Wednesday, August 21, 2013

~~~~Screen Shot's~~~~

Each morning I open the patio door get my coffee, and set and take in the early morning air and listen to birds!!!!

This morning three Hummingbirds where being very territorial about the potted flowering plants on the deck  an the hummingbird feeder, chasing each other and any other birds that came near!!

My cat "Mandy", who is an indoor cat was sitting looking through the screen on the door, and the Hummingbird came right down so he was looking straight into Mandy's face !!  They both just stared at each other for a few seconds !!

I tried not to laugh , and wished my camera was at hand ,but alas it wasn't and any movement would have spoiled the moment, so I just enjoyed!!

Afterward I got the camera to be handy just in case it happened again!!
""Well  of course it didn't! """

Just playing around I sat with my coffee taken photo's through the screen of the Hummingbird in the plants!!

So here are my screen shot's








Don't they look innocent an sweet, of course they are, but I watched them chase of other birds, staying right on there tailed in an around tree branches until they are out of they area!!

One comical sight was the day he chased the Woodpecker from the bird feeder, 
which is near the deck ,nearly running into me (which I am sure he wouldn't )
but out of reflect I ducked out of the way just the same!!!  : )))

43 comments:

  1. Wow, what exclusive birds you´ve round you. Hummingsbird I could just dream of ..:-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lasse... but you too have birds that I can only dream of to : )!!

      Delete
  2. Iknow they are very territorial, especially if they are nesting in an area ... but I agree with sweet and innocent. They are just too cute to be anything else. What we don't know won't hurt us I guess :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea... They are so precious, and what we don't know is right ; )

      Delete
  3. Wonderful shots, especially for taking them through a screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Cabin Girl... ya it worked pretty well : }}!!

      Delete
  4. These are really beautiful grace, I am surprised they were taken through a screen! I liked your story, the hummers are territorial but they do pose nicely for pictures!!

    Your flowers look pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie...Give it a try sometimes when you bored ; )

      Delete
  5. Lovely pictures. Sometimes we have to settle for the pictures in our mind,when the camera is not close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are so cute and obviously happy to have your buffet at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do wish hummers would treat one another better. They're so unwilling to share their food supply.

    I suppose they're currently fattening up before the big, long flight to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean ....I guess if your that small you have to fight for what you can, and ya the are fattening for the trip!!

      Delete
  8. Well done GG, really nice shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummingbirds are so beautiful and your photos are great. It must be wonderful to have them so close and I can just imagine them "eye-ing" the cat inside the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mick...it was so cute like neither knew what to do!

      Delete
  10. Those little hummers are RASCALS ... so cheeky. When me Mither and Dad lived in Arizona they had a plethora of them visit and squabble every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Elaine... Oh they are but adorable rascals!!
      Some states do get many of then at the feeding stations,but the one we have here the Ruby Throat's are not overly plentiful!

      Grace

      Delete
  11. It is nice sometimes just to sit.. without the camera and watch these beauties. Funny story about the hummer and kitty eyeing each other. Lovely captures of your hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen..living alone isn't always that bad when nature is around!! : }

      Delete
  12. The hummers never let us down when it comes to watching some wacky behavior....Great Screen Shots Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sondra.. They are so comical and tough for the little guy on the block!!

      Delete
  13. Great hummer shots! Love the story about the cat and the hummer. We never have the camera when we want it the most :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Mary... the cat is fascinated with him but he comes so often sometimes the cat is bored with him!!
    Some hing remain memories in our mind : }

    ReplyDelete
  15. very good shots considering Grace that they were taken through the screen. You're like me - kick start, coffee of a morning, and a little of nature's bounty; nothing quite like it is there?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful shots of these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I don't have my camera handy for that once in a lifetime shot, I feel like a fisherman to talks about his big fish that got away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi grammie, love the Hummingbirds, I am so jealous of you to have so many beautiful birds, flowers and insects. I am going to start reading and see how I can attract more of these to my place. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just this morning, one of these winged wonders buzzed by me as I was standing on the front porch taking bird photos. It sure made a loud noise for such a little critter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. sounds like a nice home you have with grat birds to observe.


    peter

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wise of you to just enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all these photos of your hummingbirds Grace. I had heard they were aggressive little things but am amazed they chased off a woodpecker. I saw one at the beginning of our vacation in Santa Fe. It's been ages since I saw one and I fell in love with them all over again. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all these photos of your hummingbirds Grace. I had heard they were aggressive little things but am amazed they chased off a woodpecker. I saw one at the beginning of our vacation in Santa Fe. It's been ages since I saw one and I fell in love with them all over again. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great shots through the screen- and what a wonderful way to enjoy morning coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wish I had some screen shots like yours, Grace. We have seen hummers in the butterfly bushes out front, but they move way too fast for me to capture even with a longer zoom!

    ReplyDelete