Tuesday, June 11, 2013

~~~Who Are The Birds In My Neighborhood~~


It is hard to believe how quickly Wild Bird Wednesday comes, so I have put together some photos of just a few of the birds in  my neighborhood  !!
The first four I took last month when the apple trees where in bloom!!

Red Winged Blackbird 
Flaps down getting ready for a landing!!


Made it ...!


This is the Bobolink !!
The yellow is the back of it's head, and what can't see is his back which is white!!
Only decent shot I got !!

Eastern Kingbird!! 
Hope to be able to get one of it down lower some time !!

Cute little Eastern Phoebe..love these guy's!!
Don't you love a dead branch on a tree, clear view!! 

The Eastern Bluebird!
My all time favorite bird !

Purple Finch !!  
This time of year the males color is so brilliant !!


Some of the new neighbors!! : )


38 comments:

  1. awesome! haven't seen a bobolink since i left wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos ! Thanks for sharing ! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Redwing in flight, that's not easy. Wonderful post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos of some of the birds in your neighborhood. I think the little Eastern Phoebe is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great variety! Love the first shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure have a lot of different birds in your neighborhood. They are all so beautiful!!! I too like the Eastern Bluebird!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of photos. I especially liked the red finch.Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice for you to have such charming new neighbours!
    The combination of birds and flowering trees or snow covered ones, is just lovely. I even leave a small dead tree standing just in case I get a bird land in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see the birds in your neighborhood, especially since none of them come to my neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow Grace you sure got some beautiful snapshots of the birds; so lovely each of them. And yes bare trees; what fun when you see a bird in them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Grace, these are wonderful shots of your neighborhood birds. I have been looking for a Bobolink. Lovely bluebird! The last shot is adorable. Great post, have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the perspective of the Red Winged Blackbird in flight...awesome. And the baby birds in the tree hollow? Sweet!!!

    Black Bellied Whistling Ducks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Grace...Wow! what a colourful selection of birds you've got there?

    The Eastern Bluebird and the Purple Finch are real stunners.

    As for the Bobolink...where on earth did that name come from?...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Eastern Phoebe, that photo is superb Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like that first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos of your colourful birds! Love the last one with the babies in the tree!
    Greetings Pia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi grammie, once again, you have wowed me with your bird photos, I really enjoy these different birds. I wish I could find a more variety of birds up here like the ones you have. Keep them coming. John from Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that bluebird photo! Outstanding. We have our phoebe family back for the summer, living in their nest under our elevated deck . I don't think I've ever seen so many birds you manage to spot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of colouful birds .. Thanks for sharing these delightful views.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Grace,

    All these birds are lovely and I love the first picture of the redwing blackbird, nice shot!
    In fact, all the pictures are great, a nice series. Many of these we see here except the Eastern Bluebird that we don't see anymore. :(

    Have a nice day & a nice weekend!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  21. you got some awesome shots grace!! i think those kingbirds like to hang up high!!

    hungry little newbies!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice pictures of interesting birds, enjoyed the whole series.

    Ottar

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still find it hard to believe you get birds like this in your garden! Splendid pictures.

    Cheers - and thanks for linking to WBW - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  24. You have great birds in your neighborhood! I love the first shot with the down-turned wings...and the babies too. ...and you have Bobolinks in your yard! Lucky you! I have to drive to a local park with a meadow to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, the Eastern Bluebird is my fave also but I have yet to see one!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi....Nice shots of the birds around you !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fantastic selection of beautiful photos Grace, really impressive and I loved the one of the Red-winged blackbird in flight, a great catch!

    Wishing you a great day,
    Denise
    An English Girl Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the first shot of the red-winged! Great series :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice series. I especially like the first blackbird with wings down.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a collection.
    The Blackbird with the "Go faster racing stripes" always amuses me.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks Roy...I guess I never thought about those looking like racing stripes ; ), now ever time I see one I will think of that! : )!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow...what a nice bunch of neighbors and you took such great photos of all of them. That flying blackbird shot is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks Neil... : )


    Thanks Mary... Cute little bugger aren't they!! : )

    ReplyDelete