One evening recently I decided to take a walk down to the river, and on to my favorite little dirt farm road to see what would be about at that time of day !! It was around 5:30 when I left!!
The sun was low, the water calm .
casting a lovely glow of reflection on the river!!
Looking from the opposite side of the bridge ,
peaceful, and calm!!
Purple Strife growing on the river bank !!
I don't know who the little red guy is , but I was looking for butterfly egg
on these milk weed pods!!
I noticed some little eggs on the base of the pods,
but not sure what they are!!
The first pod on the right almost at the bottom is one!!
A Sparrow of which at this moment I can't say, there are so many of them!!
I'm thinking a Song Sparrow??
Turning to go back home I could hear what I thought where Cedar Waxwings
coming from the top of this tree!!
That would make since as I noticed this tall tree just loaded with these berries!!
About that time 6 Cedar Waxwings flew of the top of the tree!!
Lucky for me a couple decided to land on
some of the lower dead branches, giving me a chance
at a couple of pretty unhindered shot's!!
These birds are gorgeous,
and Chris will agree : ) !!
What a beautiful walk. Would love to see a cedar waxwing.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Susan!! You just might sometime!! : )
DeleteHi Grace...looks like you had a very enjoyable walk in the evening sunshine? and nicely rounded off by encountering those beautiful Waxwings?
ReplyDeleteA great way to wind down after a busy(?) day!...[;o)
Thanks Trevor ... ya that was truly a surprise, you never know when your out what your going to find!!
DeleteOr a way to get some exercise after a lazy day to ; )!!
Well done Gracie in spotting those Wawings. Or should I say in recognising the call coming from the trees and then homing in on the birds? Evening is often a good time to get out for a walk when most folk are in the house watching telly, eating and drinking and not caring much about the great outdoors. Sound like anyone you know?
ReplyDeleteLook forward to hearing about your next walk and don't forget to take a ball of string so you can find your way back.
Thanks Phil... I am getting good aren't I ; ))!
DeleteYou said it yourself Phil , not I !!lol!!
that was a wonderful walk grace, lot's to take in!!
ReplyDeleteloved the ladybug, they are good luck you know!!
Thanks so much Debbie... I could use some luck : ))
Deleteoh, this was a beautiful set of photos! loved the reflections! awesome!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Teresa.. : )
DeleteHi Grace, evening walks will soon be gone for another year with the nights drawing in......great set of photos.
ReplyDeletepeter
Thanks Peter... yes your right, but I hate to see it coming!! : )
DeleteBoy, you can really see the "wax" on the second CWW's photo. Lovely shots. The red bug looks suspiciously like the ones that love to destroy lilies. This one appears to have spots, though, whereas the ones I've seen are not spotted.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Jean...Not always easy to get the wax, but I was lucky to catch that part!!
DeleteI tried to find out what that red bug was...it isn't the Asian Lily beetle!! this one is bigger!!
All the pictures are great,but the winner for me is the first one. Those reflections are so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Ruth.. : )
DeleteLovely scenes from your walk. The river is pretty with the reflections and I love the purple flowers. The Waxwings are another one of my favorites. Beautiful photos, Grace! Wishing you a happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteThanks Eileen...: )
DeleteThese pretty scenes are so peaceful and relaxing to look at Grace. Beautiful photos! I love that little red bug. I wonder what kind it is? The Waxwings are lovely birds. I've been looking for them but am not sure if they come this far. I need to do a little research. Have a great weekend :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Denise... It was a lovely evening !! : )
DeleteThese are so nice pictures but I cannot help but think of the same scenes all covered with snow and ice. I think the pictures you post of winter have left a big impact upon me.
ReplyDeleteThanks John I think...you would have to bring up snow!! I'm not ready for that!! : )
DeleteLovely photographs, lovely evening stroll. Thanks for sharing! That's the milkweed beetle you photographed. I love them!
ReplyDeleteThanks you two...Milkweed Beetle huh ...you would be the one to know : )!!
DeleteAwesome scenes Grace, Love the birdies, I thought sparrow too but which one, cant tell from that angle. Great shots of the wax wings too...IM digging that beetle he is a super red color for sure.
ReplyDeleteThanks Sondra... Ya those Sparrows if there not in a certain position it is hard to tell!!
ReplyDeleteI like the Beetles long antennas ; )!!
Nicely seen- I like the curve of the stream in the first
ReplyDeleteThanks John : )
DeleteMmmmm, a very calming series of photos. Thanks for taking us along on your walk. We've been having quite a blow the last few days and nights, so there are no evening strolls around here....at ANY time of day!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Karen...Glad you enjoyed !! It is beautiful where you are though,even if you get the winds!! : )
DeleteSuper Waxwing shots GG and it must be cold walking at that time of day especially near water.
ReplyDeleteThanks Roy...No not really..being there in the glow of the sunset across the fields can leave you with a warm feeling no matter how cool it is!!
ReplyDeleteThe Waxwing was very obliging !!
Grace
Love the waxwings! They are such cool birds.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely walk ... such lighting! ... and so many finds.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Elaine...
DeleteBeautiful post Grace! Love the way you describe your walk and with the picture, it is fun to follow. The waxwings are gorgeous, great shots!!!
ReplyDeleteI am now going to read Part II and will leave you my comments.
Bye, Louise :)
Thanks so much Louise... Glad you like my rambling describing!! Not to many people read what is written so I appreciate that!! : )
ReplyDeleteHi grammie, as usual you provide us with much enjoyment. I can understand why you live where you do. I really wish I could find somewhere in Alaska that has the same kind of beauty. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteI love the calm, flat water and the evening light. How nice that you saw the song sparrow and the waxwings! Love the colors in these shots!
ReplyDeleteIt is a Red Milkweed Beetle, also referred to as an Eastern Milkweed Longhorn (Tetraopes tetraophthalmus). Adults are immune to the poison in the milkweeds, but their larvae are poisonous to birds. They are pretty cool because they make a squeaking noise.
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen... It is amazing how everything has a purpose and works together !!
ReplyDeleteAs you say pretty cool!! : )