Sunday, August 11, 2013

~~~Still Looking~~~Not Finding~~~What I see Instead~~~ Part II


Continuing  from yesterday post ...

I decided to go in on the road that  leads to some large produce gardens, to see if there was some chance the wild flowers in there might just have what I was looking for... the Black Swallowtail!!




More Black-eyed Susan's , Golden Rod, and Rag Weed!!
Lovely stuff for allergies!!


The road goes downhill a bit so I was able to get this look!!



There was some great Milkweed in there, the best I have seen this year!!
It seems to be a very bad year for them which means less for the benefit of 
egg laying, caterpillar feeding, and for the butterflies themselves!!


This plant had a bumper crop Milkweed Pods!!
When they are ripened and  burst open there will be seed for next year!




I was having a great time shooting away at the Milkweed, when I turned to see these 
black clouds moving in!!




Had to take a couple more before I thought it best to get out of there!!
I don't know what these caterpillars are, but the where making fast work of 
these Milkweed leaf!!


Still looked nice in front of me as I decided it was time for sure


But had to snap this cute little flower with it's friends : )


I turned as I got to the main road , yup it was thundering now !!
I hate thunderstorms! 
I beat feet (yes I had shoes on ; ) for  home!!
I made it home with only a few sprinkles , before it let loose!!

No Black Swallowtail, 
there is still time, but at least I can say I have seen one !!


30 comments:

  1. Fantastische Fotoserie...

    Mittag

    Ein sanfter Wind bewegt sacht der Bäume Blätter
    Grillen zirpen in der Wiese und im nahen Busch

    Kein Kinderlachen kein Geschrei nur Stille
    Flimmernde Stille in der Mittagshitze

    Der sanfte Wind verwirbelt leise den Staub
    Lässt kleine Wirbel entstehen auf nahem Wege

    Kein Vogelgesang nur das Rauchen der Blätter
    In den Bäumen ab und zu das Knacken eines Astes

    Sonst einfach nur flimmernde Stille und Ruhe
    Ein Duft nach trockenem Gras strömt übers Feld

    Ein sanfter Wind nur bewegt sacht der Bäume Blätter
    Grillen zirpen in das Flimmern über der Wiese

    © Hans-Peter Zürcher

    Midday

    A soft breeze gently moved the trees leaves
    Crickets chirping in the meadow and in the nearby bush

    No children's laughter or crying just silence
    Flickering silence in the midday heat

    The gentle wind softly swirled the dust
    Makes small vortices on near paths

    No birds singing just smoking the leaves
    In the trees now and then the crackling of a branch

    Otherwise, just flickering peace and quiet
    A scent of dry grass flows across the field

    A gentle wind just moved gently leaves of the trees
    Crickets chirping in the flicker on the meadow

    © Hans-Peter Zürcher

    Güsse aus der Schweiz

    Hans-Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Han-Peter...that is a beautiful poem!! : )

      Delete
  2. Hi grammie, it has been raining very hard here and I know if I check your pictures, they will cheer me up. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John....Great that my post cheered you up!! : ))

      Delete
  3. Hi Grace...You didn't find what you were searching for, but you still 'found' some colourful subjects to photograph. Great set.

    I guess you were wearing your 'running' shoes in order to get home before that storm broke?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trevor... I actually had on a slip on shoe so had to take them off to move faster : }}!!

      Delete
  4. Grace I never go out to track a single thing. Every day is different so I just wander slowly. I'd have got wet rather than run.

    These are beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian...I don't mind getting wet ..I am not made of sugar ; )!!
      It's the camera I was worried about, not much to cover it with when your wearing shorts and a tank top!! : )

      Delete
  5. HI Grace Those shoes sure have come in handy! Pity about the rain however you got some great shots before it started. I never really go looking and then what I find is always a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret..It was a gorgeous day when I left, so I wasn't prepared for the sudden shower. I can be gone for 2 hours and only be a mile from home : ))

      Delete
  6. just gorgeous fields and flowers! and jealous over the rain. last two days it was predicted. some saw it, we didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teresa... It is so lush and green here for this time of year thanks to the extreme heat,and rain (3 inches) Saturday in 6 hours ! : )


      Delete
  7. Hope you find one of those butterflies soon GG.
    Glad you had some shoes on for a change.(;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW...so pretty grace!! those black eyed susans always make my heart skip a beat!!

    i love those dark skies in summer....and a fun summer storm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie...my heart skip's a beat when theirs a storm ; )

      Delete
  9. Such cool photos Grace! It looks gorgeous out there, love all the butterflies and flowers and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise...nothing like the country!! : }

      Delete
  10. Dear Grace,
    Will there be a part III? I love these short stories and your pictures are very nice. Hope you will see your butterfly!

    Take care and always wear your shoes while on the road... :)

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise .. that's sweet : ) I may have another soon!!
      Yes I will wear my shoes!!

      Delete
  11. Grace, I am glad you are wearing your shoes now! The shoes come in handy when you want to walk further or run home to avoid the rain. Lovely images, I am sure your Black Swallowtail is there waiting for you! Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen...I would love to see it one more time : )

      Delete
  12. Even if the search did not produce any black swallowtails, Grace, I enjoyed the travels and seeing the sights on your adventure. Glad you made it back before the rainstorms started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B...Glad you enjoyed...don't tell anybody, but I took of my shoes so I could run faster : ))

      Delete
  13. Your search for the elusive butterfly at least resulted in many beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a lot of caterpillars! Love the storm lighting shots! Glad you got home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH it will be fun trying to figure out what the caterpillars are...Glad you didnt get STUCK with lightening out in that storm!! Lovely shots you brought back with ya tho~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry it's taken me till now to get over here...those are milkweed tussocks! They turn into a moth. We are spotting them around here too. Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete