Finally after a long time trying I caught up with the Killdeer sitting still!!
All about birds description...A shorebird you can see without going to the beach!!
Killdeer are graceful Plovers that can be seen in a pastures to a golf course : )!!
They run across the ground in spurts, stopping with a jolt every so often to see there progress, and see if they have scared up any insects..no kidding Dick Tracey"..that's why I couldn't get a shot at one ; ) !!
Every Spring I love it when you hear them arrive, sometimes just before dawn as they land in the field with that excited shrilling call of kill-deer ..kill-deer!!
Heading home from a walk recently, I had just started to cross the bridge,and I always take a glance down to see what's in the mud, and grasses!! There he was ,the Killdeer...we both locked eyes with surprise !! I didn't want to go to bridge edge, because I knew he would be gone so I had to crouch down low, and shot through the metal bridge railing hoping for the best!!
Here's what I had after cropping out the blurry bridge railings!! : )
The eye contact!!
The look away ... "Ooop's I have been caught!
It didn't take a few seconds, and he was of down river!!
I can move when I need to, : )
I was up from that crouched position in time to get this one!!
awesome! the only way i've ever gotten close to one was if i'm in my car and creep up with window rolled down. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely shots GG and flying as well.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful. Nice shots.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos ! It took me some time with these cheeky birds to but I to finally got photos a while ago ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day !
ReplyDeleteHi Grace. I'm delighted you managed to get these lovely shots.
ReplyDeleteThe Killdeer are cuties! Great shots, Grace. Happy weekend to you!
ReplyDeletewell done Grace; isn't it fun picking up those wonderful photos; just made your day I bet and put that little spring in your step after
ReplyDeleteit's always so exciting, great captures!!
ReplyDeletehave a sunday funday!!
Fantastic shots. I like the close-ups,but the flight picture is beautiful.The water creates a lovely background.
ReplyDeleteSuperb shots. Well worth the hassle.
ReplyDeleteWell done for getting these shots. It is not easy in a crouching position and more difficult getting up from one!! Margaret
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa.. : )
ReplyDeleteThanks R. E. T. ..: )
Thanks Roy.. : )
Thanks Elaine.. : )
Thanks Frank ... : )
Thanks Eileen... : )
Thanks Carole ...yes in did : )
Thanks Debbie... : )
Thanks Ruth... Yes water does take on some strange patterns sometimes!! : )
Thanks Adrian.. Yes it was : )
Thanks Margaret ...you have got that right haha : )
They can run as fast as they can fly! I always love hearing the call and watching them too...I normally see them at the Dump around here! GLAD got your shot Grace, GOOD work getting up out of that crouch that fast!!
ReplyDeleteHi Grace...Great images, It's always good to come away with a set of successful images after you've been through that pain barrier!! You did well to move so fast!...I don't know about you but I always find that the resulting dizzy spell seems to temper the pain in the knees!!...[;o)
ReplyDeleteNice- i haven't seen them here but they were very common where I grew up in Michigan.
ReplyDeleteThose silly killdeer! But I do love to hear them call.
ReplyDeletei know your weekend sucked, so sorry about that!!
ReplyDeletethe entry of mine, hot, hot, hot, that you commented on, was posted in error, by the buggy man.....sorry!!
you will see the finished product tomorrow!!
Great photos, lovely post for WBW!
ReplyDelete