
  6. Lovely "Sunset" images GG. Did you glue that fourth leaf on.?? Very clever.{:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy... haha ..was the glue showing?
      Sunsets can be photographed,but are best savored
      for the pleasure of the eye!!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful images, especially the Pearl Crescent Butterfly, superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bob... they are real little cuties : )

      Delete
  8. HI Grace Thanks for taking us the walk with. I enjoyed itespecially thebutterfly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret... Glad you enjoyed, especially the butterfly!! : )

      Delete
  9. Hi Grace. Enjoyed your evening stroll beneath the setting sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frank..was happy to share..happy you enjoyed!!

      Delete
  10. Good job catching the heron flying! I love killdeer....so pretty and noisy and just interesting. Love the shot of the balloon against the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary ..yes they are, they always seem to look out of place like they should be at the beach : )

      Delete
  11. what a delightful walk; I loved the second photo/farm road setting especially. You got to see so much; that's what it's all about isn't it - being 'out there' to pick up whatever 'just happens'. Your post is a beauty Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole...Yes you are right ,just go with the flow : )

      Delete
  12. Wonderful photos ! Can I give you a little tip if your camera can do this . Papa and I take our photos in raw so we do not have to fiddle much with settings so that if by any chance they are to dark and what not raw gives you the option to adjust them perfectly in photo shop or light room or what ever you may use so they are just right and as you saw them as you were photographing them .. JPEGS are harder to alter as raw is a pure photo like the old negatives ! Either way you did great love them and what captures of the Heron WOW ! Don't you just love it when a photo opp just jumps out at you and you can capture it ? Thanks for sharing ! Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine.. glad you enjoyed, I wish the Heron I had gotten closer but,....
      I do have raw on my camera, but I don't have the software for raw installed on my computer!! I enjoy just taking photo's not so much for perfection , but fun to show what I see and like!! I use the fix adjustments in my windows live gallery!

      Delete
  13. Well... I am not disapointed. Again, this is very nice to read and easy to follow; I was with you all the way.
    It's not easy to be quick when something shows up fast like the Blue Heron. I think you did well considering the lack of light at that time. Love the picture of the sunset on the little country road, beautiful. Very nice sky with the hot air balloon. We will probably see some this weekend because we have a Festival here in Gatineau called: Festival des mongolfières de Gatineau.
    Have a great weekend and thanks for sharing...
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much Louise for your very kind comment!!
    I am happy that you liked the walk!!

    Hope you get to see some balloons from the Festival!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Grace, lovely photos! The lighting and the scenes are beautiful. The Killdeer are cute and I love the heron shot just the way it is. Cool sighting of the Hot Air Balloon. Thanks for sharing your walk, have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good One don't press your luck, so that's what happened to my luck, I pressed MINE! Love your walk photos...the killdeer are so much fun to watch...I love the way they rush around...Cute little Cresent too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pictures, I find the balloon with clouds really quite wonderful.
    Greetings Irma

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that four leafer! lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks again grammie, I'm enjoying the walk also.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice photos and enjoyed the walk and sunset, Grace...but groaning about that last comment.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful lighting, Grace. It looks like it was a peaceful walk!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't know if I have EVER found a four leaf clover!

    You are right ... it is hard to believe that it is September already!!!!! Already another day done. So much yet to do before the snow flies!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful photos Grace, I can't believe it's September yet either. Hope you feel much better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello again, I am back to thank you for the ID on my flower :)

    ReplyDelete