Sunday, September 8, 2013

~~~~The Nashville Warbler~~~~


A short stroll around the gardens can reveal many interesting occasion to photo something, just for the fun of it, only later to go in the dumpster, so I am always looking !!

This particular morning I thought the morning glories where especially  lovely and raised the camera up to the arbor top, and while doing so some moment in the Rugosa rose hedge make me drop the camera down lower, an wait to see what might appear!!
I am about six ft. away from the spot, and out comes this little bird an snatches up a tiny bug of the tip of the leaves!
I keep clicking away and with every click of the camera I thought he would move back into the thick brush again!!
This little warbler is the Nashville Warbler,I would imagine he might be in migration mode, since I had seen the Black and White Warbler a few days before!
I haven't seen any Warblers since late spring into early summer, and it is that time of year!!  How did we get here so quickly !!



Sweet and colorful
the  
Nashville Warbler!!

 
Love that look!!











I believe this is only the beginning of seeing migratory birds
so I will be on the lookout!!

A little tid-bit about this Warbler!

I sometimes wonder how these birds and etc. get there names, and seeing 
this is a Nashville Warbler in "Maine"?..I had to check it out !! 
It was first observed in Nashville Tennessee in 1811 by 
Alexander Wilson who named the species!!

Then you have got the Black and White Warbler, poor thing just got a simple name!! : )

59 comments:

  1. That little yellow warbler is adorable, isn't he? You captured amazing photos of him, Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just an adorable little pip! so glad you got such great up-close shots of him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of a Nashville Warbler, but he sure is a cute little fellow. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, das ist eine grossartige Fotoserie!

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great close up shot of this little cute Warbler

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful little bird. Does he sing as well as he looks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots of this bird. What a special time for you to be so close to him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth..I felt very special to see it so close!! : )

      Delete
  8. Great sighting of the Nashville Warbler. You have some awesome shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an opportunity you had to capture such a cute little fella on camera.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO pretty Grace you got a cracker jack shot of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos . Oh he is soo pretty ! I think all of us camera happy people are the same in roaming around for things to photograph lol ! Hey that little bird is giving you the same look as the birdies here do to me . Oh no there she goes again with that thing lol ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine...yes I am sure they are wondering whats up!! : )

      Delete
  12. well we might've missed out on the morning-glory photos but aced with the beautiful warbler Lucky you!! Must've been a big thrill; in the right place, at the right time Grace. This warbler isn't dissimilar to our Eastern Yellow Robin; both fantastic birds....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole... Sometimes it is just like you said "right place right time"and that makes it even more exciting!! : )

      Delete
  13. WoW Grace, these are really amazing, so crisp and clear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie... much appreciated : ))

      Delete
  14. Spectacular shots! You were in the right place at the right time. Well done! I also enjoyed your evening walk--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine... glad you enjoy the walk too!! :))

      Delete
  15. Very, very nice Grace. I love warblers and this one is a "cuty"... You were very lucky to see it so near to you; this is why it is so important to always bring the camera where ever we go! :)
    Have a great week!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise.. Wonderful birds the Warblers!!
      Even to the bathroom : )) because you never know what you might see out the window lol!!

      Delete
  16. Hi Grace...You captured some excellent images of this cracking little warbler, I love that dark bold eye!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Grace...it's me again! Question? what question, did I ask a question? Now let me think..Oh yeh!..I remember now!...it was so long ago, I'd forgotten all about it!...lol.
    Only joking Grace, when we get to a certain age we're allowed to forget things now and again! Unfortunately in my case it's more now than again! ..lol.
    I did some checking and a little research and yeh it appears that yours is the same as ours!...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trevor I am glad it is not just me ; )!! No you asked the question ; ))!!
      I thought they looked so, but needed a "Masters" opinion !! : )

      Delete
  18. What a nice looking bird!

    Election results are always hard to comment on - a couple of Australian bloggers who normally comment on my blog have not commented on my "dandelion" post - I wonder if they will come back when the election dust settles!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stewart .... Oh you gave me a good laugh this morning, that is pretty funny!! I'd say it must be the Dandelion hahaha!!

      Delete
  19. How super fantastic!!! Critters are starting to move through here...can't believe we are on the way to winter again! So sorry for not seeing you in Maine! I did message you back to see where in Maine you lived before we left, but I did not follow up....the craziness that precedes a vacation is a bit out of control. We think your home state is beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks J&S ..it is time isn't it, but you got in a good vacation here with good weather : )

      Delete
  20. Whoopee, the first is it? I love the chin, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a beautiful little bird, so colorful and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Greetings from Greece Grace . Note I took time out from the celebrations to send a message, despite you insulting me . Nice warbler shots. BACK TO THE oUZO NOW FOR ME. cATCH UP WITH YOU SOON.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil... yes I see that, but not sure I believe you!! ; )

      Delete
  23. Beautiful pictures of it... Guess was too early to see it in July?? I think I might have gotten one... not sure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Chris... Check those many-many.photo's you must have
      taken ; )

      Delete
  24. Those are beautiful photos Grace, what a darling little bird!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful series photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for your kind comment Estetik!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi grammie, cute little guy, I really enjoy your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John.... how are things we haven't heard much from you!! : )

      Delete
  28. That was a pleasant encounter in the garden GG.
    Lovely little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks Roy... yes it was very pleasant : ))

    ReplyDelete