I came zipping around the front of the garage heading into the house!! As I turned the corner a bird flew up from the side garage door window and sat on the rail to the steps into the house!! I thought that is strange, and I don't recognize him either!!
He sat there, and I was dying to get to my camera! It wasn't until I got to the step that he flew around the back of the grange, and I ran in the house for the camera hoping I would see him again!!
Sure enough there he was sitting in the Catalpa tree next to the garage!!
Not great photos, but a record anyway!!
He sat there, and I was dying to get to my camera! It wasn't until I got to the step that he flew around the back of the grange, and I ran in the house for the camera hoping I would see him again!!
Sure enough there he was sitting in the Catalpa tree next to the garage!!
Not great photos, but a record anyway!!
It is the Black-Throat Green Warbler
I had to do some searching to find out which of the Warblers it was!!
He get's in this position...
and headed toward the windows that are on the second floor of the garage !!
He seemed interested in his reflection in the window!!
Which could explain why he was at the window in the door when I first saw him!!
Coming in for a landing!!
Once landed "I thought well maybe his mate is caught inside the garage!!
I leave a window open a bit because birds do get in through the open main door, and it
gives them a way out!!
He looked a little baffled ...hmm!!
Them he preceded to walk down the roof , and hopped onto the Catalpa tree again!!
He repeated that same thing over and over !!
I went and checked to make sure there wasn't another bird inside, but none,
so it must have been his reflection that attracted him!!
I have seen the Cardinal do this before, but never any other bird !!
Anyone have any ideas???
I was just happy I had a new bird for me, and I didn't even have to leave my house!!
He is a pretty bird. I am glad you got to see it and get pictures as well.
ReplyDeletewhat a neat looking bird! a lot of character, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Grammie What an interesting incident and well photographed. It is a lovely looking bird. Perhaps he was just practicing for his modelling career!!Margaret
ReplyDeleteAnother find and an obliging find at that.
ReplyDeleteThese little guys are really handsome!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely set of photos. I enjoyed watching this bird's journey from tree to window to rooftop to tree!
ReplyDeleteSuper excellent...love the action shots you've managed to catch. [In ID'ing some I've seen, they have an olive green back along with the black throat and yellow head]---looks like one to me.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet bird. I am always excited when I see a new bird!
ReplyDeleteLove the yellow head and contrasting markings!
ReplyDeleteHe is a great looking bird ,so much colour ........and a long name.
ReplyDeletepeter
A beautiful little bird to see Grace... lovely images.
ReplyDeleteGrace, I have no idea about the reason for his antics but a super species to see.
ReplyDeleteIts always good to see a different bird and gets some shots of it GG.
ReplyDeleteA great series of photos and very interesting bird behavior. It's good you were quick enough to get the camera to catch it all.
ReplyDeleteA neat little bird that entertained you for quite some time.
ReplyDeleteGrace, congrats on your new bird. He is a pretty one too. Great shots
ReplyDeleteHi grammie, great photo,you sure have a lot of neat birds around your place.
ReplyDeleteBirds do the strangest things sometimes dont they? WE saw a pair of these a couple weeks ago while hiking in the mountains, one swooped over our heads and the other landed in a tree by the trail, I didnt have my bird book with me so we were making wild stabs at what it might be, NOW I know what it was for sure...Thanks Grace!
ReplyDeletea lucky day to find a new bird and to pick up these fabulous shots of it Grace; what a beauty it is too
ReplyDeleteCute little bird.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice story and great photos you took, especially those in flight! I've never seen this little bird before, maybe it's not in my country Sweden!?
ReplyDeleteGreetings Pia
Most likely he was offended by the other bird in what he had claimed as his territory. Since he was not directly attacking his reflection, I doubt if he was part of a mating pair.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots! I do wonder what was going on. Maybe looking for a mate as good looking as he was!
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruth.. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Teresa... : )
Thank you Margaret ...: ) yes perhaps just that !!
Thank you Gary.. : )
Thanks Adrian... : )
Thanks Euthymic... Glad you enjoyed the journey : )
Thanks Hootin Annie for confirmation : )
Thanks Karen.. : )
Thanks Brian...: )
Thank you Peter... : ) Tongue
twister name : )
Thanks Andrew.. : )
Thank you Frank....A mystery for sure .. : )
Thank You Roy... Love it : )
Thanks MicK ...Birds are comical at times!!.... : )
Thanks John...: )
Thanks Eileen... : )
Thanks John .. Always ... : )
Thanks Sondra.. Haha I did all your work for ya!! : )
Thanks Carole...when you least expect it... : )
Thanks you Gunilla.. : )
Thanks i stora drag... : )
Thanks you Arija.. You could be right .. : )
A very beautiful warbler, and you captured him in some nice poses!
ReplyDeleteWhat's with you "zipping"? Be careful you don't come a cropper and end up having to take a lie down. A lifer and a number of great shots is what I call birding - nice one Grace. He'd seen his reflection in the window and all fired up with spring hormones he wanted to investigate the other male he'd seen, poor thing. Hope he finds a mate nearby Grace.
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful bird! Always nice to see a new one. Watching how birds act is always interesting....and often puzzling. I would guess he is worried about others in his territory, but at least he isn't attacking your window. We have a silly titmouse that taps on the sliding door all the time in one spot. I even hung a feeder there to discourage it.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting Grace, and you got some great photos there.
ReplyDeleteDenise
An English Girl Rambles
Hi Grace, me again :) I accidentally deleted your comment on my blog but have cut and paste your message from my e-mail. Your message will be there but not under your link. I will however add that onto my comment. Thanks again, guess I'm not quite awake yet?
ReplyDeleteDenise
An English Girl Rambles