Sunday, August 11, 2013

~~~Still Looking~~~Not Finding~~~What I see instead~~~ Part I


Since I found the Black Swallow tailed Butterfly , and posted about it I have returned to that area in hopes of seeing it again, but alas to no avail. : ( !!

So with camera in hand I take photo's of all kinds of things while I am out walking , and yes I wore
shoes, so I thought I would give you an idea of what it looks like around here, fields and etc!!




This is the patch of flowers where I saw the Black Swallowtail Butterfly!!
I will continue looking for eggs or some other signs of one!! 




Bindweed in  Bloom!!


Goldfinch feeding on plant seeds




One of the numerous butterflies in the  Sulphur family!!



Unripe Elderberry's

A neighbors happy horse!!


I love the color of the underside of these leaves when the wind them!!


Adult female or juvenile Red Winged Blackbird!





Purple Vetch bouquet !!




I do hope you liked seeing these 
because there are more   : )


21 comments:

  1. Thought I would check out your blog after seeing your comment over at Adrian's. Guess you get tired of hearing your pictures are beautiful but that's the only word I have to describe them. I still have the image of the Goldfinch in my mind and the horse and field of grass with the trees in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot this comment:
    "If you are happy with what your doing you have a life!!"

    I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heavenly, I'd go there every day without the excuse of looking for a butterfly. Magical meadows full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photographs Grace; I enjoyed the walk and the scenery

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent nature walk. Thanks Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastische Fotografien, sie laden zur Meditation mit der Natur, danke...

    Liebe Grüsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful walk, and those flowers, hum hum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Grace...It's amazing what you can find..when you've got your shoes on!!

    Great images from your search, you may not have found the Swallowtail but you sure found some colourful sights to share with us...the Goldfinch is a beauty as too is the butterfly, which looks very similar to a scarce migrant butterfly that visits us from Europe, the Clouded Yellow. (I've yet to see one!!)
    It looks like you've got a wonderful area to walk in there?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Grammie What a wonderful place to go burding adn looking for butterflies. You see, with shoes on, you were able to go much further. Great shots. I would spend all day there if I had the chance. Loved the horse and Goldfinch and meadows. Looking forward to more from this area. Sorry you are having trouble aaccessing my blog but appreciate all your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grace, I am glad you wore your shoes this time. A lovely place to go exploring and searching for butterflies. I love the Goldie and the horse. The wildflowers are pretty. Beautiful shots, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely walk. Thanks for taking us along!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just awesome, dear grace! enjoyed these very, very much this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WONDERFUL! I felt like I was walking alongside of you and enjoying the beauty. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks David.. glad you stopped by ,and liked the post, and my comment on Adrian's!! : )

    Thanks Arija.. : )


    Thanks Carole..glad you enjoyed : )

    Thanks Adrian... :)

    Thank you Hans... : )


    Thanks Bob... : )


    Thanks Trevor..... Ya shoes help..until it cools down a bit ; ) To narrow down the Sulphur's is a nightmare in it's self Clouded, Unclouded , Orange Yellow,Pink and on and on!!

    Thanks Margaret.. Sometimes we take for granted our own area,and look elsewhere for our photo's !!
    Yes shoes hee-hee!! : }
    Glad I was able to figure out a way to get to your blog!

    Thanks Eileen ... I like where I live, and don't "always" have to where shoes ; )

    Thanks Karen... Loved having you along : }


    Thanks Teresa..Aw so glad you liked : }}



    Thansk

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a variety of beauty in that pretty meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are very nice to see, especially when I think of all the snow pictures I've seen you post in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John... ya your right, it will be snow before I know, so glad you enjoy my summer : }

      Delete
  17. Great photos Grace, I as always love each and every one but today the wildflowers with the pond behind them spoke to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Grace,
    Beautiful neighborhood! Looks a lot like here... :) No wonder the butterfly was hanging in this area with all those great flowers he was in paradise!
    Have a great week,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Louise... Yes from what I have seen in some of your photo's it could be like where you live! : )

      Delete